dna200 wismec jaybo

My Kinda Blondes…lol

Don’t worry about missing the Thanksgiving day deals, there will be plenty of Christmas deals I’m sure.:grinning:

Ok now do you guys use steam engine? Starting last night and today I make out the coil and I’m trying to download the csv for it and every time I click Dna 200 the box will just go blank? It’s not even anything crazy twisted .50 ti. But if I click on the drop down box like single wire then the download csv will pop up what could be the problem?

And how do you change so the degrees don’t go in 10 increments?

I don’t have a clue why that could be. You can grab these from me if you like. Titanium. Stainless Steel.

FYI you don’t need to create different CSV for twisted, claptoned, etc as long as you’re using all Ti or all SS.

In the Escribe software, from the Theme tab, scroll to the bottom in Look and Feel you will see how to set increments for a quick press or hold of the plus/minus buttons. This is for watts. As for Temperature it changes in 10 Degree F for me, not sure about Celsius. I don’t know how to change that but you can set it to anything you like in the software. Remember to always click Upload Settings to Device to apply changes to the mod that you made in the software.

Ok thank you finding that out saves me a lot of headace for sure

I feel as if I’m hexed on Dna devices after less than a day of use its doing this wtf the negative button started sticking all the sudden and it kinda got a mind of its own now

Wtf. Wow i don’t get that one

If this were happening to me I would do the following -

1. Pull the batteries and reinstall, see if that fixes it.
  2. Connect to Escribe, then Themes, Defualt Theme, Upload Settings to Device. If that doesn’t work, then
  3. Device Monitor, Diagnostics, Advanced, Perform USB Recovery Charge

That last one has helped people who have had devices that appeared to stop responding. Of course there’s the possibility the problem has to do with that sticking minus button, and if so I wouldn’t know what to do aside from disassembling it. Since it’s still under mfg warranty I would likely return it. But only after I smacked it against my hand a few times to see if I could “unstick” that damn button. I hate it for you though…sucks.

That’s for when battery is too low, I think… :smile:

Wouldn’t Restore Defaults be a better option?

1 Like

Thats why its really hard for me to spend big money on mods. I can’t afford to replace them if they go bad. But hell you just got that yesterday didn’t you ?

I’ve read on the Evolv forum where people reported this helped to recover an unresponsive unit. Couldn’t hurt to try.

I don’t know. If only the display is messed up somehow then restoring the theme may fix the problem. I’m not sure what restoring default would do - default what? If it wiped out the setting for the batteries and profiles, then to me that would make it a last resort type thing. But I would still try it before sending it back, that’s for sure. Then again I’m just spit balling and sharing things I would try. Certainly not claiming any of it would help. :wink:

1 Like

That would restore factory presets…

1 Like

Factory presets for what? Some mods had updated firmware after leaving the factory (a possible culprit right there) so I’m wondering if it wipes it clean including any model-specific data and/or if it wipes out battery profile, wire profiles, all of it. That’s why I said I would do it as a last resort. It’s not like setting the mod back the way you like it is that much a pain, but if it’s not needed why bother? Then again there’s also the issue of that sticking button, so it may well be a related issue.

Now that is hard to say. Is it a soft reset, is it a hard reset. Or in other words will it wipe to the original firmware or in the case of a update back to it’s (update’s) original settings. I don’t own one yet so I guess it’s up to you guys to study further. I’m wanting one but the price will have to drop before that day comes…

Exactly sir. I’m not having problems with mine, hence all the speculation. I won’t study up on resolving issues till I have them :slight_smile: and so far nothing but smooth sailing.

2 Likes

I haven’t had any problems with mine either. It works just like it’s suppose to.

Of course it’s only a day old and not working. Square one ain’t that far back to go to have a working mod.

I know it’s got to be frustrating as hell to have 2 dna mods go dead then a 3rd in less then a day. I know i would be upset.