Dna75 26650 unable to get close to 75w

You can use shapeways for one off orders.

1 Like

Yes it is but it’s not the county I live in so I might not be eligible.

I think you can also order one offs from thingiverse too. Not sure what it costs. May or may not be worth it.

1 Like

Many libraries here in Canada do/did that as well. IIRC it was 50 cents per 15 minutes, max print time of 4 hours. With their filament, and … they did the care and feeding of the print. Would send me an email when done. Moved on to a course and I did it myself. It taught basic operations and how to feed.

My first prints were tiny funnels to fit into 10ml bottles. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

It surely has to be a hell of a lot less than rebel or ginger vaper / boxer charge. Plus the people designing them must be using relatively stock parts of modmaker or similar. I would imagine the shell of the mod would be <£15 but maybe I’m optimistic.

2 Likes

Shapeways in the US has different filament types and the shell alone can easily be in the $75 range. Then you got buttons, etc. My library only used PETG which is biodegradable. My funnels are fine, but you get what you pay for.

3 Likes

Fair. I guess I was thinking of the basic plastic. At $75 you may as well stump up for a small printer and start doing it yourself (at least that my thought as I would want it make many things). I’d rather save at that price towards my own small setup! Thanks for the clarification.

2 Likes