Disappointed with Lost Vape

This is not to insight riot against Lost Vape. It is not a call to arms or a plea for boycott. It is simply something I wanted to mention to those who might be interested in the Triade 250C. It has a nasty little failure mode.

After about a week of normal use and whatever “gunk” that might be deposited on fire button, the fire button will start to stick in the fire position. It is easy to work around but a PITA. Two screws remove the face plate exposing the buttons. Rinse the buttons off real good and go for another week. The switch on the board is nice and clickey. This is a design issue. The way the button mates to the switch allows the pair to become “mushy” with not enough force to return the button to it’s outer position.

I wrote Lost Vape and received no answer. I’m not interested in sending it back, I can make a good modification and get it working just fine. I was hoping they would be interested in addressing this as continual firing is a nasty situation to deal with.

Just a heads up if you are eyeing one and an expression of disappointment with an otherwise well respected company.

23 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. … I was interested in getting 1, but I think I’ll pass.

7 Likes

It’s a damn shame too. Nice in the hand. Replay is great as is TC with that unit. Obviously great battery life.

9 Likes

Simple solution. Stop over dripping. Lol. But yeah. I am kinda wondering if their qc is dropping

9 Likes

Interesting you should mention this. I have an older Lost Vape Therion DNA 166 that had a similar issue with the firing button. It would randomly stick, requiring several clicks to un-stick. Not cool at all. Never did send it in because at the time it was the only mod I had and couldn’t wait for repairs and turnaround time.

Eventually it fixed itself I’m assuming by every day, normal wear from repeated pressing.
Hopefully the same will go for you.

5 Likes

lol, don’t know. Mostly disappointed that they did not respond. That’s bad business.

7 Likes

And it could. Part of the problem is tolerance stack simply from the thickness of the paint. The other part of the problem is the distance from the actual switch.

7 Likes

I just saw that Vapor DNA just got the Project Sub-Ohm version of the Triad in stock. Such a shame. It’s a beautiful piece of hardware.

7 Likes

You know that! Sharp lookin. If you don’t mind cleaning it periodically or moding it a little it will be fine. But for some folks it could be a real disaster.

8 Likes

I’d send it back and ask them to waive the shipping fees. It might not bother you now but I’d send it back now while you have a chance. I’d send emails for replacement/switch out with photos and document the first attempt that you tried to get a response. Go through their facebook group to have that “seen message” icon.
You made a really modest post, but I went through this with a mod, it looked cool, everyone liked it but it has this “fatal flaw” thing, that made it nuisance. It ate at me everytime I looked at it and took 2 days to finally take it in the back yard and bury it (sending it back).

Something I didn’t really want to do because of the company, but it had to be done.

4 Likes

There is nothing they can do that I can’t do at home. I happen to have the tools to do it. Again, this is more of a heads up for folks that are considering the mod.

6 Likes

Any future mod problems I’m sending to you. K? :yum:

5 Likes

Lol, Ah… no. The mod coroner Mr. @Sprkslfly would be a better choice. With this one the problem was easy to access. I tried taking a mod completely apart once and it went boiiiiiinnnnnnggggg and shit flew out all over the place, much of which was never to be found again.

10 Likes

Same here. I sent it to Evolv and they were able to fix it, and pretty quick with turnaround. But it started sticking again in under 2 weeks. I learned to adjust my approach to firing it pretty quickly. Had to press straight in the middle, as top or bottom pressing caused the sticking. I eventually dropped it a few too many times and it died. Much much happier with the Aegis Legend.

6 Likes

I have removed this MOD from my Christmas list.
Thanks for the information :raised_hand:

8 Likes

Yep. Exactly!

6 Likes

I had issues with the previous version (DNA 250) of the Triade too, and they are not a great company to deal with.
I’ve had a Thinkvape Finder DNA 250C for a few months now and it’s perfect, it’s pretty much the same mod as the Triade, just a fraction smaller and a little cheaper too.

4 Likes

What you want to do is send it to evolve, they fixed My Triad 250 in less than a week turn around. while lost vape never even replied back yet, almost a month ago was the first email., Evolve out of bumfk I dahow, or Ohio can’t remember lol, but they did right by me on my older 250 Triad, not sure I would waste time with Lost Vape, now over 1 month with out a chirp and it is already fixed.

3 Likes

Something seems to be lost in the translation. This is not an evolve problem. The switch on the DNA 250 board is perfectly fine. I don’t want it fixed. I just want Lost Vape to be aware as well as other folks considering this mod. I am not wasting time. I have sent Lost Vape and email and made this post. I am done. I consider that to be due diligence. I digress. I am wasting time now by replying. My bad.

6 Likes

I told you that you should’ve gotten another Paranormal. No sticky buttons with that one.
Sorry to hear about this but fortunately easy to fix.

4 Likes