Dinner Lady Strawberry Bikini - tongue tingle?!

Hoookay, so… had a search around and couldn’t find anything relating to this.

As much as I enjoy mixing my own stuff, every now and then I dip my toe into the big wide world of commercial liquid and buy a bottle.

This time around it was strawberry bikini by Dinner Lady (was craving a lemonade juice).

There is this weird tingle/fizz on the tongue which remains for quite some time (up to ~6 mins after stopping vaping).

Anyone have any idea what this flavouring or chemical might be? I’m quite enjoying it and would like to add it to some other recipes.

11 Likes

Can’t help I’m afraid but I’m interested to see if anyone can.

I’m also intrigued to try the juice now too. If I ever see it for the right price I probably will.

6 Likes

Maybe fizzy sherbet?

3 Likes

Battery acid ?

j/k, i will shut up now :grin:

3 Likes

I’ve tried sherbet (a few of them). The tingle I feel on my tongue after vaping Strawberry Bikini is nothing I’ve felt before.

It is like you have pop-rocks on your tongue whilst vaping it and the sensation lasts a good 5 mins afterwards. Very strange. Almost a numb buzzing feeling. I’m not sure how else to explain it without having tried it - very unique.

5 Likes

The best sherbet concentrate I’ve tried is Vapetrain Fizzy Sherbet but as good as it is I can’t say it gave the sensation you’re describing.
It did leave me with a ‘kind of’ fizzy type aftertaste but definitely not for the time you mention.

4 Likes

CAP lemon-lime has a bit of a fizzy, tingle to it… maybe CAP fizz pop? They aren’t as extreme as you are describing but it’s a start… maybe fizzy sherbert, lemon-lime, AND fizz pop together?

4 Likes

Funny you say that; I have all three together to see if it produced the sensation I was after. Nada.

I have tried them all as individual flavours as well, and none of them produce that feeling. I even tried adding some citric acid as well.

Strawberry Bikini says it contains furaneol at the top on the back. I’m not sure if this has anything to do with it but as far as I can tell, it is just a strawberry flavouring. I just thought it was weird that it was printed on the bottle. Normally juices don’t tell you what flavourings are in them.

5 Likes

I’m sorry it didn’t work :pensive: unfortunately I haven’t tried anything else that might even come close to that experience.

4 Likes

Honestly, it has me stumped. I appreciate your reply, though.

5 Likes

I’ve just read a review on this and according to that it states that this juice primarily tastes of strawberry but with a definite lemon flavour and some cooling?

I’m sure you’ve done a mountain of research but that’s the best I could find.

3 Likes

I have the flavour profile nailed and it still tastes lovely but…

The tingle on the tongue is what makes this juice special.

Has anyone actually tried it/knows what I’m talking about? As it stands I’m starting to think I’m the only one that can taste it… I mean, I could be going mad and imagining it.

6 Likes

I can imagine what you mean but have never actually experienced anything like it with a juice.
However I do like the sound of what you describe and I’m very tempted to buy some and see if I do.

3 Likes

I can remember reading about a flavor where the description used a comparison to Atomic Warheads candy. Unfortunately I don’t remember anything else that would be helpful to identify/find it again.

Atomic Warheads candy has a great bubbly fix but I don’t think that it lingers as you described.

3 Likes

http://tjek.nu/r/9krn

This recipe has the word tingle in the name?

3 Likes

Pop Rocks (cap) :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I Googled the ingredient list of Pop Rocks candy. " Pressurized carbon dioxide , the secret ingredient that makes something fizzy." I have no clue if that’s what’s in your juice, but it sounds like what you’re describing. I’ll dig some more and see what pops up.

2 Likes

Ok, bear with me! I have a cream charger that uses nitrous oxide cartridges to “whip” the cream. A few years back, I mistakenly bought co2 cartridges instead. That made the cream fizzy and liquidy and rather unpleasant. Some bartenders use the same device to mix some of their cocktails. I wonder if that’s what’s going on?

2 Likes

I’m going to give the pop rocks a go on my next order. Thank you.

Pressurising vape juice with CO2?! Damn. Getting all scientist on me.

2 Likes

Nah, just thinking out loud. I’m not suggesting to anyone to do something that could be unsafe. Definitely let us know if that flavor is it.

2 Likes