Do i have to use same company of flavour?

hi sry for my bad english … im new to diy and its hard to get flavour art and other brands in my contry but i have access to guvadian and symrise and other companies

but the problem im having is for example i see a diy recipe which says
1% vanilla custart (flavour art)
2% ry4 (inw)

i can get vanilla custared from guvadian and ry4 from symrise for example

will that work?? or it has to be from flavour art and inw
and if its okay how much difference will it make
like if the recipe was listed as 5 star and i changed it as i explained will it still be a 5 star recipe ?

sry for bad english again i hope you understand me

4 Likes

The flavors dont have to be the same and rarely are the same…I do recommend that you make sure the flavors that you use are SAFE for vaping … I have not heard of guvadian or symrise so i would not use them …maybe someone else has and will chime in

BTW welcome to the forum …

6 Likes

As long as you do solo testing, it really does not matter the manufacture (keep it safe, like @fidalgo_vapes said) start low and find where the flavor starts to taste, and then where you like it. don’t go all crazy with high amounts. :slight_smile: You should be fine.

5 Likes

i have made sure that they are food grade aceton dayctel etc. free
and guvadian and symrise are ranked number 1 and 2 in best flavour companies world wide
and thanks alot for welcoming :heart:

4 Likes

can you please refer a link or video that explains solo testing
and you recommend not sticking with original recipe retios ?? i should decrease them is that what you mean ?

3 Likes

takaqaka…

these vids are for use with Flavorah flavors, but they will work for any manufacture…
Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dBurOts9G4

Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouvvMQQRpUs

Part 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4qJKIc3qQI

I am telling you to start low… not decrease.
If your manufacture says start at 1%, then start yours at .5% to see if you notice any change from plain base to the “start” of tasting the flavor…
if the manufacture says the high amount of a flavor is 7%… stay well below that and increase till you find it is too much.

then you will know your boundaries…

each flavor, before you decide to make a recipe.
take notes on what you find.
then put your recipe together.

after you do that, and get more flavors, test those too…
then in 3 mo, retest again.

Your mouth will change in taste and this is why it is a good idea to test your flavors so you know where YOU like them. not me.

It is not as hard as what you are thinking right now and will become second nature, if you put your work in.

9 Likes

lol, who comes up with these rankings? Kinda hard to say about something so subjective. It’s like one painter is better than another… it all depends on the person you’re talking to.

5 Likes

I have heard of both companies, but I have not worked with either.
and yeps I do agree… it is all in the “mouth of the user” :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

thanks alot it couls have taken me months if you didnt recommend how to do it, i really appreciate the help

4 Likes

the ranking is based on sales net value branches verity quality and to much other stuff
you just google them and you will get to know

2 Likes

@takawaka I’d like to welcome you this is a friendly place everyone here will help where they can

4 Likes

just one problem i have in mind is how to single test flavours that need steeping
for example vanilla custared i need to deluight in 10 ml vg and wait for 2 weeks then test ?

2 Likes

I get what you say, but you’ll soon learn how subjective taste is. If you go by that reasoning, TPA would probably be labeled as the very finest when it comes to vaping. I can assure you, they’re not.
Anyways, like I said, taste is subjective so it’s not worth a discussion… just try and make up your own mind.

You can shake and vape those flavors to get an idea of the strength of them. Start low, test, add a bit, test, etc. Then when you have your working range, have about 3 bottles steep. 1 with the lower range, 1 with medium and 1 with upper range… test them every week and take notes on how they develop… then you can still make little adjustments if needed. After that process, you’ll have a pretty good understanding of how the flavor works to add as a hint, a proper ingredient or the main note / single flavor.

5 Likes

You are welcome takawaka… :slight_smile:

I will say this now, after looking over both sites…
I personally have not purchased anything.

for you: make sure there are none of these in your flavors:
no gums
no sugars
nothing you can not pronounce and if you do not know what something is in a flavor, do not use it.
*Note: I did not say you can not google it, but if it sounds like it should not be inside your lungs, then trust your instinct and do not vape it.

I do not care on sales etc… what I care about is quality over quantity. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to ELR @takawaka. Is it these two ?

https://www.givaudan.com/flavours

2 Likes

its not written but i clearly told their manager i need them in food grade
they have sugalose pg and flavour consentration

2 Likes

thanks alot yes these are the two companies im talking about

2 Likes

honestly ive tried the vanilla cream now in vg
and its harsh on the throat kindoff 6mg nic harshness although its only vg and a few drops of the flavour and it made my lung feel kindoff dry if you know the feeling

i dont know if i should continue with them it would be great if someone could tell me what is the flavour i need so i can email the company manager

2 Likes

You need the “MDS” sheets and you do not want sugalose or any other “loses” in your flavors either.
Some food grade flavors are still NOT safe to vape.

I would suggest to try and stick with standard flavors… tfa cap fw fa

4 Likes

Forgive me if I’m not I understanding, and the fact that I have not yet clicked on the link for smyrise or whatever Its called but just remember, food grade doesn’t necessarily mean lung grade.
Not everything that is safe to put in or on your body is safe to vaporize into your lungs.
But all that aside, if they claim to be for vaping, well I’d say you’re part way there, and some research and common sense could follow.
Just for fun I’ll go take a peak at their site.
I probably should not have written that with silly garbage as it appears English (and all that goes with it) is not your primary language.
Let me go look at the site and maybe come back and type in internationally pseudo universal syntax.

6 Likes