ELR Flavor Stash

I’m just curious as to if there will ever be a way for the Flavor Stash to keep track of your remaining inventory? I’m absolutely terrible at this :frowning: . I either go my stuff to through my racks too quick when making an order (I work up to 70hrs a week) or just wing it :smiley: . Either way, I usually end up with more of what i have or missing important items. Again, just curious. Thank you!

6 Likes

I hear ya …I put my empty bottles on a shelf or in a box or wherever works . I dont throw them away until I order the flavor . Doing this has helped

11 Likes

@UPSguy I think most of us longtimers feel your pain. I use HotRod’s Calc for real time inventory, and a spreadsheet for big bottles.

3 Likes

@SessionDrummer All I’ve ever used is ELR and ATF for all my mixing. I’m old :older_man: and not too familiar with spreadsheets :pensive:

5 Likes

I just put any flavours I am running low on, and anything I want to try, into the “My Shopping List” section and always check it before I do an order. Not a bad habit if you can predict how much of a certain flavour will last until your next order, then add it to the list when it reaches that quantity.

12 Likes

Most of the time I do add to my shopping list. But there are those times that I think I have extra Stash when I actually don’t. That’s why I am curious about an inventory calculator.

5 Likes

Understood @UPSguy. I’m not a huge spread-sheeter myself, but it was simple (but a pain in the ass, because of my flavor size), but once it’s DONE, you’re golden.

I used to spread sheet just for my larger bottles, but have add all my flavors to it now. It’s only hard the FIRST time. Just all the data entry, but, then it’s smooth sailing, and super simple. Any time you are going to purchase, just check your spreadsheet first.

6 Likes

So you mix using your calculator then go to the spreadsheet and input the Flavors that were used? Sounds doable I suppose :thinking: All I need to do now is figure out how to set up a spreadsheet :rofl:! I will get out of my comfort zone to try to make my mixing life a little more efficient. Thanks for the input.

4 Likes

Well kinda @UPSguy, I have duplicates of almost every flavor on my racks, so “technically” I track my backups, not the ones on the racks. Once I move a replenish into the rack, it gets subtracted. If you have Microsoft Excel, I can send you mine, so you can either edit, or use as a template.

2 Likes

Dude that would be awesome!! I can use all the help I can get :upside_down_face:. Like I said, I’m not that knowledgeable about spreadsheets.:rofl:

2 Likes

I do a monthly check of all (and how many spares I have in the drawers) two weeks before making an order. That keeps me aware of usage and the possible need for larger bottles of some.

2 Likes

Doesn’t elr have a tracking system? Think if you put the ml on hand of each of your flavors after you mix a recipe there is something you checkmark and it adjusts your ml on hand. I haven’t used it but have a vague memory of something like that being available.

2 Likes

Nah not on ELR. There isn’t even an option to mark a recipe as mixed, so how would the site know?

There are options to track cost, but not stock.

5 Likes

If you don’t mind a small learning curve, an excellent, stand alone calculator was made by Hot Rod.

http://diyjuicecalculator.com/

8 Likes

I would go with @SessionDrummer’s suggestion and give the DIY Juice Calculator a try. Tracks inventory in real time, cost averaging for flavors etc. Used it for years.

6 Likes

I started doing this last week. I have a ° in computer science and cyber security and looking at the excel sheet made me uninterested lol I’ve done so many spread sheets for small companies and the thought of building my own data base bummed me out :expressionless: I guess I’ll try again tonight. I really need to do this.

5 Likes

How friendly is it to the mathematically challenged?

2 Likes

@SquirrelSmash it’s not math heavy, BUT, there IS a slight learning curve.

IF (and it’s not that bad, you just have to try), IF, you get past it, and input your recipes/flavors, it can be a boon. If you have a LARGE flavor / recipe array, it can be daunting to have to RE-input them all.

There was another thread on this, I will find it.

4 Likes

I will do and if all’s well, I may ponder creating a guide after I grasp most. Probably next week: Aussies need shouting at on using APA first.

4 Likes

@UPSguy my wife laughs at me for struggling with large spreadsheets, word docs, lol. Sadly when I was in school for electrical engineering, they didn’t really put any emphasis, on them, LOL.

I don’t know your skill level for Word, and/or Excel, but here goes nothing.

Please COPY/PASTE into a new browser window. These are MY files, my site, and are 100% verified, by me.

Word Docx:

whiskeypilot.com/Vaping/Flavor Inventory 9-27-21.docx

Excel xlsx:

whiskeypilot.com/Vaping/Flavor Inventory 9-27-21.xlsx

4 Likes