DIY moving into the mainstream news spotlight ?!

Isn’t THAT the whole f’ing thing that started this whole mess off ??? !!! I don’t mean DIY’ers, but filthy black market crap, that DID have Vitamin E Acetate in it, sickened, killed people, and now we are where we are. Siegel worries “Some People” may use this opportunity to “Make their own CONCOCTIONS” to “Sell Cheaply on the Black Market”.

5 Likes

Agreed, NEFARIOUS is right. See, to me, the “feel” of that statement, didn’t “feel” like he was referring to black marketeers (who always live in the Black Market), but “people”, which I took to mean DIY’ers. BUT, maybe that’s just me.

2 Likes

Kill’m all @anon70102222 and let God sort’m out (hypothetically speaking of course)…

3 Likes

This is a real situation. The majority of gooberment or at least vocal gooberment have shown they will fabricate fact to fit their agenda. The medical field overall is reacting to our litigious society and echoing “just don’t”. Forums like this one do a lot of good but I’ve seen a lot of crap too. I’ve seen entire threads conclude incorrect outcomes as the majority makes decision regardless of level of understanding. Information overload makes most searches futile. Human intent can not be controlled. If someone wants to generate income with unsafe products, they will. Curious minds will substitute Flavor Art with grocery store and may suffer rather catastrophic consequences. And then of course media. Sell more cokes at any cost!!!

Take a million dollars, baby, put it in my hand;
Put my favourite retouched photo on the soda can
Put my face on television, say my name a lot; (lot lot lot)
Show your cola in every household, give it all you got;
Better strike while the iron’s hot

Soda Pop, Soda Pop, everybody want to make it to the top

7 Likes

Not just you. That’s why I pointed out the doll house gas tank too. There’s always an agenda.

5 Likes

There is no better praise than a struggling put down.

About black market, this is a real risk. Semi registered companies are already a risk.

The quoted guy has it right, if we remove companies that are accountable, we will end up with black market shit. Some of it might be good shit from serious people, like people around here. Some will just use whatever because they can. Just like the vitamin E crap for THC cartridges.

6 Likes

My exact thoughts also. This sort of thought process from Glantz, and others like him just makes me want to shake my head in amazement. It’s almost amusing the level of deficiency he has on the subject. At the same time it’s pathetic.

8 Likes

not to be the Debbie Downer but yeah I’ve had people asking me if they can mix this 100mg nicotine in a 15 ml bottle with flavors and vape it… a reason I decided to come out of hiding and do shows again for beginners . I mod the beginner group on beginner diy fb and education is a must

8 Likes

Toxic chemicals? Contaminated chemicals? The dark minded people created this very thing with cunning and terrifying results.
We all know traditional vaping and traditional DIY is very safe and very useful. Nicotine is the biggest danger if not used properly. I’d like to email this “dr.” And dish out some facts…
Will that work? No! He is big tobacco’s bitch. Have fun with your dirty money you butthead!

9 Likes

I’d hazard a guess that DIY chicken salad lands more people in the ER due to unsafe mixing practices. Of course we have to be careful of certain issues, it’s just like every other area of life!

12 Likes

Quite true no doubt!!! Thankfully there is no chicken salad black market (at least that I know about).

7 Likes

I’ve been DIY 'ing for about 5 years now and have never had any issues whatsoever. I did once spill 72 mg nicotine on my hands. I just went to the sink and washed it off. No big deal. If you buy your flavours from a reputable dealer you’re safe as houses. This scaremongering is bloody disgraceful.

11 Likes

I’ve been DIY’ing for only 2 month’s, not because I love it or have lots of time on my hands, only because of the BAN on the sale of Legal flavors to Adults in my state. For now I only use premix 3mg base to be safe.

7 Likes

Black Market? That is so vague and uninformative. They’re really trying to make it sound so sinister and nefarious. (What better way to exploit peoples fear so they can extort unfair and outrageous taxes on tobacco products and add vape products to their greedy little tax scam.) Black Market? Why don’t they just say Street Corner?

Local police watch street corners for that kinda thing and local laws prohibiting sales to under age people are in place. Both concerns are already covered. Anything more is just government overreach.

If they were really interested in saving lives, helping the public and avoiding future cases of liptoid pneumonia. They would just come out and say what the sources and the kinds of liquids that everyone who is DIY’ing should avoid. Basically what liquids or brands, or types of products would be a source of concern and should be avoided?

As far as dangerous. The worst I fear is getting some peppermint on my hand and rubbing my eyes. That’s about as bad as it can get for me and most DIY’s who safely store their supplies away from kids and use quality vapeing supplies from reputable sellers. Also people who are new to DIY’ing will probably be more careful in the beginning. It’s once you get some experience and rack up hours of mixing that you need to remeber don’t get to splishy, splishy with liquids, wear eye glasses (even readers for magnifcation would be better than nothing,) don’t go too fast ,and wash your hands a lot.

Also, if a few adult friends decide to group buy flavorings and mixing supplies, and make group e-liquid to vapor so they can avoid cigarettes. That is not black market activity. I don’t believe DIY even falls under their jurisdiction as well.

Another question is once you get to zero nicotine vaping. Can it even be considered a nicotine delivery system, or then does it just become a flavor testing device? Too help avoid cigarettes and to help with over eating disorders and lose those dangerous pounds?

9 Likes

Because they know we won’t stand on the corner by the coffee shop, trench coat ready to open and sell our wares…

They won’t encourage us, fear is a best seller :frowning:

because it goes into the same device as nicotine eliquid, and to make sure our lives have become unmanageable, they will make us zero nic users go crazy trying to figure out why the gov is intending on lumping us all in together. That way they win and we loose. It’s bad, and no amount of arguing will solve this. They want it their way, and I don’t run like Burger King. :slight_smile:

What I fear is that they will continue to push, and then we will have to set boundaries… which is what is in progress right now with the bans. We need to keep fighting… for the flavors we love.

7 Likes

One simple flaw in your assumptions. There is no honesty from Gooberment. Gooberment wants your money and they are losing their tobacco income. Gooberment can not create, manufacture, fix, or inforce anything. They can only redirect money. If they don’t have the money to fund their decrees, they are dead in the water.

11 Likes

Or DIY booze!

3 Likes

I got quite a bit of 200 mg nic on my hand last month. It took about 20 seconds before I was able to get it off. I got a bit light-headed and that was that.

5 Likes

Diy being brought into the mainstream is only going to bring on quicker regulations to halt DIY mixing …We will be known as the Black Market to the uneducated … The sad thing is most of us dont sell our mixes , I wish this article would have highlighted an experienced mixer or even pointed out Diy or Die , at least Wayne could have shown that we arent a bunch of people just grabbing some flavors and nicotine to prepare for the bans and explained the process …

8 Likes

Hey, I like those bloody syringes.

4 Likes