Donate to ELR?

Same here mate and it also makes the screen jump about which is especially annoying when you click on a link and you end up clicking the damn adverts instead.

2 Likes

If people use ad-blockers and don’t donate, the site is going to have a bad time eventually :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Fortunately some people don’t block ads and some even donate, keeping the site free for everyone else :slight_smile: :tada:

3 Likes

Hi @daath, thank you for stopping by to help me with this. I didn’t see anything to stop the adverts manually, where can it find this please?

2 Likes

What?! You get popups?! Firstly you have donated, you shouldn’t get ads at all :frowning:

But popups that is even worse - I have to contact the ad network to get them to find and eliminate it :frowning:

3 Likes

The ads should be gone for you now, as long as you are logged in - I just deactivated them for you.

3 Likes

Oh I’ll definitely set up a regular donation at the end of the month. Don’t want you starving Lars. :lobster: :wine_glass:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your help @daath, I love ELR and would be lost without it so you can imagine my concern with not being able to use it properly. I was getting pop up’s too by the way.

3 Likes

Thanks, man - no worries at all. For now enough people still see ads that I can pay the various server/service bills :slight_smile: But I do appreciate it :smiley:

3 Likes

I will contact my new ad network immediately! Thanks for reporting it.

3 Likes

Well the calculator and database are worth a donation alone. I’d be drowning in notes and attempting to do maths without it.

5 Likes

All of the adverts are gone now and I have stability again, fantastic service fair play. Thank you again.

3 Likes

I don’t get it - you see ads on the recipe and recipe edit screen? Do you see them anywhere else? You should definitely not be seeing any ads!

1 Like

Thank you Lars.

3 Likes

Very agreed…

2 Likes

@Lucas_James_Holden if you can send screenshots, it would probably help Lars out.

2 Likes

VERY agreed…

2 Likes

It’s a black oval with flavor vendors name that seems to pop up only on edit screen and seems to always jump right on top of the button I need to push,
I’m on my phone atm and will take a screenshot tonight when I get home…

4 Likes

@Rocky02852 can you post a screen grab ? I’ll try to login with an iPad later. Where/when did you say it was happening, during recipe editing ??

1 Like

I’ll try and check this @daath, @Rocky02852 via iPad. Rocky, do you know which browser, stock ??

4 Likes

Thanks for your help SD :smiley: It sounds like something I can fix, but I’m not exactly sure what the problem is …

4 Likes