ELR Flavor Stash

Thank you for making assumptions about me: It means I do not need to put effort into correcting - Your respective deity will handle that.

1 Like

@Coop3 thanks for sharing your system.

3 Likes

My pleasure, I hope concept makes sense to most who read it.

3 Likes

You can specify the specific gravity in the flavor’s Properties. Might .match up then, I think.

6 Likes

Oooorah @TorturedZen.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

4 Likes

I’ve used this calculator almost since I began mixing. It’s the only one that I’ve found that I can print directly to Avery sheets from the software and I’ve got my bottle labels to stick on immediately after mixing them. It also tracks steep times!
If I need to grab a recipe that I have in ELR, I can open it in ie or edge and export it to text. That text file can be imported directly into this calculator and then saved or modified and printed! It’s difficult going from different forums, if I see something that I’d like to try, because the recipe has to manually be input and any new purchases should be added to inventory along with quantities.
I haven’t tracked my quantities just like I haven’t balanced my checkbook. But the feature is there and I really love the software.
It’s a shame that the creator has not been working on it to possibly improve something that’s already great but it’s amazing!

5 Likes

The recipe import function only works with ELR’s calculator as far as I know. You have to be in sync with the flavor naming conventions also, or you’ll just end up having to edit the import.

6 Likes

Thank you for tagging me. I have a MacBook. There is nothing ever good available for Apple products. I’m surprised that I can access Evolve for my Dna mods.

5 Likes

I’m sorry @Lynda_Marie, I didn’t know that.

3 Likes

Or you realize you like a flavor and forget you had another 50ml and order another 50ml. Been there a few times. One of the places i order from puts 100ml in two 50ml bottles. I have done this 3x :man_shrugging:t2:. Goes with the addiction of recipe making​:joy:

8 Likes

Might be obvious to you old timers but save empty bottles, 10ml, 30ml, 100ml etc. Wash em out and dry them, then you have the “base weight”, wonder how many ml’s left in the bottle, weight it and subtract the “base weight”. If they are pure PG(afaik all are) 1g = 1ml.

Would be really nice to have this feature though. Add amount to your flavor stash, on recipes press a button that says “I made this”, it subtracts the total amount from your stash. Everything is up to date with minimal hassle.

2 Likes

It’s been suggested many times in the past. That’s why an offline calculator that has those functions not supported by ELR is preferable.

3 Likes

Good tip on Hot Rod’s @TorturedZen.

2 Likes