Defeated and considering smoking again i cant afford retail

Ok buddy I’ll check em out, thanks again for the advice

6 Likes

GREAT suggestion @fidalgo_vapes, @zippy, @dylans709.

7 Likes

I am gonna order some new flavours I think and some supplies, do you think I could impose on you to help me build the perfect cream base to add strawberry ripe/shisha by inrw to? I guess my biggest gripe is I can’t perfect a good cream. Thanks again for all your encouragement

7 Likes

6years of mixing well over 1000 flavors and I still dont have what I consider the perfect cream base lol…Lots of places to start i would grab TPA VC2 and FA Premium Custard , LB VIC , FLV Cream , OOO vanilla marshmallow , INW Yes we cheescake , the list goes on Flapper Pie by WF and their Bavarian Cream , VTA Sweet Cream etc …But yes I would love to help when you get your flaves…

Another thing I was thinking is to Push the Ethyl Maltol up 10 pct or higher add half to a a whole pct of SS and maybe that BB xtra at 5 to 7pct ish …

8 Likes

Don’t give in the information in this group is priceless it’s all 100% pure and correct. I started out the same way and one recipe after another I gained more confidence and complete respect to the group if I had gone solo. That being said spend money and time getting advice here I’ve changed my whole world and personal health 180% thanks to these amazing people. Not bragging just being greatful for the help!!

Thanks again!!

15 Likes

Could you make a list of the acronyms? I thought TPA/TFA are the same? My TFA just says Flavour Apprentice. Also I think some of those brands we don’t have in Canada Ps. Im out of replies =/ i didnt know it was limited. I can get v1 vanilla custard with diacetyl, idc about the negatives is it a better formula?

7 Likes

10% on em is alot for me I think, it mutes my flavours at 1%. I’ve actually stopped adding it all together…
Ill try editing this post as im out of replies and hopefully you see it, I ordered a bunch of creams to play with and some bottles itll be here in a week or so.Thanks for encouraging me to continue im gonna mix up one of those flavors now, and play around with the bav cream some more, whats the max u can use TFA bav cream u think? before muting? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP SIR

8 Likes

Your basically using it as a SF Cotton Candy so whatever pct to get a descent vape while you wait for more flavors…Typically I wouldn’t advise anyine to use EM at all …

9 Likes

Yes I will

Gonna eat dinner be back later

7 Likes

TPA/ TFA The Flavor Apprentice also the perfumes apprentice

FA Flavour Art

INW inawera

MB Molinberry

Cap Capella

FW Flavor West

SSA Sobucky Super Aromas

WF or WFSC Wonder Flavours

VT or VTA Vape Train Australia

LB liquid barn

Osdiy one stop DIY

OOO one on one

FLV Flavorah

MF medicine flower

DV decedent vapour

Um i cant think of anymore Flavor Makers…

In the resource section on ELR there is a glossy for acronyms I believe

11 Likes

Ive used it up to 3 pct back in the day…Try the Blueberry at 4 to 6 pct with 2 pcts Bavarian Cream that may work ok

You can make a Graham Cracker mix with the Clear being your top note …

2 to 3 pct GRham Clear
Bavarian Cream at 2ish
Vanilla Swirl at 1 pct
Sweeten to taste
Add a butterscotch ripple at 2

12 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

10 Likes

I know this might be a bit weird, but try making a very low % mix, for years everything i mixed was crap, I then took it to the lowest % i could and have never looked back. My mixes are very rearly over 2% with all my flavours together. Just try low then move up until you find what you like.
Dont give up, your life depends on it.

15 Likes

Many opinions could be given…, (1st off) have u done any solo testing? (2nd) What percentage are u using for flavors? (3rd) What is the ratio of juice are u making? i.e. VG to PG?, (4th) regular liquid or for a pod mod? There could be many reasons… or it could even be something
simple(maybe) as your set-up… don’t give up… I have only been DIYing for a little over a year now & stuff is tasting pretty damn good…, as to when I first started…, I just do some reading & researching about certain flavors … SFT some maybe & mix up my thoughts., in time I have gotten a hell of a lot better…, thanks to the GREAT DIY COMMUNITY! Just ask questions if u need help with anything, I’m sure someone would opt. to lend a hand…, we have some GREAT mixers here! Ask away!..
EDIT: a little advice… TFA/TPA has some pretty useful flavors, but not many… most suck ass… try a different brand… Hope this helps!

19 Likes

It really is amazing to watch the members on this forum gather round someone in obvious difficulties. Selfless, wanting nothing more than to offer help, encouragement and support to complete strangers who are struggling (I have been a beneficiary of this myself). Y’all, (esp the likes of @fidalgo_vapes ) are the very best of the mixing community.

19 Likes

@Ed133 ty for the kind words . I was blessed with great mentors that were here when i joined . I hope I have made those b4 me proud . There are so many great people on this forum and around this community .

15 Likes

Oye mate, we can get this right. i hope you never go back to smoking. Have faith, amongst this group are legit mixers and folks who care about the craft of mixing and the people that do it.

If you have a favorite juice, i’d be happy to take a crack at a flavor profile for it.

13 Likes

Good place for my first post I suppose. This is awesome! I considered DIY about 5 or 6 years ago when I was heavily into my mechs and rdas but was concerned it would be cost prohibitive considering I was very satisfied overall with what I was getting from Zamplebox, so I just stuck with that and eventually moved off my rdas completely as better sub-ohm tank options popped up. I ended up getting way ahead on my stockpile of eliquid while suspending my shipments every other month for a long time and stopped suspending when NY state passed the flavor ban. I got about 7 or 8 months out of my stockpile and ran out of juice 2 days ago. I had made my first order of starter kit and a variety of TFA concentrates from LNW which arrived yesterday and I have since mixed up 5 bottles of liquid to get started based on recipes I am finding here on ELR. My first go was a strawberry cheesecake I was hoping would make a suitable shake n vape and while a bit rough around the edges… this one is better than most of the fruit cheesecake blends I can recall from the last few years and I am sooo happy with this decision. I have an order coming from Bull City for some concentrates I think I will have fun with and I decided to get a liter of 100mg nic base from LNW (great price) which should give me enough nic a for long long time at my preferences… although I may wrap a coil and get a mech going today so I can see how this strawberry cheesecake really tastes.

I know this is kind of long winded but I just wanted to express how grateful I am to see the community coming together to help a fellow beginner. Its good to know that if I need to lean on you folks you will be there to help. Hang in there @dylans709 I am sure you will find what works for you with a little bit more experimentation. Don’t forget to take some notes to guide yourself using your own experiences along the way.

17 Likes

Good on ya @Mirrorim !. Make sure you enter your concentrates properly on the recipe side so you can take advantage the what can I make feature.

I’m in Canada like @dylans709 where a pack of smokes is ~$15 so I didn’t understand how smoking could be cheaper than a buck a mil :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

That was step one @big_vape . Took me a few minutes to figure out the name formatting… and spelling “Watermellon” (WRONG!) to find the TFA entry that would guide me to proper suggestions. The Strawberry (Ripe) is overwhelming the what can i make section for me right now. Waiting til I run out of bottles (4 more on hand) before I enter the stuff I have on order to make plans for my next mixing session. Going to get into a fight with Peanut Butter soon I think. This is fun.

11 Likes