Deleted recipies

I apoligize but to the lol? 7 ppl following me i have gone back to my posted recipies and one has bothered me from day 1 it was called "Butter egg custard " i finally just deleted it. There was 11.flavours going to nowhere land and it shows .
.ended up tasteless after 2 months. So rather than have anyone waste time $ and flavours its gone!
Sorry for the rant just felt I should explain. The rest i have vigorously tested n there à.ò.k wit me. Next òne is going to be alot better. Less is more i am ĺearning the hard way but still ĺearnìñģ.

16 Likes

It’s ok, what’s even worse is half most of the people on here release recipes that were shit to begin with and choose to leave them up

8 Likes

Only half joel?

5 Likes

Note the correction, good sir

6 Likes

Is it worse that I’ve made hundreds and kept them to myself? I’m not bragging, most were not worth sharing. I might have three of them posted, I’d have to check. I’ve been at this for around three years and I’m fiddling with almost every mix. That is making them better over time but…I’m the only one that knows lol!

8 Likes

Guess thats up to the mixer. If he/she feel it’s a big enough improvement to share, then maybe do so as it could help someone that has tried a recipe and felt it was off in some way. On the other hand, some people can get really butt-hurt over someone changing their mix and claiming to make it better.

5 Likes

4 Likes

I follow you @ladycrooks. No worries.

3 Likes

Lol, assumed pronouns…Should I have ordered some of this when I first joined and someone thought i was a dude? I didn’t even correct him, I figured he’d find out sooner or later. Hey, I thought everyone knew that muth was short for mother :grinning:

3 Likes

Heck, I hardly publish my recipes. I’m so damned picky I don’t feel that they’re worth it but maybe @Lostmarbles has a point. They may not be perfect for you but others may benefit from them in other ways. I never thought of it like that.

7 Likes

I realize that @D.Sims that IS why I made sure I mentioned the 7 ppl that DO follow me I am thankful to even have. VERY and if they do see some of my posts then I would like them to know why the 1st recipe I posted is dissapeared. thats all it was. I just dont want to be THAT guy. well girl, you know what I mean right??

5 Likes

This is true, my best seem to be the 3 to 5 ingredient ones once and a while ill get a good one with 7 but any more I am fucked.

4 Likes

Just my opinion but I know that other mixers feel likewise that some of the most ingenious recipes have only 2-4 flavors. It’s not easy and it takes vast knowledge of all the flavors and how they interact to achieve this (or luck, lol). I do this as an exercise sometimes, pairing 2 flavors then maybe adding a 3rd. @robin classic 2 flavor mix is a great example. I hardly touched fruit mixes until I tried hers and couldn’t believe how much I liked it. And so simple!

7 Likes

Oh my Gosh I did!
You see, I only use my phone with ELR, and the little round thumbnails with our pictures are 1/3 the size of my ACTUAL pinkie nail. So at that size, your tiny thumbnail pic looks like a silver haired handsome man with a popped collar and sunglasses on.
When I finally now clicked on your pic I see that in fact you are a lovely woman with blonde hair.
Dang, I’ve interacted with you a fair amount, all the while…
Man, it’s like one of my friends had a sex change.
My apologies.

4 Likes

I haven’t mix that one up in awhile @muth. I really need to go back and revise my old recipes. I think i was using nautilus tank when i originally made that recipe…

4 Likes

I never thought for a second you were a dude just didn’t. I don’t think my opinion matters in the world too much but for what itis i didn’t think it.

5 Likes

Still love that recipe @robin.

3 Likes

Ain’t that the truth!! Personally, I would love for someone to make one of my recipes “better” because if it’s better to them then it’s better and if it helps keep someone off of the stinkies then I am all for it!!

6 Likes

Yup. I personally have developed an aversion to Bavarian Cream. I used to love it but now I get a kind of bile buildup when I taste it. Now I’ll sub sweet cream or cream fresh for it and I’m happy with the results. I had asked a mixer if I could sub another cream in one of their recipes and was basically told that I’d change the profile and completely ruin it. They also said that if I didn’t like a flavor then I shouldn’t have any business mixing this recipe. Well, duh, of course the profile would change. That’s the point. I dropped it and mixed it my way. Didn’t make the changes public because at the end of the day, this is a hobby and not worth getting irritated over (easy for me to do). There are a ton of other things that have more right to do so. I’m sure this is the case with a lot of people.
For me, I mix how I want for me. If I share it with friends, they’re more than open to tell me what they think and I’ll adjust it for them if I can. Make it work for you and tweak on!

5 Likes

OMG me too!!! I used to LOVE it but to be honest, I only had TFA’s but in the end, it made me want to vomit just smelling it. I tried a couple of others but couldn’t. It’s been years now, I wonder…? :thinking:

4 Likes