Don't Order From Fasttech For a While

4 Likes

Placed an order 10 minutes ago and then saw this! Bad timing, hope the good reach me.

Kind of depends on who you select when it comes to shipping options I would think…

First thing that crossed my mind after reading that was “Does DHL have any interaction with Hanjin?”

If not, then aside from the usual caveats associated with FastTech, I’d probably feel comfortable ordering.

Now, on the retail front, I can easily see how this stands to throw a potentially dangerous wrench in the works (eg: for those who buy gear from local shops etc). =X

1 Like

eesh :confounded:
I haven’t bought from Fasttech for a while, just got sick of waiting for stuff, This could be really bad for retail though

1 Like

Darn got alot of stuff coming from china

1 Like

I ordered from them on August 8, It made it to customs in Chicago but hasn’t moved in 5 days. Supposedly this bankruptcy started on September 4th (I think) So my order had time to at least hit the West Coast. My husband works for UPS and he said there’s a whole bunch of emergency re-route’s going on as a result of this mess.

4 Likes

Awwww man, just when all my China orders were coming in after a week…

3 Likes

Dont tell me the FDA have taken to sinking ships!!

7 Likes

Just keep an eye on your shipping confirmation from them. I will tell you though… I sent them 3 e-mails over the last ten days trying to find that package and they wouldn’t tell me a thing so don’t expect fasttech to tell you anything.

Most people don’t know about this unless they read financial news because the mainstream media didn’t report on it and I don’t think the Asian markets or financial people want any kind of panic over it.

Hanjin was shipping like 9% of the retail stuff coming across the Pacific and this is a huge deal. My husband’s busiest time of year is right now through January 15. The biggest impacts will be to people like Walmart and Amazon and of course - us the consumer.

3 Likes

No issues here, I placed an order on the 6th and according to the tracking it left my local sort facility this afternoon. The estimated delivery date is Saturday, but I suspect it’ll be in my mailbox tomorrow. I typically chose the first class e-packet shipping option, which I guess goes via air so the shipping bankruptcy shouldn’t have any bearing on shipping times.

2 Likes

Ha! But if you really think about it… how do governments get an edge? Who does this hurt? The manufacturers who are stuck paying for the loss of goods where they don’t get payment, right? In this case a Korean shipping company went bankrupt but they were hauling what amounts to 10% of the Asian manufactured goods coming in here. Governments settle debt with trade and 10% of that has been impacted at least short term… it’s kind of a mess for the Asian manufacturers. The only thing we do to settle trade imbalances is give them bonds and cash because we don’t manufacture anything for them.

1 Like

Why? Did you read something on Fox news or The Daily Mail about it?

1 Like

I have an order from Fasttech that was shipped out on the 8th and the shipping info says it left China on the 11th but it hasn’t updated since then…I am worried now…I hope my new mod wasn’t on that ship :anguished:

I’m sorry… No, dont get those this side of the world. I was being silly- it was the workings of a sleep-deprived head… I saw the picture of the sinking ship,… read the headline ‘That sinking feeling’… then your ‘potentially dangerous wrench’ comment & its potential implications on retail, & then, quick as a flash, considered the FDA, the depths they would stoop & how hypothetically ‘convenient’ the situation was for them. Fiction.

1 Like

Sorry, didn’t mean to derail you. Lol

It was me referring to another thread that you obviously haven’t stumbled across yet! (consider yourself fortunate!)

1 Like

I will continue to order from China, as long as i’m not in a hurry. For things I need soon I’ll order from USA vendors.

1 Like

What else can you do! I guess we’re in a similar boat ('scuse the pun) coz we dont manufacture anything either. 80% of everything we import from Asia is nothing but shoddily made garbage that falls apart the first time its used. it seems to me that Hanjin (& others) over estimated the worlds appetite for crap. Maybe this sends a message that its time for some rationalization.

1 Like

No apology necessary Bro (…I generally do a pretty good job of derailing myself! LOL.)
I’ll go hunt out that thread!

Eh. Don’t bother. Just a troll as it turned out. =/

Hmm…Cant find it anyhow