ELR 5X5 Contest, the Recipes that didn't make the initial cut. Post yours

@Sevencasper I would completely advise against withdrawing. I know for a FACT, that at least mine, isn’t state of the art, nor my best work, but it’s what I had, on the table.

8 Likes

I stand by my decision to withdraw because I would not publish it, so I don’t want it entered.

8 Likes

It has been removed but im gonna tell ya, im grabbing the two flavors im missing and im gonna try it. Is that alright? You used an additive that ive been wanting to try for a long time but never ordered it as i couldnt think of a way to use it. Love the thought you put into it, its something that never occurred to me.

10 Likes

Im sure many people dont think the recipe they submitted was the best they can do , but with what they had to work with and the criteria allowed it was the best they came up with . The contest are for fun and to bring community together . Hopefully we get some really good recipes as well. The criteria /rules etc are in place to make it a challenge and to take people out of their comfort zone. We arent expecting anyones best ,just the best they can do with the obstacles . Hope that makes sense.

8 Likes

Thanks! Something went wrong with that one. Pretty throaty. I’ve vaped all those flavors solo single flavor test and had no issues. I’m definitely going to work on that one.

6 Likes

Yes, and THAT, is what makes this HARD. You can get ALL orders of CONSTRUCTIVE, or DESTRUCTIVE interference as soon as you mix a SECOND flavor in. It can be maddening, I know. I’ve had tons where on paper, they look perfect, but after a week steep, and testing, I’m always left wondering, “WTF just happened here” ?? !!!

8 Likes

That’s probably exactly what I said lol :joy: after taking that first few vapes!

8 Likes

YES !!!

I think sometimes, people see a finished “Super” recipe and either assume, or think it just POPS out at you when making it, but what they DON’T see, is all of the “Burnt Tires and A$$hole$” that have to happen FIRST.

7 Likes

Nothing wrong with entering! Please don’t feel that way. One mans gold is another mans garbage :wastebasket: Don’t worry about being perfect. Just have fun with contest. It was a demanding contest being restricted to Flavorah only, and no more five percent flavor at that. Everyone doesn’t have the same tastes. Who knows, your recipe just might be competitive.

9 Likes

VERY agreed @rcleven.

9 Likes

Lest @Sevencasper forget, that I am the King of “What The Hell Happened With This One”. I just HIDE them from people hehe.

7 Likes

awwwww, really hate to see you withdraw but I understand everyones different and has there own feelings. I submitted a total shit show and I know I’m not winning but I don’t care lol. Just knowing that 3 poor fella’s are gonna squirm vaping my disaster is a total win for me lol

9 Likes

I will def say the one i submitted wasnt my best . It was just the best of all the other sub par flv recipes i tried to make

5 Likes

One thing iv seen all the time is sometimes a recipe you may think is crap another person may love so you never know

7 Likes

@Sevencasper if it helps in the last challenge I submitted a recipe that I didn’t think would stand a chance at winning, and all three judges thought my recipe was in their top 3. So ya never know, I submitted my 3rd choice because my first choice wasn’t within the rules (Iced Pfeffernüsse), and I was unsure about my second choice (Maple Long John).

7 Likes

I doubt any of these are gonna be peoples ADVs .

2 Likes

I don’t know about that I think I could vape the heck out of some of those @fidalgo_vapes recipes. Mmm Boysenberry Cheesecake and I’m not even a fan of cheesecake vapes, but I’d definitely try that one.

7 Likes

Mine is becoming one. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Which one SD they all look amazing. I might have to pick up a lot of FLV samples so I can try all of those recipes.

7 Likes

Well, currently it’s the one I submitted, but I’d REALLY like to get into those above, and fix them. Thank you, and be careful, they’re Alphas, and you could blow your face off @McDuckie !!!

6 Likes