ELR forum has replaced fb for me anyone else?

i just realized today that i browse the ELR forum alot more than i do fb anymore , not a bad thing im just wondering who else has realized this ???

9 Likes

IMO, it’s a better class of people right here at ELR. It’s family, it’s home.

12 Likes

Personally I can’t stand FB, never could really. If it wasn’t for my work and band pages I wouldn’t have an account to be honest. I’m def with you that I’m on ELR much more :grinning: there are genuine people here who take the time to help each other and enjoy doing it. I’m grateful a close friend introduced me to ELR.

9 Likes

That is how I feel as well.I am one cold beer away from deleting my FB account.
My biggest problem with Face Down Book boils down to a couple of things.Why is it that the same people of FB send the same game invitation every day? I haven’t accepted your daily game invitation for more than a year…This should tell you something!
Last but not least is the wonderful "please like and share my post so I can find out who my true friends are! " Sorry… but hell to the no and don’t be expecting any birthday wishes next year either biatcch!
FaceBook is the Devil!

6 Likes

Absolutely! And the pics or status updates on what people are about to eat. Wtf…why would I care? Lol FB actually disabled my account a couple of months ago for using an alias. I was actually happy but had to make a real account for my pages.

3 Likes

Yeah they disabled my Henry Bowman account a while back!:joy:

4 Likes

Did they ask you to send Proof of ID? :joy: i sent a pic of me with my mask on lol

6 Likes

No ,but of course Henry had several ready for them to pick from!

4 Likes

Did that years ago and good riddance!

Apparently it is an automatic thing, I lost my temper with someone over that once, woman ended up crying :smirk:
I don’t lose my temper very often but when I do… :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

Facebook is dead in my world. Used them to store photos and videos now they sent me notifications saying down load an app to store photos by certain date or they delete info.
Facebook who???

5 Likes

Personally I don’t use Facebook for anything but family.

Which does include audiences like my newphews. I would rather not have them seeing their uncle vaping…and saying it’s cool.

On their side they don’t smoke as a family and I hope they never do…which means one gateway to smoking isn’t open to them as kids. If there ever was a day I find them smoking then it’s a different conversation.

4 Likes

Yeah between ELR & ECF I hardly look at FB anymore too.

4 Likes

i still hqve fb of course and do still look at but ELR is the first thi g i look at in terms of social media and im actually on it longer than fb

2 Likes

Facebook is handy for keeping up with my family and long time friends. Outside of that, I can’t find a very good use for it. Of course all the whiny butt liberals that use it for their own personal soap box…that can be entertaining.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Crap! I liked your post. We need a NO button LOL

3 Likes

@daath this lmao!

Anyways,
I use facebook still, as brad said- keeping in touch with family and old friends and such, i do find some of my newsfeed entertaining to scroll thru, Occassionally even find some interesting articles… The high and mighty are sometimes fun to laugh at too especially when reading comments of trollish or offensive memes regarding whatever this weeks bs in politics or current events is (cough orlando, trump, hillary, islam, lgbt cough). But, a majority of my time is spent on here reading and commenting and offering assistance where i can… And the occassional bitch session when i was freaking out about life… Sorry for that tho lol… Id say since joining ELR my facebook usage has dropped to less than 20% of what it once was. This is my home away from life. I find myself much closer to many of you than I do people I know in person. Most of the people I would consider friends in my life, can be found right here on ELR. Thanks to everyone who so eagerly welcomed me to the community and gave so much amazing guidance and help in getting started in DIY and expanding my vaping horizons to a completely new level.

4 Likes

No need to apologize. The fact you can do that here without anyone jumping in your shit speaks volumes to the the generosity of the heart that is this particular community. We all come here with one thing in common and leave with a multitude of support for a multitude of reasons. I often wonder if @daath had that in mind when he created this or if it just kind of “big-bang” happened? In any case it’s fascinating to see and experience first hand.

3 Likes

I am curious as well… In the beginning was having such a caring and loving community part of the plan? Or was it a database that developed and evolved into mostly intelligent life?

1 Like

I know the recipe site has been around for longer than the forum for sure. I’ve been here almost since the beginning and it’s always been a really awesome group of people. Not sure he coulda predicted that but if I had to wager, I’d say he’s glad of it. :wink:

5 Likes