DIY no flavor

Hey guys, I have been searching through multiple forums and I can’t find a solution to this, I mixed my first DIY ejuice the other day, I mixed God’s Milk and Dreamsicle v perfected at the recommended % with a scale. I don’t really taste the flavors, they taste muted, I hear people shake and vaping these but it taste mostly like VG. Only PG I use is from the flavoring, I use 100mg flavor barn vg nic. It’s not vapor tongue because other people say the same thing. I have even tried doubling the recipe and it still taste muted.

1 Like

Hiya BeastMode.

Even what most consider SnV can taste a little muted. Nothing like a 3 day steep or even a few weeks might change it. Can you post the 2 recipes? There may be something in them that is muting the flavor or that requires steeping.

2 Likes

My bet is it needs to steep a few days… Also what is your set up? Are you using a RDA or RTA? Pre made coils or do you make them?

1 Like

Thanks for the quick replies,

God Milk -

TPA Bavarian Cream - 3%
TPA Cheesecake (Graham Crust) - 3%
TPA Dragonfruit - 1%
TPA Strawberry - 4%
TPA Ripe Strawberry - 4%

Dreamsicle -

FW Blood Orange - 2.5%
TPA Marshmallow - 1%
FA Meringue - .25%
TPA Orange Cream - 3%
CAP Sweet Tangerine - .75%
TPA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - 2.75%
TPA Vanilla Swirl - 1%

I have used RTA and RDA and had multiple builds on them trying to see if it would change the flavor, They all taste the same like VG with a hint of the Bavarian cream on the Gods Milk, and a hint of Orange from Dreamsicle. No flavor at all just taste mostly like VG.

1 Like

I’m very interested to see where this thread goes. I’ve been experiencing the very same thing for a while now. Every single mix tastes muted. I mixed some max vg to rule out the pg I was using, it was still muted. I mixed a few yesterday with no nic to see if that might be the issue. Hopefully that could shed some light on it. I use vg and concentrates from the same company as a lot of people here so I don’t think it’s that.

My guess is the creams in both of those recipes will definitely need a couple of weeks at least, if not more, the fruits will def need a few days at least to come through too, lock em away dude 🖒

3 Likes

@Pugs1970 imo has it right the strawberry one has almost as much cream as fruit so its going to take time to come thru , instead of doubling the recipe maybe cut the creams in half that might help the fruits come thru faster

3 Likes

Give your orange recpie atleast two weeks. I know people might say snv but yeah try 2-4 weeks. You may be surprised. I feel orange needs time for the floaral notes to settle in with everything else

5 Likes

+1 on this.

I never did comprehend steep time until I let a mix sit a month without vaping it. It was a different vape all together.

3 Likes

What type of builds are you using and what wattage? I’ve noticed that when I used low ohm builds at high watts it tends to really change and sometimes mute the flavors that I would normally vape in a kanger at 0.5 ohm and under 30 watts.

1 Like

Are these folks who S&V using a higher PG? That could be it. PG carries the flavor much better so with a max VG blend it will take a longer steep time for all of the flavors to bloom.

1 Like

100mg nic? what % are you adding your nic?

Best advice i could give.

2 Likes

Right thats twice youve agreed with me now…

Stop it.

3 Likes

I will do my best not to repeat it,eh?
Crikey, can’t have that shit on here…it’s a family fukn forum.

2 Likes

I’m using 100MG nic at .3% so 15ml bottle i was using around .54 grams or something. Anyways thanks for the help guys i’ll try to let it steep and see if i can taste a difference. I’ll update you guys in about a week or two lol.

2 Likes

Are you using a lot of sweetener? Too much can really mute flavors. But the only thing I see your doing wrong is you have to let it steep. I know I hate it but that’s about the only way to bring out flavors especially if your using max VG. Try adding more pg so it won’t have to steep as long

Seriously though the best shake and vape I’ve had is my recipe Garden of Eden. I’m not just saying this cause it’s my recipe but it’s effing awesome right out the gate and will slap Satan in about a week. If you like fruity flavors check it out

2 Likes

Thanks man, I haven’t used any sweetener because the recipe didn’t call for any, is it standard to add sweetener to any mix?

Check out post #5

2 Likes