Defeated and considering smoking again i cant afford retail

In NZ smokes are $35 NZD per pack, just made 100ml of 3mg with 14.4% flavoring for $6.18 NZD

13 Likes

That makes you a dangerous person to the NZ government…you’re a tax dodger!

11 Likes

Yes indeed! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: The government was raising taxes 10% per year for a few years till they got to the ridiculous price they are now in their quest to get New Zealand smoke-free by 2025. The funny thing about governments is they manage to generate the same amount of tax as smoking rates decline (i.e we are going to make ourselves look good by being anti-smoking, but we must retain the same level of revenue). When their revenue starts dropping they will look to tax vaping without question!

11 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

6 Likes

Hey brother, i had a bit of a busy few days, but i got my order and i have some time to work on DIY now. D’ya think you could help me out with a few flavours?

6 Likes

Whatcha got

5 Likes

v1 custard, Inwa Strawb shisha strawb ripe. whats a good mix % for custard? i did v2 at like 12% standalone and it was pretty amazing. but im seeing people have success with as low as 5% standalone. I have a few other flavs too, Bav cream meringue, marshmallow plus the others i had from before

6 Likes

Ya you can layer the V1 and put it at like 3 to 4 pct add 1 to 2 pct Bavarian Cream then SB ripe at 3 and shisha at 3 something like this will work …Tha VCV1 is a long steeper and the ripe can go up a couple pcts as well …

4 Likes

should i make custard base and add the fruits closer to the 1mon mark?

6 Likes

Some people do that and you can …I never have Im also not a huge Custard guy , I use custard as accent flaves more than using them as the base

4 Likes

Give me a little time and I’ll not some thungs down for you

5 Likes

ok, and yeah im huge on custard, defs my fav flavor

6 Likes

@dylans709 You should use the calculator and populate your “My flavor stash”. You can make it public and it will be easier for others to help you out.

e-liquid-recipies Home page

Search for your flavor in the “Flavor list”. You may see several names that seem like they are for the same flavor but look a litte different. Pick the one that has the highest number of people who have that flavor. From there you can add it to your stash. I think this is the easy way to make your stash and have the flavor names right.

9 Likes

Stealing from TZ …
How to search the ELR database and select the correct flavor name:

And then using YOUR choices from above, if you had gone to actually ‘create a recipe’, these are the suggested %'s from the calculator itself, which sure looks pretty close to @fidalgo_vapes suggestions. Adjust up or down after the first mix.

10 Likes

DIY-induced depression :slight_smile:

5 Likes

interesting read. i am somewhat in the same boat. my vapes have been tasting bland at best, and i am here to try and figure it out.

good luck to you and me both :slight_smile:

6 Likes

If vaping fruits a citrus or sour pop would liven/ brighten them up.

8 Likes

Bang on @KiwiPete Tax is nothing more than Legalised theft. It makes me want to barph :face_vomiting: when the Lefties start throwing around the “…no civilization without taxation…” nonsense. In my experience, at least, those who earn least want to tax most.

5 Likes

Stick with it it’s a learning curve for sure. Once you get your arms around it though and learn from other people’s recipes, it’s absolutely amazing. I would never go back to commercial juice or smoking. As you see, you have a huge community here to help. Don’t give up.

11 Likes

Welcome @Mirrorim You’re in the right place. Might not happen as fast as you like but it WILL happen. I went through a dejected period in my DIY and left the forum for awhile. Truth was that I wasn’t willing to do what I needed to make a decent mix for myself. I pulled up my bootstraps and dug in and started to do the reading I needed to do. I wish you a great recipe…much sooner than I waited.

7 Likes