DNA 75C constantly going into Temp. Protect, anyone else?

giphy%20(2)

:disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

I shouldnā€™t be awake - and obviously when this thread was all active I wasnā€™t. But @SessionDrummer since you tagged me in your original post I thought Iā€™d better respond.

Iā€™ve not kept up with Evolvā€™s technology. Last DNA mod I bought was a 250. So I wonā€™t even begin to speculate what caused the problem, although I will guessā€¦

I have a sneaking suspicion that unchecking the ā€œlockedā€ and uploading may be what fixed it. You can certainly test that by rechecking/uploading (or does it allow that to be set from the mod itself?).

Also, looks like I dodged the BS. Lucky me.

8 Likes

Ok I havenā€™t read the entire thread thoroughly but after a quick scan I didnā€™t see any mention of Escribeā€™s Device Monitor being used.

You might want to log into it and run a diagnostic. It may pick up something that was missed.

3 Likes

Did you by chance update to latest firmware? @AlanS warned me not to update my dna250c due to a known firmware bug that they are working to fix. Sorta makes your mod a brick

4 Likes

Yep I think you need to read more.

4 Likes

Gotcha :blush:

OK so problem solved. Why were the ohms on lockdown? That option should only be used if your atty is unstable and causing ohms to fluctuate. No matterā€¦glad there was a happy ending!:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks @TorturedZen, I did do that, and a few other things, before posting, and nothing showed up, WHICH, increased my anxiety over the whole WTF situation, but thank you.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a negative @adary, and thank you as well. Over the many years Iā€™ve been doing this, PC gaming, webdesign, etc., Iā€™ve been burn, burn, BURNED by being an ā€œearly adopterā€ so Iā€™m on the stringent ā€œwait and see what happens firstā€ list. No firmware updates here.

3 Likes

Itā€™s been a while since the last update. Iā€™d say youā€™re pretty safe. Havenā€™t heard of anyone complaining yet.

2 Likes

Thank you again @TorturedZen. Honestly, I have no clue. I know in my TEYCTO (Try Everything You Can Think Of) process, I did toggle many things on, off, enabled, disabled, adjusted up/down, you name it, I did it, and nothing seemed to work. I DID indeed do a full factory reset, still with no luck. @grubby was the one that nailed it (I think), because after his suggestion of unlocking, and unboosting (I also did a 2nd factory reset) all returned to normal.

5 Likes

I may try to slowly add/turn on what I turned off previously to SEE, if I can isolate what was causing this, so as to maybe help anyone else with the same issue. I know I saw Grubby hinting at maybe a trolling, but not here, it was the real deal problem. @ 100 replies, I appreciate you guys pitching in, ELR Family First.

5 Likes