Elevate Mango Flavor?

What’s up ELR!
Im new to the forums, first time to post…

So I’ve been trying to make my own mango flavored e-juice and I need some help. No matter how much I tinker with procentages the mango flavor still seems a bit muted, although it’s there.

My girlfriend, who is a baker, told me that sometimes they use sour/citric flavors to ”elevate” fruity flavors in cakes and what not. My question is if this also applies to e-juices?
I currently use both Sweet Mango (CAP) and Philippines Mango (TFA) and was thinking to maybe add a bit of orange and perhaps one more mango flavor to really kick up the mango flavor a knotch. Any feedback regarding this would be much appriciated.

Best regards!

5 Likes

Cantaloupe or orange will give the mango a kick.

6 Likes

You should definitely give Golden Eye from Nicotine River a try for mangoes. I vape that as a single flavor pretty often.

I’ve got a few mangoes and I’ve been looking for better all the time until I tried this.
BTW, I live in the EU too, if you combine it with some other hard-to-get flavors here, it’s definitely worth the shipping and customs.

7 Likes

as @Letitia said or if you don’t have either tangerine or some sour will also help

5 Likes

@Letitia Great! Just as i thought. I will check it out at my local shop later today. Do you recommend any one of those over the other?

@woftam I was thinking of maybe giving Sweet Tangerine (CAP) a try. But is it sweet or sour?

@anon28032772 Hmm, interesting! Never heard of this one before. I live in Sweden tho, and the stocks in shops are often very limited to the most common brands. But i will definitely ask them about it. Cheers!

4 Likes

Just order straight from the US and while you’re there, pick up some purilum, liquid barn (vanilla ice cream?) and other goodies you won’t find here :wink:

3 Likes

Alright, i will definietly check it out. Thanks :grin:

2 Likes

I tend to use FA Mandarin (Tanger) as it has a slight zest to it that I like with a mango. If you want a sweet mango VTA make Mango Juice which I tend to pair up with Golden Eye and or Island Mango from WF.

5 Likes

Awesome! I been thinking to order WF Island Mango from Chefs Flavors. But gonna consider it when my budget is a bit bigger. Will try to stick to local shops for now until my mixing skills are improved a bit.

Thank you so much (everyone) for the great replies.

6 Likes

FA blood orange 0.7 or With CAP sweet mango I would use a plain orange FA royal or natural 0.3-0.5%. Any cantaloupe I would start with 0.2 and add a drop at a time until I reached a sweet spot. I have CAP and 0.3 works for me.

3 Likes

My two cents:
FA Canteloupe at 0.4 and a drop of saline 0.9 (0.2.) is my go to on a Mango.

6 Likes

Sweet! Thank you so much! Gonna try this as soon as i get the orders. I think orange sounds perfect with mango so im gonna try it first.

4 Likes

I have a recipe that ive been working with to make a very loose ice monster mangerine inspired vape. i noticed that sweet mango alone doesnt come out enough but when i mix TPA mango and CAP sweet mango at almost a 1:1 ratio it really brings it out nice. (personally id do a bit more TPA mango. i tried doing more sweet mango than TPA and it doesnt have a mango high note. just a low background mango note. i also add sweet tangerine. CAP sweet tangerine can be harsh on its own and has a strong citric acid flavor and not as much sweetness. i noticed if you add in mandarin orange it brings down that acidic flavor and really smooths out the orange as well as making it a touch sweeter. If youd like to check out my recipe its the mangerine explosion. the only difference in mine is its not just sweet mango. in a 60 ml batch its 1.25g of CAP sweet mango and 1.94g of TPA mango. I might as well just post my recipe because ive done a lot of experimenting on pen and paper since then. Golden Pineapple-1.2g, Orange mandarin-1.57g, Sweet Tangerine-2.45g, papaya-.93g, sweet guava-1.23g, sweet mango-1.25g, Mango TPA-1.94g, koolada-0.6g, menthol-0.3g. i added about 0.3g each of whipped cream and butter cream and it filled in the mouth feel. otherwise its been my go to vape for a few months now.

6 Likes

That all sounds great! Pineapple, Mandarin, Tangerine, Papaya, Guava and Mango! I’m doin’ it!. I don’t use any if those concentrates, but i have all of the flavors from other brands. Oh, wait…I do use CAP Sweet Tangerine, since it’s PG-Free, so it’ll be in there.

Btw, we understand %'s far easier than Grams over here. You can share recipe URLs privately without publishing the recipe, too. Copy and post them here. It’s in the wrench menu on your recipes.

Thanks for sharing!

Edit: I’ll be omitting the minty-cooling bits, too :smile:

6 Likes

mangerine explosion V2

Ingredient %
Golden Pineapple (CAP) 2.00
Koolada 10% (TPA) 1.00
Mango (TPA) 3.35
Menthol (LB) 0.50
Orange Mandarin (TPA) 2.50
Papaya (TPA) 1.50
Sweet Guava (CAP) 2.00
Sweet Mango (CAP) 2.15
Sweet Tangerine (CAP) 4.50
Sweetener (Sucralose/Maltol) (TPA) 1.00

Flavor total: 20.5%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

I hope this comes out right. lol I’ve only been mixing a few months and this is my first time interacting in the forum and sharing a recipe. i double checked my books with this recipe and it matches up. i omitted the sweetener once i read about the free chloride. the only difference in this recipe is i added 1% Butter Cream and 1% Whipped Cream. Purely optional as it was just an experiment to add to the mouth feel. Its a great shake and vape but honestly if i can make it more than a few days without going through all of it, it just gets better and better. Hope you enjoy!

6 Likes

I will say my recipe is definitely more orange heavy.

4 Likes

Wow! That sound deliciois! I dont have all the flavors at home but will surely bring them in and have a go at your recipie.
I did buy the TPA Mango and combined it with CAP Sweet Mango. Really worked out well and i found a 1:1 ratio was spot-on as well. Slightly more on the TPA tho. I used CAP Juicy Orange as a background note and there is a huge difference in how the entire profile changes with added orange/citric!
Cheers! :beers:

6 Likes

I suggest a couple drops of apple cider vinegar
and a couple drops of lime juice
per 30ml of e-juice [current recipe]
adjust to taste from there

5 Likes

I also highly recommend Golden Eye (NR)

5 Likes

Yes! glad to hear im not the only one who feels that way on adding more tpa mango than the sweet mango while also staying close to the 1:1 ratio. i just ordered some Philippine mango from gremlindiy. im curious to see how my mango turns out with that included. I dont know if its against the rules to mention places to buy flavors and if it is i apologize, but so far gremlin diy seems to have the best prices and a decent variety. i can order up to 19 flavors at only 3$ shipping and TPA flavors go for as low as $1.30 apiece for 10ml and $3 for 30 ml. its made it so much more doable and affordable for me to get those flavors i need for specific recipes but dont currently have. shipping is pretty quick to. 3-5 days and i live in Missouri. the “gremlin” coupon code will also get you 5% off. i really do hope you guys enjoy it. i tried it without the koolada and menthol and its still really good but for my taste it feels like its missing something without them. maybe its the throat hit, or maybe its just a lower tone on the flavor without it. All i know is its been my #1 go to since i first threw it together. for some people it might be too strong on flavor but i love strong flavors as long as they arent sickly sweet like some berry mixes.

4 Likes