DX Vanilla Custard TPA VS Vanilla Swirl TPA

Mine is spinning too. I always love me some new custard tho.

I dont remember who told us that but i think it was someone from TPA, that Swirl was a custard sans the DAAP and if you compare VS and VC it seems to be the case. I could be wrong, it happens a lot.

6 Likes

ABSOLUTELY, as I have both, and use them both heavily, and HAVE indeed A/B compared them. The Swirl was missing the richer, almost buttery notes that the VC had.

4 Likes

Even in the components list it appears to be the case.

3 Likes

Not that it matters, but the VC had almost that PUNCHY Yellow color, almost unnatural, whereas the VS was more of a normal yellow.

4 Likes

Ill probably get hollered at by some folks but DX Vanilla Custard doesnt appear on their site anywhere. But i guess it doesnt matter now, once i merged them it was permanent.

2 Likes

Looks like I found Vanilla Swirl V1 as a old Custard? VC2 is OK but I donā€™t find it an improvement over V1.

4 Likes

I found them to be quite different, with VC being lighter, maybe some ice creaminess in it, whereas VC 2 was heavier, denser, and much more egg. IMO, they do better at different things.

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly. They each have their uses. Even tho VCII is much thicker and eggier i still like to add a bit of Premium Custard to it.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Kind of like Cap VC and CAP VC v.2 ??

3 Likes

I added VC2 CAP to the drain.

7 Likes

Bite your tongue. I use a mix of CAP INW FA in my standalone Custard.

6 Likes

Exhale :wink:

3 Likes

Do you think VS is worth using just for itā€™s vanilla profile? Even though itā€™s a hugely popular flavor, for some odd reason I keep passing it up in my recipes. Now that retro flavors is the pick of the week maybe itā€™s worth revisiting.

5 Likes

I have it and donā€™t use it much. Not my go-to for anything really and I mainly mix with ā€œretroā€ flavours.

5 Likes

Are you in the states? I have a 30ml bottle of CAP VC V2 that Iā€™ve never used. Do you want it?

6 Likes

I love that you said this! Youā€™re the person I want to speak to. Iā€™ve been working on trying to get a vanilla profile from a commercial juice released in 2012. Itā€™s one of those liquids you want to splash on your neck for fragrance or down the whole bottle. The best whiff of vanilla ever. Iā€™m even willing to send you a small sample so you can smell it. Maybe youā€™ll recognize the flavor.

5 Likes

What have you tried so far?

I am in Australia so that probably wouldnā€™t work very well. What is the name of the commercial juice?

5 Likes

Iā€™ve tried every frigginā€™ vanilla out there before I came to my senses and realized it was created back in 2012 and wouldnā€™t have any new flavors in it. The liquid is called Vazilla by G2 Vapors. Some descriptions vary depending on the vendor site but hereā€™s one:

4 Likes

Hmmmm, interesting. It may be a combination of vanillaā€™s to avoid the ā€œfakeā€ taste. There is/was a vendor over here that did a vanilla and strawberry juice that I loved (no sweetener so it was nice) and they used 5 different vanillas to get the right profile. Perhaps look at some of the popular vanilla recipes, especially ones using a combination of them, from between 2010 and 2012 to get an idea?

ā€œHint of custardā€ to me would suggest a splash of TPA Van Cust, Creamy and smooth could be Holy Vanilla or Vanilla Overloadā€¦ there are still a lot of different vanilla based concentrates that were around back then.

5 Likes