Delete function for Dupicate Checker

I have noticed flavorah is getting better on the flavor list! Somebody has been looking into my suggestions! So, thanks for that!
I am worthless when it comes to the rest of the vendors (i just go with the one with most numbers, or i ask)

4 Likes

I used to make use of the “dupicate” checker to try and help out, but it’s like carrying water to the sea… :sob:
I quit using the duplicates checker because it’s just no use unless someone is willing to work on a solution to prevent this mess.
There have been suggestions left and right on how to fix it. I suppose one day when it spins out of control, someone will get a wake-up call and when a solution is in place, I’ll be happy to help clean up the mess.

7 Likes

I think it has been mentioned, but we can all do our best to label things correctly and help newer people learn how to label correctly. This data base is overwelming at first!

3 Likes

Define out of control. My opinion only, but it spun it of control many moons ago.

5 Likes

Kind of says something about the saturation of the market at this point too. There are so many new flavors coming out and being discovered that i dont see how it would be possible to keep a database pure or even close to it.

I have just a bit more power than the avg user on the recipe side, i can change dupes and i search for them in the same way any one does so i have no idea what it is actually like, but i can imagine. shivers

4 Likes

At this point I would pay money for the privilege to change dupes and misspells, :wink:

6 Likes

I like the ones that have %'s by them or the ones that have super funny names

Screenshot_2018-06-06-21-16-06-1
:smiley_cat:

3 Likes

Art is short for arthur so did u see those too. :rofl:

3 Likes

I usually use a mixture of 10% Acetyl Pyrazine, that was made and sold by an online DIY Vape shop here. In the database, it was put in as Acetyl Pyrazine 10%. It was deleted. If you could just leave that one alone, please, i would really appreciate it.

1 Like

I dont envy the mod and admin in the recipe side. If i was one of them, with the rate the mistakes were written, i’m sure it would make me crazy before i got anything done…

2 Likes

They have been a bit inactive recently, which is why I decided to go through a bunch yesterday, when I should have been working :stuck_out_tongue: hehe

Yep, a bunch of them were from you - the main contributor being :tada: @TorturedZen :tada: :slight_smile:

Very true. It’s a Sisyphean task at the moment. I have been working on ways to limit it… But I haven’t had time to implement any of them at this time…

I think I will start a new branch of the code and start working on step 1 of the big flavor database/recipe presentation redesign.

I am not looking forward to the moments of frustration and headaches ;D heheh

7 Likes

To address your original post: I didn’t bother letting people delete their own suggestions… The flavor admins can usually see if it’s good or bad right away, and just click “reject”… :slight_smile:

I take way too long accepting dupes as well, because I go through them all and either remove a few or mostly add a few more :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m likely to be the responsible party for this then (given what Lars just said), and you have my sincere apologies!!

There were a couple times I spent very long hours trying to make headway in the dupes, and I pushed past what probably should have been an earlier stopping point. I tried to make sure to rectify anything I might have screwed up, but I obviously didn’t catch it.

Sorry!

1 Like

You have no idea!!!
It’s also a pretty good indicator (so I’ve learned) that when you start “spitting nails” at the sheer overwhelming task, and some of the mistakes you run across, that it’s a good time to ‘call it a night’. :wink:

3 Likes

Nah, it’s all good. I realise it might happened because it does looked wrong, doesn’t it?

It’s not that so much, but it was more likely a miss click on my part that I thought I unchecked, but didn’t actually register, or I was too tired and simply didn’t realize I clicked on it (as I was moving through the page).

The scripts tend to get a bit laggy sometimes (when you go through long lists, or when it’s an extended session) in the browser.

1 Like

Do the dupes just get deleted in recipes or are they replaced with the right flavor?

All the incorrect flavors’ information is merged with the correct one and only then is it deleted :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I vote for hiring @TorturedZen, he’s doing an absolute fabulous job in leaving comments on people’s recipes, telling them to spell the flavors correctly or use the already added category for that flavor brand etc.

The day you have one of these comments, you know you screwed up big time and better change it lol.

JK aside, he and many others are doing a great job in keeping that data bank organized, please keep it up guys. Thank you.

6 Likes

giphy

5 Likes