Eclipse Pictures

I was actually excited when i heard about this months ago and was looking forward to it. Didnt find out until a week ago that NJ wasnt getting the 100%. Still, i guess, it was cool. I mean, from what i read, i was expecting night sky with different stars and 4 planets in sight, lol, so i guess a little disappointing.

8 Likes

very cool pic though

2 Likes

Well, if you’d have stopped vaping for a couple of minutes the clouds would have dissipated!
:crazy_face:

5 Likes

I already posted these but what the heck…I’m proud of them! Also I know it was a bummer with the clouds, but I simply LOVE those anyway @Maureeenie

First one I took (big lump in my throat…so awestruck)

Better zoom this stuff…

Can I get the diamond ring? Well if I knew more about photography I think maybe an exposure setting would have kept the light from bleeding into the center. Meh, I can look at professional ones on the internet. This is the best I could do and witnessing it? Holy smoke!

So a message for the young ones in the US (or anyone anywhere, I just don’t know eclipse future worldwide) - the next total eclipse to traverse the US will be in 2045. If you have the means I highly recommend driving to the path where there is totality. This is a sight that will blow your mind. All the partial stuff is great and all, but when it goes total…wow! Just wow!

16 Likes

I’m not sure if this will work here, but I made a little time lapse :slight_smile: In the chaos of leaving, I forgot my professional camera (out of all the things to forget), so I only had my phone :frowning:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10213069520426763.1073741834.1055846172&type=1&l=e78a2bcf56

Those are some great pics @SthrnMixer!

11 Likes

Just… wow. Someday, if I live that long I will go to a full one!

6 Likes

11 Likes

Boy howdy :blush:

2 Likes

It looks like one of those crazy spray paint canvasses that get done at farmer’s markets, but better!

2 Likes

No - I actually waited for the clouds… I’ve already got enough retinal damage from shooting sunsets. I set my camera up with a lens cover and used a hat to “aim” the lens.

I only looked through the lens long enough to make sure it was centered in the frame when there was clouds. 250 MM lens magnifies the intensity of the light to a point that is very dangerous. You obviously used a full heavy solar filter. I spent 40 minutes on the porch with that lens covered until I knew I could shoot without hurting my eyes or the sensor.

2 Likes