DIY Juice calculator Help please

Hi all,
So this question is for all of the super tech savy vapors out there. I am using the DIY Juice calc from here. http://diyjuicecalculator.com/
So far I really like it. It keeps track of my inventory and even cost per bottle. It is taking me a while to get all my flavors in and prices and all the little details. Then I had a thought. I installed this on my company work laptop. (sometimes I work remote from home and I always have my laptop.) this is a company machine (and it is ok that I have personal stuff on it :slight_smile: ) . I would love to put this program on my personal computer but its old and out dated and my work computer is a lot nicer. With that being said my question is who uses this calc? and is there a way to transfer all my inventory data and preferences to a new machine without having to start over from scratch building the recipes and updating my inventory? I plan to get a personal computer at some point and I would like to be able to back this data up just in case… can anyone help me out with this?

1 Like

You can use the portable version and run it off a thumbdrive.

5 Likes

I use it. I believe you should be able to just take your juicecalculator.xml file to any computer with it installed and your inventory and recipes will all be in that one file.

3 Likes

My McAfee Web Advisor alerted when I downloaded files from that web site. Proceed with caution

3 Likes

I appreciate the heads up, I am no computer guru but in my experience anything that is from an “unknown” source gets flagged by them. I work at a software development company (even though I’m no computer wiz lol) and all seems well with the software :slight_smile: nothing wrong with erring on the side of caution though

1 Like

I’ve been using this cala for a good long time, it’s excellent, the only issue I have with it (not really a real issue), is now that I’m starting to get SC (Real Flavors) there isn’t a setting to use to preset it’s weight, so I just keep it at pg. As @mstokens and @Fozzy71 both stated, all you need to do is copy the inventory xml file and open it to have all your recipes/ingredients in it… you could also save to the cloud and that way it wouldn’t matter which location your playing with your things at, it’ll be up to date. Always make a backup copy of your inventory file (I have a inven.xml and a inven1.xml) and every so often save under the other file name to keep them both updated… doesn’t hurt.

2 Likes

You can set mg/ml of any ingredient… Unless I’m misunderstanding what you are talking about with real flavors… Are you talking about the flavor line real flavors?

1 Like

I’m talking about in the middle of the ingredient window its self, you have the options to state if the ingredient is pg or vg and if you wish make it a combo of pg/vg… since the SC is alcohol based (I believe) there isn’t a radio button to select for that option. It’s only used to help in the calculation of the end juice’s pg/vg ratio, and since they are strong it (imho) doesn’t throw the percentages off by too much … and while I’m not THAT OCD… lol… I do wish that option was there. I haven’t asked HotRod about it, but I think I recall someone asking about it a couple months back.

2 Likes

Yes yes I see what your saying now lol yes I’m not that OCD either I don’t think it will make that big of a difference

2 Likes

As a sidenote… I’m glad I replied to this thread, the flavor I pulled up I had listed as pg but it was one of the 2 new flavors I had just ordered from @Walt_RealFlavors and are vg based… (I had also just order some more of the SC flavors) and had placed the pricing and the pg/vg percentages for the vg flavors the same as the pg one’s… glad I caught that.

2 Likes

Glad I could help lol

2 Likes

Just set it to Ingredient type = Flavor and set the pg/vg percents to 0, and grams per ml to 1:

3 Likes

I hate people like you! lol
I just kept using the up and down arrows (which of course moves the percentages so they would equal 100%) never even dawned on me to just zero them out… thx lol… if my head wasn’t screwed on…

3 Likes

False Positive… No need to worry

1 Like

What calculations does the sheet offer?

1 Like

Uninstall, do you spend your time searching dodgy shit?

Bloatware… Stupid shit not needed.,.

2 Likes

what don’t you understand? there is a spreadsheet, what calculations does the spreadsheet do? and why you cussing? trying to get me in a bad mood?

1 Like

I was wondering if you have tried the spreadsheet on that site and what calculations it performs?

1 Like

It is a juice calculator program, not a spreadsheet.

1 Like

There is also a spreadsheet available on the site. I was just curious what it did.

1 Like