DLLT Secret ingredient is out

The illusive "biscuit /lemon flavour in Dinner Lady’s Lemon Tart, that so many of us have spent hours trying to emulate, has finally been revealed. It was only available wholesale until very recently. It’s now available to us too, if you can find it. It’s “Lemon Cream Wafer,” by Chemnovatic. They have a lemon too, not sure about that one, but may well be worth getting anyway. I now expect to see hundreds more DLLT clones in the recipe section. Good luck.

10 Likes

Thanks for the info.
Going to try and grab some.

2 Likes

There has been a bit of talk and experimenting with this on VU in the Daily Mixing Thread. From what I’ve seen, it’s the missing ingredient seems to be the consensus, however, there’s still more to it than just that. It’ll be interesting to see the variations.

5 Likes

It certainly will. There are some good mixers out there so it will be interesting to see who gets the closest. Should be a bit easier now, but as you say there’s a lot more to it than that.

4 Likes

If you are in the US I believe DIY Vapour supply are stocking it.

7 Likes

By far my favorite flavor for vaping is lemon. Yet, I’ve never tried DLLT. Someday…

5 Likes

Thanks. I just grabbed a 30ml along with a few other flavors to try.

4 Likes

Where or how was it revealed @Steve68 ?

5 Likes

I heard it on “Noted,” and “natbone” said that they had heard it on VU too, and all were in agreement. Apparently, as soon as you taste it you can tell. Good luck if you go for it. Anyone who manages to come close with that recipe is going to be very popular.

3 Likes

Yep. It was almost like a religious experience for some to finally recognize that distinct taste.

5 Likes

Just found out that Chemnovatic are linked to Molinberry, who have a “Lemon Tart”. Not sure if there’s a link or not. Anyone tried Molinberry Lemon Tart?

2 Likes

I’m think this came up in the VU thread as well.

You could ask Heartsdelight or Wildgypsy where they are at the moment with it.

3 Likes

I used to love it. I’d probably find it a bit sweet now, after years of DIY, but if my memory serves me well, it is a very delicate lemon with a lovely biscuity afternote which despite numerous efforts no one was able to replicate. Now we know why.

4 Likes

I see that Chemnovatic are linked to Molinberry, who do a lemon tart. I’m beginning to wonder if it’s not a combination of Chemnovatic lemon, lemon cream wafer, and Molinberry lemon tart.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t that be a bit of overkill on the lemon?

3 Likes

Possibly. A lot of lemons fade imo, and I once tried DLLT through a cheap tank in a shop (I’d forgotten the exact taste after years of DIY) and all I could taste was lemon. All of the intricacies and delicacies were missing and it was just in your face lemon. It would depend on the %'s too.

4 Likes

I yried this once and yes all I got was a Lemon Vape no Tart ( biscuit ) taste just a upfront sweet lemon with a touch of pledge

5 Likes

“with a touch of pledge.” Lol.

5 Likes

Exactly! It was Fresh03 that made the discovery of the Chemnovatic Lemon Cream Wafer info that Wildgypsy passed along, Wildgypsy used the Molinberry Lemon Tart but there’s still a mystery missing ingredient.

6 Likes

I’ve had it for a while. It really is a good flavor. I made a request to the guys at Bullcity to get some of Chemnovatic flavors about a couple of weeks ago. I tried to go direct but they only offer wholesale accounts.

The Lemon, and Vanilla Pudding are also pretty good.

4 Likes