Ejuice business

I am in the midst of starting my own ejuice business. I live in Ohio and I was wondering if there were any particular licenses that would be required. Tried looking on Google but couldn’t really find any definitive answers.

3 Likes

strange time to open a ejuice business. Don’t you guys have FDA legislation going into effect in a week or two?

6 Likes

If you will contact your local Chamber of Commerce you should be able to get all the info you need. Aside from the very good point that @Anonymiss makes about regulations, there is a lot you need to know about owning a bona fide business. This will include the type of business you form, whether that be a corporation (c or s) or LLC. But really, I think if you will do some digging you’ll soon discover that now is probably a terrible time to go into the vape business whether that be juice, hardware of what have you.

6 Likes

I agree with both of these fine folks. As a manufacturer you can not enter any new products after the August 8th regulations date and you would require to register each product and then each variation of that product. The talked of rate is appx $1,000,000 per variation, even it were $1,000 it would put it out of the realm of possibility for most people. Also, it would require that each flavoring company that you use in your liquids to register with the FDA for each of their flavorings with the breakdown of each flavoring, not all companies are on board with this so that would mean they could no longer be used.

Im not trying to be Debbie Downer here but this is absolutely the worst time to try to become a manufacturer of eliquids. Sorry for the bad news.

8 Likes

Unless you are a multi millionaire I suggest you find another business to invest in. You missed the boat…

6 Likes

I had considered this a couple years ago (and should have done it), my wife ex-smoker from 15+ years ago, and is a non-vapor, had even encouraged me… even a often as a month or so ago. But due to the FDA I wouldn’t even think about doing anything. In the current environment, if I was considering such a project the most I would do is background work for suppliers and what inventory/stock I would wish to have. I wouldn’t invest in any capitol until all the legal things going on settled. I bought a new (to me) little subcompact car today, on the way home with it I had to pull over to get something out of the back, so I pulled into a strip mall. There was a vape shop there with a big “Going out of business” sigh in the window… I almost went in to see what they were getting rid of… you know vapors and vape shops… but refrained.

4 Likes

Wait a minute. You could still make money for three years in theory. Unless the state you live desides to close the three year loophole like they’ve already tried in a few by increasing taxes.

And again. If you could introduce all your house liquids in the next week you could sell those too…at a hudge markup like other shops. :fist::fist::fist::dash::dash::dash:

Then again you will get to watch your juice market quickly dwindel as more people are pushed into DIY.

Welcome to ELR. Thanks for bringing up an interesting question for debate.

I have often recently about opening my own shop. But the Fda has weighed down to heavily on my interest and ability to do it.

4 Likes

In order to even be in the three year loop hole wouldnt he have to have his business open before August 8th and have all his products (ejuices) on the market… It’s July 25th that doesn’t really seem to be realistic unless of course he is way further along then im guessing he is and already has his products pretty much ready to go.

3 Likes

well @Anonymiss and @SthrnMixer summes it all up unless you have the money or a way aroun d the fda

1 Like

Pfft me heck no, ive no interest in opening a ejuice business either though :slight_smile: Ive only got two juices that are okay that are my own recipes at this point and they are still technically works in progress so it aint gonna happen, besides that would suck the fun out of it for me I think.

2 Likes

I do currently have a registered llc business along with a tax id. This is really upsetting.

2 Likes

Yes this is just devastating for alot of people.

3 Likes

You just don’t know how true this is…It really will take the fun out of it…

2 Likes

I’ll call my local chamber of commerce tomorrow. I’ll report back with what I find

1 Like

It’s not realistic. Just wanted to point out it could be done. But if you wanted to bet a million dollars (I need the captiol. J/k) I’m sure I could get a basic business license tomorrow by greasing some wheels, mix up 50 bottles and do a garage grand opening the next day selling everything at a loss for a buck just so I could stamp sold one day prior to August 8th.

Nobody said my juices have to be perfect.

The real concern here is thinking about starting a business and not knowing the current market, regulations, and the fda. So the real question is should vs could. I honestly could but won’t because now unfortunately the fda is preventing people from participating in the free market place by placing unreasonable barriers.

The barriers and walls are so high I’m sure Donald trump will ask the fda how to build a wall between USA/Mexico/Canada. Lol.

8 Likes

Or if his last name was Clinton
Then the rules or laws wouldn’t apply to him /her
I sorry couldn’t help myself
Seriously good luck on your venture
The shop around corner is just going to try selling o nic concentrated mixes
I would get a legal opinions first should be plenty info out there

5 Likes

I feel like we are headed toward another prohibition again… but for ejuice. Everyone will be selling it on the streets and smuggling it across state lines. Hey maybe I’ll make more money…

2 Likes

That is how the Kennedy’s as well as countless others made their fortune!
http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/the-15-most-interesting-bootleggers-and-rum-runners/

4 Likes

yeah but that would be an underground business so not quite what you were inquiring about lol

3 Likes

Is it to late the change the topic?? :wink:

7 Likes