ELR 5X5 Contest, the Recipes that didn't make the initial cut. Post yours

In my personal case, I’ve been really, REALLY short on time, and was completely bummed out that I probably wouldn’t be able to get in on the 5X5 Flavorah Contest, BUT, I pulled it out, at the end.

I was literally spit balling, throwing things together, and with NO tweaks, fixes, alterations, if they didn’t work out, ONTO the next one, etc.

Here’s some that DIDN’T make the initial cut, that HOPEFULLY, I’ll be able to get back into tweaking these…

13 Likes

This isn’t too bad (for me!) but I feel it needs more time to really see what’s what. (I waited until the 11th before deciding to have a go here)
I did make a couple of adjustments after testing at 10 days but it’s still too soon for that mix as well.

8 Likes

@gloopdegurp you had me at Poohding, AND, that looks pretty damned good.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Thank you, SessionDrummer!
Haha, yeah, I like playing around with recipe names :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Very nice looking @jbitts. The one thing (among others) that I wished I had with Flavorah, was more experience with the baccos.

5 Likes

We think alike. This recipe didn’t go over for me. After three weeks of steeping it one big BLAH. Flavors either faded or gotten eaten alive.

6 Likes

I was gonna make a apple donut but didnt because that won last contest

6 Likes

thanks, yeah for only having 11 Flavorah’s in my stash I’m happy with what I was able to come up with. That bacco is a tweak or 2 away from being considered for my daily rotation. But then again I love my tobacco’s. They are just so complex and unique to me.

5 Likes

Well @jbitts, then that makes it even MORE impressive.

5 Likes

This was pretty good but didnt use it

7 Likes

Indeed we do Sir. I had a few of mine go “sideways” as well. Here’s to hoping I can make the time to fix some of them. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That looks good @STR8V8PING. I’ve always been afraid of using Honey flavors. Not sure why, but I’m about 100% sure, back in my early days I tested one, SKY HIGH, and it scared me off.

3 Likes

Yea honeybee is real potent but used very low really boosts overall satuation of flavors without changing taste

5 Likes

I made the Chocolate Cake Shake that I didn’t enter. Recipe turned out well. It is as good as if not better than the one I entered. The 30 is almost gone.

6 Likes

I see you had it loaded @ 0.1%, are we talking reduction type low ? I think I only have 3, maybe 4 flavors that I actually have reduced on my racks, like FLV Alpine SB, FLV Rich Cinnamon, MF Lemon, and a few others …

5 Likes

@rcleven I know I’ve been slamming my submission for just over 2 days, and have almost emptied a 60ml !!! All the while thinking, “Yeah, that’s the one”. Part of me wishes I would have MAYBE spent a little time trying to tweak a few of the above, JUST because …

7 Likes

@rcleven maybe I missed it, but did you share that one ?

3 Likes

For me, being restricted to Flavorah, it’s going to work or not. 2 out of 3 working out, I’m happy.
It’s been a busy last two weeks for me. My anniversary was the 22nd, Birthday the 29th, Easter family brunch. Gee I’m getting old.

8 Likes

Yeah, I share that thought.

Happy Birthday, Anniversary, and Best Wishes for the Easter Brunch.

Get in line buddy !!!

:slight_smile:

5 Likes