Dr. Drew weighs in on vaping!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouMNwYXDmQA&mc_cid=3c1ebe0313&mc_eid=9ce0313d94

12 Likes

@worm1ā€¦??

3 Likes

ahh, nothing. I posted that an hour ago.

3 Likes

Oh really? Iā€™m sorry. I did a quick forum search for Dr. Drew and nothing came up.

Edit: ok found it under the Farsalino thread

5 Likes

So short ibwas pumped to hear it keep going ,ā€¦

5 Likes

Yeah it could have been longer but hey, Dr. Drew is cool!

5 Likes

My gf weighs in on my vaping all the time and hates it. Hates it.

8 Likes

Who would of thought a Youtube would come up with the perfect talk on ā€œwhats wrong with vaping, I canā€™t find anythingā€ dilemma. Great video find.

5 Likes

Have you tried seeing if thereā€™s a firmware update for her? :wink: lol

7 Likes

Ask her if sheā€™d prefer you smoking instead.

6 Likes

The guy said we donā€™t know what it does yet, implying there could be long term harm. Yes, the possibility exists, but people have been vaping for 10 years now. Iā€™m no doctor, but if there were any serious problems with vaping, youā€™d think theyā€™d be manifesting by now.

The FDA will approve drugs for millions to consume with only a few years of testing. If the same ā€œcautionā€ were used for drug approval think of how that would play out.

8 Likes

She hates it because of all the ā€œchemicalsā€ which she means flavoring and hates the smell. Iā€™m not gonna stop doing something I enjoy just because a SO doesnā€™t like it.

5 Likes

Why? Takes decades for smoking issues to show up for most.

5 Likes

Sure. However, if someone were to smoke for 10 years there would be indicators of harm being done, such as decreased lung function.

4 Likes

she said its the same thing. just chemicals and its not good for me. I could not change her mind nor reason with her on this vape thing so I told her that everyone has a vice. Iā€™m not stopping the ā€œvape thingā€ and enjoy creating mixes and vaping the hell out of them. I like making my own mixes because I know exactly whatā€™s in them and how much compared to commercial mixes where I have no idea. sheā€™s still mad AF and told me she would start doing things that piss me offā€¦in which I told her sheā€™s already doing thatā€¦getting mad all the time about stuff thatā€™s not gonna changeā€¦and so it goesā€¦

7 Likes

:flushed:Thatā€™s controlling behavior for sure. You know the situation best, but I would start thinking about an ā€˜upgradeā€™, as mentioned earlier.
Man, thatā€™s such a bummer!

4 Likes

I figure not change anything and either she can learn to like it

4 Likes

Smoked for 10+ years a pack a day. Quit 7 years ago and havenā€™t smoked a cigarette since. My vape is attached to my lips whenever possible. Had lung culture done a few months ago. Doc said I had the lungs of a non smoker. So when people tell me vaping is unhealthy, I tell them Iā€™ll trust my doc and actual tests taken than some paid shills YouTube video or uninformed opinion. Props to Drew.

8 Likes

This should be a new trend. As many ex-smokers/current vapers that have the will and means ought to get this test and post the broad details. Attatch a history of smoking years and average amount smoked, as youā€™ve done. How long having switched, etcā€¦

6 Likes

Thank you! Same here, smoked for 18 years, quit about 8 years ago, never touched cigs since. When I smoked, I could feel how funky my lungs wereā€¦ i woke up hacking many many days. Iā€™ve got none of that with vaping. And I do the ā€˜vape attached to my face 90% of timeā€™ thing, too. :wink: Thrilled to hear your lung culture verifies your experience. Iā€™ve had a few lung function tests that were vastly improved from pre-vaping days, but hadnt actually had a culture with the inside view. lol

@R113 What kinda mixes are you vaping that she hates the smell of? Iā€™m way less high maintenance now, but way back when i started vaping years back I actually realized i spent way less on scented candles and air fresheners than before I vaped, because 1)no stinky cig smell to try to overpower, and 2) vape smells great! And weā€™re constantly pfooffing that stuff into the airā€¦ when my guy and i are both vaping in a small room and I walk back in after being outside for a few, smells fantastic. lol Iā€™d tell her youā€™re willing to compromiseā€¦ she can put in a request for stuff she likes the smell of. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes