Did we give up the fight ? ( FDA )

Do you think it’s Hopeless ?

Have we lost our Zeal ?

Are we going to let the FDA tell us that a Mod , A Tank , A Battery , A Coil is a Tobacco Product ?

I for one am going to RE-Write letters to my Congressman and Senators BEFORE the Election and keep the fight going

https://youtu.be/4tHJ2qZG3_s

14 Likes

Have we lost our zeal? I’m really not sure we ever had any. There are millions of vapers that could have picketed the FDA building or the white house yet instead we sat on our ass waiting for casaa to do our meager bidding. So little was our bidding that casaa was pretty much just ignored as were all our emails, letters, etc. As you know politicians are quite good with the delete button…

Do we have a chance? Maybe, but not with the current people in power. Over the pass year we have see over and over how the powers to be (both dems and reps) are more than willing to rob us of our constitutional rights and have no problems either breaking, bending, passing law to suit themselves and those who own them. If this does not change then we just may be up shitz creek without a paddle…

Did like your video though. I hope they are successful. Didn’t seem like a lot of people though…

6 Likes

It’s not too late Actually NOW would probably be a good time to do it

6 Likes

The government is out of control. It has seized so much power from the states and the people, and are beholden to no one. And they got this power, not by raining down fire on the masses, but by little victories on the front lines of battle with the voter as their forward regiment. Rather than fight against the tyranny of government, as was the case in 1773, the divided and conquered citizenry continued to stand behind and support the government that was ruling over them in the greatest display of Stockholm Syndrome the world has ever seen.

Would the Sons of Liberty abide the Affordable Care Act? Hell no. But theirs was a more prominent and poignant, physical display of resistance. That’s not to say that protest - peaceful or otherwise - is of no effect today. It is. But the cause has to be one where, if a politician or political group takes up the reins, will be of some benefit to that person or group. When is the last time a single politician went against the grain in their party and actually accomplished something at the behest of the electorate? I can’t remember either. No, special interests get special consideration only when there is great money or power to be gained. Otherwise, it’s the federal government ramming legislation down our collective throats whether we like it or not. And that is the purest form of tyranny.

In a post the other day I eluded to what some may see as a cynical outlook on our ability to effect any change with regard to the FDA’s proposed regulations. I don’t regret saying those things because I believe them to be true. But like so many other Americans I still cling to hope that the time has come when our voices will be heard. I just don’t believe it matters or will bring any changes because of the stake those who make laws have in protecting big tobacco and big pharm. If vaping were not successful it would be a non issue. But it is, and therefor a threat. Still I write my letters and send my emails, make my phone calls and sign petitions. But all in all l don’t see where it’s helped one iota. Perhaps if we can get the career politicians voted out and some folks who believe in freedom and liberty in, then we may stand a chance and not just for keeping our right to vape. It runs sooo much deeper than that.

12 Likes

I just don’t see how the FDA can make a Law without a vote from the House and the Senate :disappointed:

2 Likes

They did not make the law, they were given power to REGULATE in 2009. The law which gave them this power was passed by the regular channels…

5 Likes

Bingo! You win the internet! (They don’t, they aren’t legislators and they know it)

But they are a powerful “administrative” body in the Government. From a constitutional standpoint, they really have no power and it could be fought with a constitutional lawyer.

In my state a good example of an administrative body is the DNR. (Department of Natural Resources) These guys have the power to arrest you, take your gun, take a fish you pulled out of the water (unless you are a native american) take an animal you shot, put you in front of a Judge and have you put in jail!

Isn’t that great?

To me this isn’t over by a long shot.

5 Likes

Only over Tobacco … Can the EPA outlaw coal ?

1 Like

True, this is why they insist that vaping is tobacco use and therefore included in their expanded tobacco regulations of 2016. Technically, sounds like hillary wants to ban coal, better stay mum on that…

2 Likes

If we start to vape coal and we like it, what do you think they will try to do?

1 Like

I think you know the answer to this one…lol

1 Like

Yes, I do.

1 Like

Sad but in my state they passed a sin tax on vape. Vape shops pay 40% floor tax and we the customer pay an additional 40% sales tax on vaping goods. One good part is some of our local shops that can stay open have lowered there price on there in store brand liquids as a screw you to our local government. All the emails and so on we have sent our representatives just got brushed aside as they don’t care about the people who voted for them. All the see is green, so as far as our government regulating, if it is allowed to happen would be devastating to the vape community. Personally I believe its to help big tobacco and other special interests, along with getting more money from upped prices and taxes. All that aside I don’t believe we should give up, as our government should not have a role to play here. Not saying it would all be bad, producers would be required to have what they claim in there juice weather it be the amount of nicotine, da, so on. But over all they would kill the wonderful experience that I feel saved my life with what we know as vaping. I do and will continue to try and voice our rights as vapors the best I can but in my state that has meant nothing. We are still trying.
I would hate for regulation to happen and them say all flavors target kids, tobacco only from now on. O by the way phillip Morris is you’re main supplier. Lol :frowning:

3 Likes

My Grandfather and Father were both Coal Miners in western Pa. All I know is if my Father would have vaped instead of smoked he may still be alive today

5 Likes

Apparently you don’t know just how true this statement will be in a few years. The regulations ARE written where few have the money it takes to get product to market. If we are lucky a handful of juice companies but pretty much your tobacco companies only have that kind of money. The worst damage to this industry will start being real evident after 2 years of regulation. After 3 years it will never be the same. Of course that’s assuming they don’t tax it out of existence before then…

1 Like

Very good chance of that, for sure. I am sorry to hear that. Does this mean you’re down on coal, or just the smoking? Just curious…

3 Likes

This isn’t over - people are angry. And not just about vapor.

1 Like

I agree. I’m sure you noticed I have been pushing non-establishment for the white house. People are angry, and with good reason.

Never know, maybe everyone will pack their Vapes and Guns and head for the White House to wait for the election results…

1 Like

No not down on coal But I do think that in 1976 Stanley Myers made a better way of using hydrogen ( H2o ) to solve all of our energy problems but they killed him for it
And Yes there is no way I’m going back to smoking even if it means zero Nic

5 Likes

It doesn’t have to come to that in my book. All we have to do is collectively refuse to go to work for 2 weeks. It would shut their whole system down.

4 Likes