Desktop Homogenizer

Has anyone tried the cheap desktop homogenizer from aliexpress ($130)?

After 3 years of DIY and trying al kind of steeping methods, still couldn’t get the ‘premium’ quality.

Maybe premium companies are using large homogenizers or smt?

5 Likes

In my case, it’s certainly not the lack of a homogeniser, more the recipes.
My theory about these “premium” juices is that these guys know their chemicals and additives. I doubt we can get our hands on half of the stuff these guys are using.

8 Likes

Homeogenisers Will help steepntime but obviously wont make a bad recipe good…A few people have thise including @SmilingOgre i believe so hopefully he will chime in

7 Likes

What kind of stuff?

5 Likes

You nailed it. My wait time to vape is eight hours and that is per suggested “settling time” for the homogenization process. Even that may not be necessary as I use an ultra sonic cleaner for five minutes to de-gas the homogenized mixture. Homogenization does not alter the taste of a recipe it only expedites the process. A bad recipe will just be a bad recipe, faster, lol. Steeping will produce just as good of a final product as homogenization. It will just take longer. There are those who believe steeping produces a better end result. I don’t have their taste buds so I have no way of knowing. Per my taste buds I can detect no difference.

11 Likes

As per the OP’s post, I have that unit or a knock-off that looks identical and it works fine. I’ve been using it for about three years now. I make one batch a week of about 125ml.

8 Likes

All kinds of chemicals usually used in food to change mouthfeel or change the perception of flavour or sweetness.

6 Likes

This is not to diminish your assertion, I’m sure they have access to things we do not, but, oddly enough I like my juices much more than commercial juices. Probably because I tweak them to what I like? I really don’t like it when I get lazy and have to snag something store bought to get me by.

7 Likes

Agree, i was just wondering if the homogenizer had effect to the ‘premium’ effect. The reason of this is because maybe with the homogenizer the flavors will blend better than time steeping.

5 Likes

Not per my testing. Same juice two methods same taste.

10 Likes

Well steeping is not a problem for me because i can’t taste very much different with MTL vaping.

6 Likes

Well there ya go! Save yourself some money.

7 Likes

I love it when you chime in @SmilingOgre. For science and shit. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Me too. But that’s not the point if he’s chasing “premium” juice. I’ve never mixed a recipe that had these kind of properties. And this is why I believe the commercial producers have some stuff in their arsenals we don’t have or we just don’t think of.

5 Likes

They have a lot more sweetener on hand that’s for sure

7 Likes

Love ending my sentances with, “and shit”.

3 Likes

@Lostmarbles I’m starting to do it more and more !!!

2 Likes