DLLT Secret ingredient is out

Yeah, its not all that. I’ve only taste tested it but it’s nothing special IMO. Their Easy Lemon has a coolant added. Their Lemonade is okay though.

3 Likes

One last thing. Cloning is HARD. I’ve been trying to replicate my favorite juice off and on for a couple of years. I thought I found the missing link or secret ingredient and I’m still not happy with where I’m at. It’s really difficult. I mean anyone can do a “remix” or “good enough”. It’s another thing chasing truly spot on.

5 Likes

Cloning is tough.
I’ve been trying to clone "Loaded Cran Apple " for a couple of months.
I’ve got close ( using a couple of recipes here) but still haven’t nailed it.
My cousin makes wedding cakes for a living and she tried the original and what i mixed.
She said there may be more than one apple flavor in it and it does have sweetener which Loaded says there is no sweetener in their mix according to the comments.
So i used two different apples and Sugar Daddy in my next mix and i got it very close to the original.
It seems to need a little more apple but everything else is spot on.
Going to throw a little Double Apple in it tomorrow and see what happens

6 Likes

OMG, I have 2 old classics I’m still trying to clone. I gave up on the first. I know they were created around 2011-12 so I was encouraged to stick with the brands that were available and popular at the time. I thought maybe the company had their own proprietary flavors but they are mass produced till this day and sold globally. Wouldn’t it take a massive operation to produce your own concentrates and then mass produce your line? Idk, just speculating. At this point I would be happy with close enough.

4 Likes

I’ve seen people on this site arguing about this. My view, like yours is that it’s almost impossible to do a 1/1. Think about the number of flavours on the market, multiply that by the possible %'s, and you end up with a number that is larger than all of the stars in the universe. Not an easy task.

6 Likes

I think those companies make dozens of versions during the testing phase and pick the one that tastes best. They get it so dialed in and balanced. Like you said, normal people at home guessing about all the properties is challenging and some times expensive lol.

5 Likes

I love that, well put. And it also makes me feel better about my struggles. Wouldn’t you just love to see ONE recipe of something you love and have been trying to clone for years? Sometimes I wonder if it would be more simple than I think and I would just fall off my chair! Haha. Heather’s Heavenly Vapes released an Excel sheet of many of their recipes. Yes, it’s legal (so I’m told). I’m sure I would have heard otherwise if it was stolen. I have a copy of it if you or anyone is interested.

5 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Im 95% close to charly chalk dust Mr meringue

5 Likes

I’d love to see that.

3 Likes

post a link to it up, Muth… would love to see those recipes myself. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@natbone @anon84779643 I’m happy to share the sheets with anyone but if I link you to my Google sheets I expose my entire account. (Not that I don’t trust you band o’ pirates :rofl:). I can share it through email addresses. I can simply copy it or make a screenshot or pdf but you won’t be able to interact with it. It’s interactive. Tell me what you want to do.

3 Likes

I’d send you my email. I know you won’t spam me :stuck_out_tongue:

pdf would be good. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This has got to be very old. The recipes on this sheet are mostly TPA and ECX. I never tasted Heavenly Vapes so I don’t know much about them. All I know is this was circulating awhile back and somehow I got it. I don’t even remember from whom.

2 Likes

I used to mix with Lo, TFA, and yes ECX.
In fact… I was dragged into creating the fb group for them, as well as running contests…
but anything else… I can say that I left because I was not doing someone else’s job and not being paid for it. It was at that time I was trying then to get my shots out… 6-7 yrs ago. That is neither here or there… :wink:

I removed almost all of my older recipes on line… but not all. If you know where to look you can still find some.

3 Likes

Well I hope you laid your little head down on a pillow tonight for a good night’s rest. And time to start doing for yourself. There’s a lot of people out there who are users. They want to make the bucks and the name for themselves by using the talents of others. Some people are just plain good at marketing themselves and go far even without much talent. I’ve seen it a million times in different venues. You’ve got the talent and the energy…your time.

3 Likes

@natbone if you still want the HV sheets let me know. I’m not going to post them publicly but can share directly from google sheets with an email address. Or send directly to only you without sharing. It’s been shared with 5 others so far.

5 Likes

I, together with many others, would love it. Always nice to see what commercial companies do. I’ve tried about twenty different versions of DLLT, more if you include my own, and I’m yet to taste one that even comes close. I’m hoping someone will get closer, now that possibly the most illusive part, is out of the bag.

2 Likes

@Steve86 have you tried mine? :slight_smile:

3 Likes