Don't smoke on our property

Yea, we have freedoms, at least a few… I was just told to stop smoking in my truck, I of course said " I wasn’t smoking". Response, we have cameras and they just radioed me and said you were…I said this isn’t smoking, there is no combustion taking place, therefore not smoking… Response, I don’t care…you can’t do that…

3 Likes

:tired_face::poop::bomb::coffin::innocent:

3 Likes

Yup it’s a hard think in Oregon. Everything now stays no smoking or vaping 10feet from doors ect ect.

Can’t even stealth vape in the office.

1 Like

Yet in Oregon you can buy legally -marijuana & in Oregon one of the few states left still make all their gas stations full service so the employee has to breathe in all those fumes all day long yet I can not vape walking down the street yep that’s the state I live in. Luckily I live out on the coast & it’s pretty laid back out here.

6 Likes

Wait a minute. I thought you were going to live closer into the city. Where all the hipsters are at.

2 Likes

I’m a beach bum was living in Tualatin last Dec. I was there on a temporary nursing contract. Now I am off the nursing travel road and am enjoying living in one spot ! I’m used to calling it the beach being from the East coast but I’m on the Oregon Coast beautiful place I live ! This was a few months ago we’re getting more sunny days now :blush::clap:

( Oswald State Park West )
I’m in Seaside

15 Likes

That looks like heaven!

4 Likes

It’s mighty beautiful thank you I think it’s pretty close !

1 Like

You should go for FNP my wife did and she loves it and the $$$

2 Likes

Is FNP Nurse practitioner ? I am thinking of going back to school here soon. I was eyeing a veterinarian school that’s local here but prob just a dream at the moment I will continue furthering my nursing degree I doubt I’ll be looking to get my master’s any time soon but I have thought about nurse practitioner as well.

I see F is for family.

1 Like

Yes Family Nurse Practitioner she went back to school after 18 years working at the hospital in Labor and delivery. She got her master’s in 3 1/2 years at University of Phoenix and she enjoys being a FNP

2 Likes

Amy I understand we only know each other from ELR, but I count myself a fairly perceptive dude. And I would just want to encourage by saying regardless of what you wanted to do, I truly believe if you set your mind to it you will achieve your goals and be very successful. Whether that’s caring for people or animals, your patients will be blessed to have you.

7 Likes

^^^^^^^^^^ What he said!! :wink:

5 Likes

Amy has passion…passion gets you what you want.

4 Likes

Well thank you tbh There’s a few things that make continuing on with my nursing degree more attractive than starting a new path. For one I know the $ is not good for several years ( for DVM ) and would be taking a pay cut lol but then there’s the you went from humans to animals which its more common than you think ,issue.

I appreciate all of y’all’s love & support !
I just need to get back plugging away at school it’ll come to me. My back is not good so that is a huge factor. I love Bedside nursing but my body is wearing out after 12 years way too early to retire so gotta get more education.

3 Likes

I try to encourage all nurses to go for FNP they just Care more than Doctors do

3 Likes

Where do you live Amy, I used to live just north of Estacada, in Eagle Creek, and before that in John Day.

3 Likes

Seaside on the coast near Astoria.

2 Likes

Darn, I misunderstood this at first and thought that’s a long time giving birth! Still :sleeping:

8 Likes

I was just in your neck of the woods.

3 Likes