Defeated and considering smoking again i cant afford retail

in 6 months ive found 1 flavour i like out of the bottle. everything else taste like crap no matter how i mix it. V2 Vanilla custard is the only flavor that actually mixes well, i tried TFA blueberry wild at 3%-7% its all dog sht same with tfa rootbeer TFA Bav cream TFA vanilla swirl tastes like cardboard and chems but sure enough every bottle of premium retail juice i buy is like candy, im so fed up, i didnt realize you needed to be a chemistry major to even get a decent juice no wonder its 1$ a ml for good ejuice gues theres no sub for an expert dont even know why im posting this but maybe someone can tell me what im doing wrong and why my juices taste like literal dog sht

10 Likes

People here can take a stab at it…but more info is needed.

Type in a couple recipes here for folks to provide feedback.

What type of rda or rta are you using?

And so on.

11 Likes

Are you vaping right after mixing? If so, that’s the chemical taste youre experiencing. Most recipes need to sit for a bit to properly mix together before vaping. Are you following a recipe or mixing as you go? As @Chrispdx merntioned, more info is needed. Don’t give up yet.

9 Likes

Every new mixer goes through this learning curve. The ones that succeed do so because of determination and perseverance combined with reading and testing.

10 Likes

Others here can help with flavors and recipes better than I could. One thing though: most commercial juice is loaded with sweeteners where most DIY are not. If that is what you are used to you may need to use them. Whatever it takes to stay off the stinkies.

7 Likes

Sorry to hear you’re throwing in the towel. I had a rugged start as well and mixed up a lot of draino. You’re getting good advice and per my experience, my mixes are now better than anything I can buy. Every now and again I’ll try something off the shelf and it just sits in a drawer after the first atty full.

11 Likes

i steeped vanilla swirl for 4 weeks at 5% the sweetness is fine just taste like draino, i used BB wild at 5% was good for a day, now its slimely and disgusting tasting sure is sweet tho! i have a profile rda with a clapton, everything is benchmark, im so sick of waiting a month to see if i got something vapable and sure enough every time its crap

5 Likes

ive been at this for 6 months ive tried everything i can think of, i just dont have what it takes i guess.

4 Likes

i have a 100ml bottle of TFA bav cream steeping for another 2 weeks at 5% havent added nic or sweeteners, im so not hopeful its disgusting im tempted to just toss it to remove the suspense. idk if my buds are just shit but cigarettes atleast satisfy my craving even if they taste like crap

4 Likes

I had a terrible time starting out. I’m diabetic and sweet to me is akin to poison. I vaped a flavorless PG/VG at a whopping 24 mg nic mix for about a month. That kept me off cigarettes. That progressed to a menthol mix while I experimented with simple recipes and also with various gear. I also discovered that I had a bottle of shitty nicotine that made everything taste like crap. Persevere.

There are very good guides here written by top notch mixers. There are also some that have their own one shot lines that may help. Look around and do some reading.

9 Likes

Are you vaping one flavor at a time? Have you tried mixing two or three of your flavors in one mix?
You can smoke and vape. Many new vapers do. It doesn’t have to be a all or nothing experience. Once you find a recipe you like and doesn’t taste like crap to you then you can quit the cigarettes.
Do you have a preference of what flavor profile you like the best? Fruits, Bakery’s, Tobacco? The more information you provide us the more we can help you.

8 Likes

Seems like your mixing only Single Flavors . If this is true than your not going to get much especially from those that you listed. There are descent single flavors but usually a finished eliquid uses multiple flavorings and when combined properly the Singke Flavors make a satisfying liquid. Videos , Read , Research , Practice , Experiment … The flavors that arr available today compared to just a few years ago are so much better it doesnt take much to make a good liquid…I’m not sure what you expected from TFA Single flavoring ?

The newer flavors like Wonder Flavours you dont need a month to steep , go watch Fresh03 hes on like 3 tines a week , Diyordie will be on today …

14 Likes

alright ive calmed down a bit, i like deserts, fruits and bakeries. i used to smoke a great 1 hitter style retail vape and i really liked the vanilla. yes ive tried more mixes than i can count at this point, i have a box of 15 or so different flavours, ive been trying standalone and 5% with a few % accents for different notes, ive done extensive reading and youtube watches. im at the point where i need more supplies and im scared to invest anymore of my effort and resources, times are tough.

6 Likes

You in the United States ???

I believe you are ,

Have you tried to buy One Shots

6 Likes

i wish, im in butt hole canada under the regime of the hand of the queen

6 Likes

no i think i heard of em one time isnt it nicotine?

5 Likes

@Diyflavorchaser is also in Canada she is a DIY Mixer and sells One Shots might be a good option . The recipes are from DIY mixers so you can grab a few and see that its not hopeless

9 Likes

A One shot is a mix of flavor concentrates pre made for you to add VG , PG and Nic …you get lime 300ml of finished product for like 12$

6 Likes

ok man, thanks alot ill check her out

6 Likes

Besides that hang out for a bit and we will get you heading in the right direction BUT ill tell you right now its gonna take more than what you have on hand…

7 Likes