DC Rally Who is goin?

You can use “VLC Media Player” to stream them.

Choose “Media”>“Open Network Stream” and “Paste” the YouTube video url into the stream media section. " https://youtu.be/o7Yb85yIDiU "

They should play with no issues. :v:

5 Likes

Thanks for the tip, Freddie. Got it in and going - but when I enter the URL for Smoky’s “Vaping Legion” (above), it won’t run (will try to figure this out). Weirdly - and it does not appear that the “portable” (stand-alone in a folder) presence of VLC has anything to do with is - the video (now) runs OK. You must have somehow sent your “magic” my way ? :thinking: Could you be an “Alchemist”, sir ? Could it be the Boron ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Gawd, those (rally) folks are a little bit “scary” to this old man. Righteous indignation ! Katy, bar the door !

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. (Fredrick Douglass).

4 Likes

Watched a few different streams for about an hour and am impressed with what I saw. Average folks with a singular message conveyed in a respectful manner.

5 Likes

Just hang in there and fasten your seatbelt, You’ll be fine. :rofl:

3 Likes

Well, the phenomenon (of the video playing) definitely is unrelated to VLC in a sub-folder in Program Files. Going to run out and buy 100 lbs of Boron forthwith (to ward off the Kryptonite). Wowie Zowie, Boron Man !

:clown_face:

4 Likes

@Raven-Knightly

Hopefully it’s not magic or a mineral supplement. :rofl: Your browser probably got the installation of the VLC plugin to handle the video. Check your plugins and add-ons in your browser options. :wink:

But still thanks you made my day with your humor. :smile:

3 Likes

There was no installation process for VLC. Entirely portable in nature. I ran the main EXE once (which could not run Smoky’s video). No evidence of any new plug-ins (or individual files created) in my Opera folders (within Program Files folder). Oddly as well, Smoky’s video remains the only one (out of all of the preceding other videos) that (only now, since you have performed the sacred Silicon Valley Incantations) doth run !

The VLC files are presently parked off on a logical drive, well away from my C: Drive partition. Go figure.

:non-existent head-scratching emoji:

2 Likes

I just formatted two comps 3 days ago and i always go with win7. I never even tried 10. Same with Office; i’m staying with 2013.

3 Likes

Now we just have to bottle all of Smokys Magic video posts and your humor and I can toss out all my anti depressants. Im cured its a miracle! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

If we achieve “harmonic convergence”, can we also make Big Orange Daddy disappear in a puff of vapor ?

:clown_face:

4 Likes

You mean a (“mutual agreement between individual differentiable consciousnesses upon an ideal “objective” reality”) in some kind of triad form of tribal ritural or other worldly incantation? Sure I can join in? :crazy_face:

Like Vape your magic unicorn recipes to the four cardinal directions of the earth while laughing and it’s done? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

If you MUST run Windows 10, at least you can FIX some of the BIG PITA issues with one fell swoop.

http://www.classicshell.net/

4 Likes

Why do you even want to use an 18 year old operating system? 5 years old is already from another era in IT terms.

2 Likes

Poverty, for one (as well as revulsion for the debacle known as Windows 10, much of my existing software quite likely not running on it, and my lack of desire to have deal with Linux builds and the like). I don’t drive a Beamer - or anything else for that matter. Perhaps you may have some mercy on those less graced by fortune and fate - then again, perhaps not.

2 Likes

Windows XP lacks fundamental functionality to keep your computer from getting infected… if you don’t have the money or don’t want to spend on MS, install a Linux. There is nothing to build and it’s just as easy as using Windows these days, free secure updates and you have a normal graphical desktop with all the latest software and security.
Another option is to just get a $10 Windows 10 license (there are plenty cheap license sites) and you’ll get life long updates. Win XP really shouldn’t be run on any network anymore.

2 Likes

Thank you for your thoughts. Sounds encouraging regarding Lunix - however, I have a DVD full of software that would likely be a no-go. Am looking (when able to get a new system) to use the free VMware app and tools to run my XP (and almost all ancient software apps) in a (single OS) virtual machine (looking at Linux rather than Win 10 as the main system OS). My Win XP as is has ~140 relevant post-SP3 security-related updates applied, a very large proportion of (by me unwanted) vulnerable Services disabled, and a white-list type anti-EXE program from a while back called WinPatrol WAR. The only network that I am on is my ISP’s WAN. Ethernet connected, no Wi-Fi. It is indeed a less than ideal scenario, and I hope for progress - as my options for internet browsers, as well resultant compatibility with web-sites, is ever narrowing-down for me.

2 Likes

“Why don’t presidents fight the war?
Why do they always send the poor?”

2 Likes

Running Windows 8.1 here…it actually works well too.

2 Likes

?? pretty sure George Washington was in a war…

how’d war come up on this? :flushed:

2 Likes

My comment may have been misplaced in this string…I was replying to a comment citing Country Joe and being the first on you block to have your son come home …anyway sawry for that.

3 Likes