Doug Has Questions

@anon84779643 right now, I only fall\trip once in a great while. It will happen once every 2-3 weeks. a lot of the time I can catch myself but every once in a while I do wind up eating dirt lmao.

I’m sorry about your mom. Your reply made me laugh.
Thanks for sharing with me!

6 Likes

@anon28032772, I think we’re all going to have to take a step back and look at the overall picture. Who are we violating? Do we have the right? What’s the most responsible thing to do?

The most important thing is to respect the fact that the other person has the right to their opinions. You may not like them but respect them and see if there is an agreement both can come to. In the US, a marginal victory isn’t a demand from the people (a mandate) to change the direction drastically (as what’s happening in Virginia).

Virginia’s election was to send a message to the President (Donald Trump) that he and his party are damaging the country by the way they’re acting (however, the same thing fits what the other party is doing too).

I had no idea it was as polarized in the UK as it is in the US. This is a dangerous situation both countries sit in. For both to be so polarized begins to look like something more than coincidence. I try to show the other side respect and ask, “how can we get done the most important part (pick 1 only) of your objective is?”.

We can only pick 1 at this point. One thing at a time. Attempting more than that becomes incredibly adversarial.

6 Likes

@anon28032772, I can’t afford to take off work to vote. I know the day it was held. I was also on call fixing a printer. I couldn’t vote for my candidate. A lot of people in the Southern part of Va can’t get away from work either. People who primarily get off work at 5pm have time to vote.

I want voting days to be national holidays. Those who have jobs where they’re on call 24/7, work shifts that go through the voting time or have to travel to work (some travel up to 2 hrs each way). I’ve noticed how the politicians don’t want that. Utopia is a dream and “the old west” Is a nightmare. There has to be a real middle ground where things don’t get pushed into the black market (that’s something that’s got to be figured in).

If they ban vaping all together, that’s where the product goes. I don’t see people quitting due to a ban (prohibition didn’t work). We can however, study the crud out of it (without bias) and see what we get? I’d like to know what dangers are of flavors. I’d like to know what VG is doing to us. We can’t even seem to agree on that. It’s a real tragedy that we divide ourselves like this. Can it be made safer? Can the #'s be validated of the people who quit from it? I type to much. I just want to see common ground somewhere.

Stupid me I guess.

5 Likes

@authormichellehughes, Thank you, honest. It means a lot that the forum cares. We all aren’t gonna stay on this rock forever. That’s about the only thing that’s a guarantee. So I’ve learned to accept it. I had a smoking problem that was killing me. They all told me I had to quit after 2 heart attacks. I was desperate. Then I found vaping. I hope it saved my life? That or gave me some more time?

I guess it’s why I’m trying to defend it? Can’t I have the option? If the 2nd hand vapor really doesn’t hurt someone else then that’s a darn good thing about it! One that tobacco can’t claim. I’m gonna be worth something as long as I can. IF this is really better (not perfect but better) then how can you ban it? (oh, in NY I noticed it’s limited to tobacco flavor or menthol. Isn’t that interesting?)

As long as vaping is saver… It has my full support.

6 Likes

well, people who vape live longer? If it’s taxed… The cash cow keeps producing…

5 Likes

@anon84779643 AWESOME!!! Thank you!!! See… I love this forum!!! I just hope my positive attitude helps give hope. As for the FDA… As more research come’s out, people who vape can go door to door if need be to collect signatures… It’s an idea… We can try and fail. If we don’t try, then it’s instafial. Trying is the key part. At least we tried…

4 Likes

That really sucks. Don’t you guys have laws that protect your right to vote?
Our voting days are always on a Sunday, voting is mandatory and employers have to give people a few hours off to go and vote if they have to work that day. Personally I don’t think it needs to be obligatory but at least everybody should have the opportunity to vote if they wish to. Those rights should be protected in every country that claims to be a free and democratic country.

7 Likes

@anon28032772 HAH HAH HAH!!! I think ours is on a Tuesday, you aren’t required to vote, The polls open at 6am and close at 8pm in Virginia. If you work, You have to find time to do it. I try to keep my sanity by doing small IT subcontracting jobs. This year I was working 1 1/2 hrs (one way) away with a printer torn apart. There was no way I could leave. Before that I had to be at my Drs which is 2 1/2 hrs (one way). Both my Dr and the job were kinda diagonal away from where I would have voted. There wasn’t a way to get back in time because I left at 5am and got home at 10:30ish pm. Just a lot of country driving and I’m not going to rush and kill myself.

5 Likes

Are you serious? You couldn’t go out to vote because someone was too greedy to spend $50 on a workaround and get a backup printer from wallmart on election day?

See, that’s the reason right there why I quit IT. People slave you out, have no respect for the loopholes you have to go through, they don’t value your time and private life anymore and expect you to move the world for their bad planning… nope, nope, nope. I done!!!
They can go find another idiot to clean up your mess :rofl: Life’s so much happier outside IT. You should go work to live, not the other way around.

7 Likes

In my state (and probably all the rest), there is the option for absentee voting in the event you cannot make it to a voting location.

4 Likes

These are Enterprise sized printers. Unfortunately I was the person they used to maintain them.

3 Likes

@anon70102222, There is that option in mine too but it has to be filled out in advance and mailed in. It’s difficult to do the day before… That’s where I was. that’s the situation I was in.

5 Likes

I’ve been in IT so long, I haven’t been the mop and bucket guy in ages. Now, I assign the mops and buckets :sunglasses:. IT is not such a bad career. It’s got a lot of job security, and desired skillsets command decent salaries. But like all things in my life, I had to work long and hard to achieve anything.

4 Likes

Hey @Caped_Conspirathist, check this out. Maybe it will help ally your fears a bit.

The epidemic that has been claiming lives has ZERO connection to our nicotine vaping. Nothing we didn’t already know, but good to see it confirmed.

8 Likes

But what country do you mean?

2 Likes

@anon70102222, man, that’s fantastic!!! I wonder if that causes the ban to be lifted??? They just announced what the vaping community suspected\knew. I’m a noob to vaping. I have to worry a little lol. I’m glad to see the CDC come out about this though. Kicks Bloomburg in the ass I bet to see this?!?!?! Him and his cronies who are backing big tobacco need to look for another way now. A lot of damage has been done though. The vape shops nearest to me are gone now.

The failed ban wasn’t without cost if they lift it right now.

2 Likes

I just fix printers because I wanted out of the politics of IT (and sorta got kicked out when they found out I had Parkinson’s)… THEY DIDN’T FIRE ME!!! I QUIT!!! lmao.

2 Likes

@anon70102222 you had me at …

On Friday, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was forced to admit publicly that zero nicotine-based vapes can be linked to the “vaping-related” lung disorder of this past summer.

5 Likes

Why on earth is there no postal voting where you are? :astonished:

2 Likes

Now I see, I should have read further.
Why not just register for a postal vote regardless?
We live rural & we “could” go to a polling booth but postal is just easier :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes