Drums of War in the Ongoing FDA Flavorings Inquisition?

I found a theme song for that. :stuck_out_tongue: … Your flavorings must be rather compelling to inhale (sans Nicotine) !

2 Likes

Alright ! I’ve been dropping coil power lower and lower (now at a mere 5-6 Watts), for benefit of my lungs (as well as the longevity of my Rayon wicks). Am going to bump-up the Nic from ~14 to 16 mg/ml. (For me, with my DIY NETs), Nicotine is what all of the ritualistic fuss (and a bit of lung congestion, if I overdo it) is about.

Did you know that Nicotine is one of the few substances that - rather than seeming to down-regulate the creation of new (substance-relevant) receptors (in this case the Nicotinic type Acetylcholine receptors in the CNS) - it actually causes an up-regulation (increase) in the number of (substance-relevant) receptors. It is not definitive exactly how this occurs - but it does appear that the pummeling of Nicotinic type Acetylcholine receptors with Nicotine seems to render them ineffective (likely causing a compensatory up-regulation).

It reportedly takes around 2 months for such (compensating receptor up-regulation) effects to subside. Interestingly, while I had no problem quitting 48 years of ~60 mg Nicotine per day from cigarette tobacco (as my lungs were really zonked), it was right around at 2 months of zero Nic that my brain began to crave the idea of Nicotine again, and I started vaping. I would have thought that just the opposite might have occurred (with the receptors no longer up-regulating). Just goes to show the mysterious terrains of neuro-psycho-pharmacology ! Nicotine definitely interacts with various (other) “reward pathways”, as well as complicating and exacerbating (some) health problems - but not even close to what a life of combustion of tobacco did !

3 Likes

Issue is… and it can be proven… after 3 days of not smoking, you pretty much break the cycle of wanting to smoke. (commendable for us all, yes) I have been vaping for 10 yrs, dual for at least 2-3 of those… I have played with the regular nic and the nic salt… and you’d think by staying away from smoking, I wouldn’t have any health issusses… oh but I did pic up one… and probably a few more.

The culprit: Nicotine. (High blood pressure). Can I prove that the nic we use did this? Not really, as other factors can come into play too… I notice when I vaped nic salts, my blood pressure actually goes up, every time I take a puff…so I had to stop the salts… I cut it all off cold turkey almost 2 months ago, and I don’t miss it.

Everyone likes to pick up 3mg nic juices or creates them… there is not much difference between a 3mg and a 0mg… and when nic becomes expensive, or regulated to certain divisions… a lot of folks will have to learn to taper down too…

Sure it is nice for a reward, but at the same time, if you stopped smoking to lead a better healthy life, why keep pushing the nic when it really is not needed? I’d rather have a kit kat bar :stuck_out_tongue:

I still sub ohm and mtl… just without nicotine, and I feel better. Guess it’s a personal choice, just like its a personal choice on how we mix what ever we enjoy vaping :slight_smile:

Yes, I still love Flavorah :angel: :coffee: :laughing:

3 Likes

Naaa really?? Still love FLV?? who would have thought…

5 Likes

I dunno… but I have the whole collection!! :stuck_out_tongue:
I am the keeper bwahaha!!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Surely, you must be joking (meet Delta FosB) ! This protein is very persistent (try a few months, instead).

Also comes with age, lifestyle, diet, sleep patterns, in concert with inherited factors. Smoking a ciggie will reliably raise Systolic BP by around 10 points. This is a very predictable observation. BP “control” is about the long term average (around the clock, when you wake up, throughout the day, etc). If you are serious about artificial stimulants, then it’s time to say goodbye to Caffeine. Betting you would really love that (NOT).

One concern is that at your relatively young age, piling-on with the daily medications that doctors often want to put you on (mostly, diuretics) may well become quite rough on the liver and kidneys (over the long haul). Diet, sleep, and exercise are very important. The white-coats often seem to love to solemnly kill you their (chemical intensive) way (ensuring that the medical-industrial complex takes a cut of the monetary profits).

Some folks enjoy hookah stuffing, bereft of tobacco. Quite interesting. There may exist some sort of primal urge to intake smoke and vapors and “blow clouds”. Dunno. I myself desire to ingest - rather than intake by inhaling - my food. But to each their own pleasures ! Remember that lung functionality degrades with aging.

2 Likes

Very serious…

Yeps… Not… someone will have to just cremate my coffee cup along side me :wink:

LoL… thank you Raven… I needed that :wink:

Exactly… I am now completely drug free, and… I do take my vitamins… Im also slowly going into keto as well as getting out of the house and office more than a few times a day… I sleep better… I feel good!

This is very important… to anyone…

That in of itself, is complex… mainly over greed. De population… all for the good.

My boss does… the entire lab has a room for hookahs… Fact… Have I tried? Yes…

Perhaps… I know the Indians did for ceremonies and it was considered scared.

