Dna75 26650 unable to get close to 75w

Escribe doesn’t do ANYTHING automatically. It’s one of the reasons that I really liked it(Lost my DNA-based mods and computer with Escribe in the fire) It’s pretty powerful in terms of getting user-defined parameters into the chipset, but it’s not going to do the work for you. When firmware goes wonky, I kinda like not having auto-update because then you can bounce back to previously known stable versions without the damn thing reloading the buggy software on it’s own.(Not that this happened specifically with any of my DNA’s, but I have had it happen more than a couple of times with other electronic devices. Looking at you, Samsung…)

4 Likes

Oh ok, I figured when it auto backed up the config it may tell you if there’s a firmware but it’s no big deal. I just don’t know how to sue it “properly”. I’d like to learn how to tweak my power curve for more than just launch” for xx time. I gather you can control the entire curve which would be great for some of my mtl builds that use Clapton and whatnot.

Oh and I’m sorry to hear you had a fire, really sucks.

2 Likes

Not just me, damn near my whole town. We are right smack in the middle of the Camp Fire footprint. We were able to get out safely with our cats and a bunch of photos and have since rebuilt on our property.

Fires do suck, but we’re resilient thanks to some awesome people that helped along the way!

3 Likes

Did you happen to come across the dye you used for the boxer mod? I’d love to do my classic and start using it again! I hate the rubber cover.

1 Like

iirc, and i may not, its just cloths dye. i seen a dirty white one dyed, and it looked good. but it started off white’ish

2 Likes

Well mine are black, so getting them back to black shouldn’t be too bad.

I wonder if it’s just a box/bottle of Rit in a hot pot. - honestly with the mech it can’t really hurt it so long as the water isn’t particularly hot. May as well
Try.

2 Likes

yes

idk, i wasn’t interested, so i didn’t pay much attention. and it was weeks ago, so i don’t think i could find the info.

1 Like

Haven’t been home much but should be back tomorrow so will take a look and let you know.

1 Like

I appreciate it. It does seem like there’s a RIT specifically for synthetics, I believe they even cite 3D nylon stuff.

2 Likes

Pretty sure that is what it is, a RIT synthetic dye

1 Like

Oh good you saw through my consistently Uncorrected iOS autocorrect typo!!

Seems reasonable. I will grab a box / bottle and dip the mech / paint the regulated. I’m thinking a makeup sponge actually for the regulated may work.

1 Like

Here it is, got the graphite as when I showed for it didn’t find a black but also got another that was black but didn’t keep the container so can’t remember what it was.

According to Boxer the proper was to do it is to heat up the solution too but can’t recall the entire guide. Email them and they will tell you what to do.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for the confirmation. Usually it’s just heat up and submerge (the longer the darker) but as you said painting it on probably works, maybe done in stages would be best. I can take the dna 133/166 apart if I need to (though I’d rather not) that’s the worst one- the mech is simple.

The dna75 has a really stupid outer rubber shell which I thought would be ok but is a terrible design. It won’t require any attention.

Fwiw, I gather rebel mods don’t have the same issue with fading as they use a different process, if I get any more 3D mods it will be rebel- though they’re VERY expensive. Surely 3D printed designs are available to print ones self (or pay an online service peanuts by comparison) then assemble at home.

Thanks again!

1 Like

AND

https://www.yeggi.com/q/squonk+21700/

4 Likes

Wow. Thanks!

2 Likes

Yeah, now I want a 3D printer😔

3 Likes

I found plans for using a 3D printer to print a 3D printer :grin:

1 Like

I suppose it was only a matter of time… :roll_eyes: /smhl

1 Like

It’s rise of the clones.

I’m sure the first people imagining their 3D printer creations were already thinking about it.

I hear a library near me has a 3D printer you can reserve time on for only the cost of the material consumed. You have to attend a course and pass it to be able to use it.

2 Likes

Now that’s cool!!

1 Like