ELR 5X5 Contest, the Recipes that didn't make the initial cut. Post yours

I’m sorry @rcleven now that I see that, I could have sworn you shared that one. Looks damned cakey, and with the R&R and Cream, no doubt ice creamy. What do you feel the Milk and Honey brings to that particular mix ? Fattens up/out the ice cream ?

3 Likes

Fattens it up and rounds it out. Flavorah doesn’t have a ice cream. It’s my version.

7 Likes

Smart Move…FLV has a lot of great apple flavors though

4 Likes

Yea i actually like the flv apples expecially apple filling just didnt think the same profile as last contest would win

5 Likes

I dont think honeybee calls for a dilution but comes close

4 Likes

Ahhhh, I remember it now, it was FA Honey that BIT me !!! Completely USER error, but FEAR, is a powerful thing.

4 Likes

@STR8V8PING ix-nay on the alk-tay, or Rocky’ll make #III as “Make a Milk and Honey” contest !!!

4 Likes

These are a no go lol I have 100+ Flavorah, I really had a hard time with this contest.

10 Likes

Very nice looking @Lynda_Marie. That Peach Punch is an interesting idea there …

3 Likes

My third recipe it’s actually really good it was a good challenge. A great maple flavor though.

9 Likes

Caramel, Maple, and Donuts, who says no to that ?? !!!

4 Likes

Surprisingly the caramel really enhanced the maple bar.

5 Likes

Most of these are about 80pct ready …ill finish them bc they all have great potential. Obviously I couldnt submit

7 Likes

I think im sensitive to something in maplebar because i get no maple and just a big offnote from it

4 Likes

So I don’t get it.
Here I was saying “I got an off note and probably won’t submit” and ppl saying to me “oh submit, submit anyway, the random entries can win”

and I clearly wasn’t happy with the recipe because I am a perfectionist (which is why I don’t post much about recipes because to me they’re never perfect).

But because of the encouragement, I entered.

Now you all post recipes that “didn’t make the cut” “they need tweaking” and I feel like a dickhead for submitting something sub-par.

I won’t do that again.

6 Likes

People worked on multiple recipes…These recipea are the ones that arent entered so they wont be judged or eligible for a prize winning. They submitted what they thought was their best. We encourged you because even if you dont make top 3 you can still win one of the 3 random drawings.

8 Likes

Nono, my recipes also suck. But who cares what anyone thinks, sure you can value and respect other opinions but if its good to you thats all that truely matters in the end. People take this shit way too seriously. Mixing is fun and happy. Good vibes only. There is no such thing as perfection. Only personal perception. I’m just happy for this contest. It gets people excited to mix other peoples recipes which is so important for the community. I really wish Wayne still did midweek critique, I discovered so many great recipes from that show. Anyways it’s all love. And yes im fairly stoned lol

10 Likes

I absolutely know that feeling @Sevencasper.

5 Likes

and I didn’t

I submitted because of the encouragement, thinking that others would also be submitting recipes that they also thought were not their best, to have some fun.
This thread clearly shows me that this is not the case, so I have requested that my entry be withdrawn as I would not have even published my recipe nor entered the competition if it were not for the encouragement.

This is not an attack on anyone. I clearly misunderstood what the competition represented.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t worry too much about it @Sevencasper, my problem is I get lots of IDEAS, but can’t always FINISH them, and YES, that means getting rid of off notes, muting, or worse. You don’t see me posting very many recipes for the same reasons you mentioned. NOW, if you want to blow your face off, feel free to mix some of my NRFPT (NOT Ready For Prine Time) above and you’ll see. He’ll I’ll be lucky if the judges don’t hate my profiles LOL.

7 Likes