E-cigarettes and e-liquids banned in Poland

True. No doubt they’ll make it up as there going along, As usual. :pensive:

2 Likes

That SUCK’S so sorry about your store :angry:

1 Like

Hangsen is not my store but Inawera is and since they’re located in Poland they will be affected too. I’m still waiting for them to chime in here. They will at least not be able to sell liquids and e-cigarettes anymore, as for the concentrates… I don’t know. If they throw in the towel that will impact DIYers worldwide, that is if they use Inawera flavours and a lot of them do. I don’t know if these regulations are prohibiting internet sales worldwide or just EU, but I fear the worse.

2 Likes

I concur!! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :angry:

1 Like

My guess is that Inawera is a big enough company that they will not put up with that Sh@t and move somewhere else so they continue business as usual. Unlikely they will throw in the towel…

3 Likes

I sure hope so, they will probably chime in here at some point and then we’ll know more. This decision has only been taken 2 days ago by Polish parliament so they are probably brainstorming about it right now. You would think that Hangsen is a big enough company but they’re closing.

1 Like

Inawera ships from Poland but their business is registered in Spain not Poland so im wondering if being a company out of spain not Poland would mean they are not doing online sales in Poland?

3 Likes

@Anonymiss says Inawera is registered in Spain so sounds as though they have a place to go, BUT, there’s no reason to believe that the same exact thing couildn’t happen throughout the EU. Should the whole EU ban ecigs then perhaps the UK might be the place for the Vapor Industry to go since their stance on Vapor Products is much more favorable than other countries…

4 Likes

Yeah you would think so, maybe they are just looking for a place to go and it’s only temporary. Who knows…

2 Likes

Don’t know but I do know that anybody can set up a website on a server from another country to take orders even without a physical presence in that said country. I see websites of American Companies with Canadian Domains all the time. Apparently it’s better priced than US websites. Question is can they get away with shipping out of Poland, and within of course for the locals? Another thing, I know Hangsen makes and sells EJuice and it is it’s biggest sale items, Ejuice, does Inawera sell Ejuice? If they only do flavors then why can they not claim they sell food flavoring only? That’s my thoughts…

1 Like

Poland belongs to EU and what is being announced by that Poland supplier is that they are closing due to not be able to continue their international online business in compliance with the TPD which rules:

No internet or any telesales means either to sale or purchase;
No transnational sales or purchases.

1 Like

Yes, they do and they sell hardware too, so that’s ⅔ of their business down the drain, if they still allow concentrates that is.

That’s not entirely true, see the answer to a question on clivebates.com.

Hi Clive,
could you clear the picture a little bit for us not Brits about this in your letter “… follow the UK in implementing only the minimum requirements of the Tobacco Products Directive as it applies to e-cigarettes, and no more…”

Clive Bates
February 8, 2016 at 9:06 am · Reply
Yes – there are different ways to implement the directive:
+ points that are ambiguous and could be more or less demanding depending on interpretation (e.g. ‘consistent dosing’)
+ places where flexibility is given to the member state (e.g. banning internet sales)
+ the means to do other things at the same time as drafting legislation to implement the directive (e.g. ban all advertising of e-cigarettes, not just that cross-border variety specified in the directive or to require medicine regulation).

Though they haven’t stated this explicitly, UK officials have implied the directive would be implemented in the way that is least burdensome and would stick to meeting the minimum requirements.

Updated: UK will go further than minimum in other asepcts of the directive (e.g. plain packaging) and last time I checked Scotland was planning to extend the ban on cross-border internet advertising to all advertising of e-cigarettes. Cigarette vendors north of the border must be delighted.

So it’s actually up to the individual member States of the EU how far they will push these regulations

2 Likes

The international ejuice and flavor dynasty Hangsen, which is a Chinese company, has a corporate office in Poland. I wonder how that will affect their business? Probably not much, but there must have been a reason for them to put their corporate office there in the first place. Heh, and now they have a reason to take it out, lol

1 Like

Someone from Iceland asked that same question and the answer to that was:

‘I don’t think there is choice. The directive is marked “Text with EEA relevance” – in this case meaning the directive is part of the internal market rules. So in order to participate in the internal market, EEA states like Iceland have to implement the directive.’

I guess that would be no different for the UK then.

1 Like

Sounds about right, when the uk exits the eu we still want to sell to the eu market so we will have to abide by their rules for trade.
No getting around it.

2 Likes

A bit of a bummer though for the people who voted exit because they thought it would nullify the TPD.

1 Like

I voted exit but not for that reason. Vape had nothing to do with my vote, i voted for whats best for my country. Imo.

3 Likes

Dear God it’s all I can do to not go off on an obscenity ridden tirade right now. >.<

I’m so fucking tired of reading about, and having to bear the repercussions of stupid people’s ideas being imposed on vaping/vapers. So far beyond pissed that words just don’t cut it right now.

I haven’t even had the CHANCE to try Hangsen yet. We have pills for everything else under the sun, why haven’t we got a pill for stupidity yet?!?!
FML

8 Likes

It will need to be FDA approved first and they’re too stupid to realise they need it :smiling_imp:

11 Likes

HA!
Sad, but true.

2 Likes