ELR 5X5 Contest, the Recipes that didn't make the initial cut. Post yours

Do you go for an ice cream base or a traditional gelato base for a Spumoni? Difference being gelato is more aerated like a whipped cream/ ice cream vs a heavy cream based ice cream.

5 Likes

I got green joy after daniel talking about it on noted. Its not bad

6 Likes

Ice Cream / Creamy /cheesecake … A few different Cream bases

5 Likes

Its got a good , very good pistachio taste

5 Likes

Exactly…And ill drop a tad bit of FLV if it needs a more authentic kick

5 Likes

I left you some comments on the recipes.

5 Likes

@SessionDrummer With regard towards Raspberry Limeade what is the issue with it? It looks good though I’d probably come down to like 1% on the lemonade (might be too much lemon not enough lime) maybe add some citrus soda? Maybe a little boysenberry to spike up the raspberry.

4 Likes

Hehe @McDuckie, well “wrong” is a relative term. All of those were literally just PUSHED OUT, and mixed up, let them steep, tested, and D-I-S-Q-U-A-L-I-F-E-D (hehe @fidalgo_vapes) outright. You’ll notice I didn’t even put any notes in them. Just a simple, fast Go/No-Go.

TBH, I haven’t even had time to even look at any of them yet. As far as that specific mix, the FLV Lemonade is fairly weak, as is the Red Raspberry. Right here, and now, if I had to re-do it on the fly, I might drop the Lemonade to 2%, Increase the Lime to .45%, the Lime Wedge to .3% and see. I wanted the Lemonade to be FRONT and center, and if possible, keep the Red Raspberry, and Lime almost equal behind it.

It’s good, don’t get me wrong, but realize, these were all just pushed out, and go/no-go’ed with no other effort or even note taking. Once I get the NomNomz flavor series finished, I’ll be able to deicate some time to them.

If you decide to BLOW your face off, and mix any of them up, let me know what you think.

4 Likes

Definitely I’m on vacation starting Sunday we are driving up to Austin for the eclipse. I just got a new supply of 3ml dropper bottles so I’m going to stock up some more flavorah flavors to play with. So I’ll definitely be blowing my face off next week. I’ve even got a new idea to try what do you think?

5 Likes

I haven’t done a lot with FLV Waffle yet, so I’m unsure how that will work out along with the BB Muffin, which is delicious on it’s own.

3 Likes

Made 4 recipes one was shit these 2 were pretty decent.Mostly complete recipes the Manilla might need a little more mouthfeel/maybe some marshmallow but im too lazy to get back to them…Might as well post them here if anybody wants to give it a go

7 Likes

Red Raspeberry is more of a Raspberry Booster than a top note Raspeberry…At .2 to .3 added to another raspberry makes a much fuller raspberry

4 Likes

Hehe, if only …

3 Likes

I don’t publish a whole lot myself, not for any particular reason but I entered because I needed a kick in the booty to get myself inspired again. Did I think it was the best I could do?..no. But it was different from what I usually do and that in itself was valuable. And I wouldn’t mind a chance of winning something just for entering :wink: I hope you don’t throw in the towel on this and maybe do it again next time.

6 Likes

@McDuckie I had thought of doing that, but thus far I’ve had so-so luck with the Boysenberry.

3 Likes

Hehe, yes, and that’s where the complications came in. I really liked the RRB profile, just wish it was more stout. Once I break free from the limitations of the contest, I’m going to re-visit it.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Try it with your fave Rasp and just add a quarter pct., try one with and one with out …The Red Rasp imo is a game changer for Rasp mixes…Alot of Rasp are thin even when we stack them on top.of each other the missing piece of most Rasp recipes is the addition of Red Rasp

5 Likes

Well, hehe, if it weren’t for this damned contest LOL, I obviously would have immediately broke out the MF Wild Raspberry, and/or SSA’s Raspberry Syrup, which I have had great luck with.

4 Likes

I THINK you do @fidalgo_vapes, but am unsure, do you have MF’s Wild Raspberry ? It is a cross between a Raspberry Powerhouse, and a Raspberry Throat Punch IMO, AND, in a good way.

4 Likes