ELR Flavor Stash

@SquirrelSmash, @Letitia, @Lynda_Marie, @yodaofborg, @UPSguy, luckily for you, many of us use Hot Rod’s Calculator, and thanks to @TorturedZen’s tutorial, you won’t HAVE to suffer.

Please read down the thread for additional help…

Thanks TZ.

10 Likes

What is APA and why do Aussies need shouting at regarding the use thereof?

3 Likes

@Ianc13

??

2 Likes

@SessionDrummer possibly, but that would presume it is relevant in some way to the Australian physiological guidelines which isn’t a given. Interesting though…

2 Likes

I’m pretty dim, and I used to do spreadsheets (Excel) back at my fancy job two decades ago because I had to, so it became easy because my paycheck depended on it.
Its a great skill to have, for music too.

3 Likes

It’s the America Psychological Association’s citation format. As most libraries have a function to generate a citation, I get a bit tired of correcting misuse when advising on academic writing.

1 Like

Interesting, curious that it’s an American format used in a Commonwealth country. You were absolutely correct @SessionDrummer :+1: :smile:

2 Likes

Ehhh, lucky guess @Ianc13.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I use a Google sheet too, with just a list of flavours.
I use a simple traffic light cell colour to do my tracking.
If the cell is green I have a backup bottle.
When I swap out my backup bottle, or if I don’t have one, I change the cell to orange.
When the bottle gets down to half, or whenever I deem it time, I change the cell to red.
All red cells go on my next order.

9 Likes

I just jot it down on my ‘Flavor Order’ note on my phone with size to re-order. I’ve never been in such a mad rush that I need replacements or new … pronto :joy:

7 Likes

Ok, I remember looking at this years ago and didn’t like it. Just loaded it up and imported a recipe. Got all the values correct and the Grams is off from the ELR calculator. I tried turning MFG specific weight on and off on ELR and the numbers are still different. Most of them are off by .1 to .3 which I think for most flavors aren’t an issue but it gnaws at my slight OCD. Have you noticed this?

5 Likes

I haven’t noticed that, but I’ve got hundreds of recipes imported, and I’ll check that tonight.

3 Likes

@natbone, just ran a compare, and it’s off a smidge, not sure if it will matter…

2 Likes

APA is pretty much the global standard for social sciences and the arts. Although, I had to use Harvard citation when I was studying law: That made no sense to me.

1 Like

Most likely, it won’t. It might even improve some of them.

2 Likes

It all starts with how much of each e-juice you consume over a specific period of time. Each E-Juice has a recipe of flavors needed as well as Nic, VG and PG. Based on volume that you mix and a shelf life of flavors (say 2 years) you can determine the amount of flavors needed over that specific time period. You will have some waste from flavors that you use small amounts of that have to be discarded after shelf life is exceeded but that is just part of the overall cost of a particular E-Juice. Once you determine all of the above you can combine flavor ML’s needed for the e-juices you use. That will be your master list of flavors needed and you can then base orders of flavors on how much you consume in say 2 years and the e-juices you will make. The biggest pain in ass is taking the time to develop a master e-juice recipe list with flavors individually broken out and then determining how much you will consume in whatever time period your ingredients need to last before a reorder. This method works for me with minimal waste and no unused flavors, PG or VG. I also use different spread sheets for master lists of flavors, consumption and length of time it takes to go through the bottles I mixed. DIY only makes sense if you can minimize waste and only mix what you need.

4 Likes

Please punctuate: It’s like an energy vampire as I read further down.

4 Likes

DIY if its that important to you. I was just trying to give UPSguy some info that works for me. Sorry if the lack of paragraphs confused you.

4 Likes

Sentence structure may help, especially if aggression is your tone.

1 Like

Seems to me you are a A hole for not having a problem with the information, just your ability to process information that is not in a acceptable format to You.

5 Likes