Oh snap… yet another joy to look forward to? Might need to add it to the short list I have going… :slight_smile:

anyways… side tracking… the latest is

2 Likes

Perhaps for you personally, in your own perceptions (over ten years, has it been, then ?). Not supported.

I suspected so. But remember, old folks such as myself think that (most) everybody else is “young”. … :stuck_out_tongue:

Nobody seems to be noticing that meats (particularly red meat, but others as well) have a lot of Heme-Iron (absorbed without bodily regulation, and is highly conserved). Studies range from between 7% and 27% increased risk for cardio-vascular events (not good ones) with each MILLIGRAM consumed per day. Wow. Studies of Carotid artery plaque have also found Iron to be a significant factor. Iron is highly conserved by the human body. We have no particular biological mechanism for eliminating it (once it is in us). At most, humans eliminate a mere 1-2 mg per day (and that’s a whole lot less than intake from a meat-intensive diet).

That’s why trusting in their chemical blunt-instrument medication regimens may be asking for major troubles.

2 Likes

10+yrs… started in 2004, stopped in 2009 started back and mixing in 2011… however… even when you step down from nicotine levels even with ecigs… go too far too fast and you will feel the effects, I found myself licking drips and wondering why I was chain vaping… however and again… it only lasts for 3 days…

haha!! no way!! :smiley:

Im doing a lot of salads, fish and turkey… Chicken has too many unknowns for me and the cheap places like Aldi and Lidels are a bit scary as to where they source things, at least for me. I try to by local from farmers that free range. so so far, Im not too bad, and even feel better… only been at it for a couple weeks… but yes… cleaning up my diet is doing me a lot of good…

Exactly!

2 Likes

That’s more along the time-lines of CREB activity. Delta FosB quietly calls one back to “sinful iniquities”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Enter Raven-Knightly’s therapeutic essences of "Free Range Non-GMO Corned Beef Shanks”. I would start you out on hourly round-the-clock infusions of this bovinatory wonder-drug, then no less than thrice daily. :thinking:

4 Likes

This paper, alleging Nicotine carcinogenesis, may be used by the FDA to profound regulatory effect:

Electronic-cigarette smoke induces lung adenocarcinoma and bladder urothelial hyperplasia in mice

NYU School of Medicine (Oct 7, 2019): “E-cigarette smoke caused lung cancer in mice

2 Likes

Gee, that’s funny. Propylene Glycol is piped into the air system in hospitals. “Better Call Saul”, lol. This is getting worse by the minute. There are plenty of science students capable of analyzing those reports. But it seems, at this point, it’s a conspiracy to take down the vaping industry as we know it. No truth is going to change it if that’s their motive.

6 Likes

I’ve been on 3mg for years now and sometimes wonder if it’s all in my head because I’ve vaped 0 nic as well and didn’t feel bothered by the absence. But I still like the idea of having it because I like drugs :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Oh man, you gotta stop this. I’m not going to sleep tonight! You know, I haven’t had a cold for over 5 years. Plus, hospitals pipe PG into their air system to kill bacteria. So the whole damn hospital is inhaling PG! I’m so miffed by these so called government crackpots.

5 Likes

I can Invision in the future, some kind of repercussions against big Tobacco. Their playing along with big government at the moment, eventually big government is going to double cross big Tobacco. I sure hope the small businesses in the cross-hairs now, will be vindicated at some point. Perhaps future stats and studies from the U.K. can not be ignored and it will be painfully obvious to the populous what when down in the U.S. . All “those teens” currently involved in this “epidemic” are going to grow up and run the show.

3 Likes

No FDA fanboy here - but the (relatively) small concentration of PG into freely moving air that you describe could be a bit different than heating it to boiling temps (188 *C), or above, and sucking it into one’s lungs ?

:thinking:

3 Likes

I get your point but still…no respiratory illness here. Not even a cold in 5+ yrs. Before that I would get bronchitis once a year.

2 Likes

I think that in a very real sense, it is Government(s) that are “playing along” (with specific bias towards) “Big Tobacco” for an evil yet understandable reason. Tobacco Settlement monies flow (in the millions, ~20 million in the case of California, the highest recipient) annually into State revenue coffers. If they starve their “golden goose” extorted Big Tobacco corporations too much, those companies might become insolvent - thus ending the revenue-stream. (If) the old folks (in public or private entities) would sacrifice the health and lives of young folks for money, (then) it may be hard to imagine the young folks later behaving differently ?

4 Likes

Health and wellness are delicate and ephemeral things. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence ?

3 Likes

…and I’m getting disgusted with all this testing done to animals. I better sign off before I get condemned for what will come out of my mouth. Goodnight Raven and all who grace these pages. It’s beddy bye time for me.

2 Likes