ELR Mixing Contest II (LIVE)

8 Likes

It’s a short wait. Even if the judge’s extend steeping out to two week’s and not 5 days were already halfway there.

6 Likes

Killin’ the time …

7 Likes

What IS that stuff??? :scream:

8 Likes

Ive not even gotten my flavorings yet, i had to cancel the order i placed on the first and then placed the entire order at the Gremlins today. Even then they were out of stock on two, pretty damn good tho as i ordered 31 flavorings. Ever since i moved here shipping has been crazy. One of our family members sent me a little something last week. Origin was southern WI, USPS then sent it to Washington DC. Even USPS doesnt believe the UP is real…

I mixed the ones i could on the first then my nephews came up this weekend, now i have to remix two of them because we vaped them all, lol.

10 Likes

31 flavors is quite a bit for Flavorah.

Shouldn’t need to remix those. Those should be stuck in your head after vaping it all up.

USPS couldn’t find their crack to wipe it.

What I can’t believe is people trying to get a jump on the next competition. Let’s get this over before the next one begins. Best of luck with USPS. There is no UP only Michigan. LOL :joy:

9 Likes

Thats all of Baskin Robbins flavors

7 Likes

I love Spumoni. I remember the day my dad brought home a Spumoni and a Tortoni from an Italian bakery/dessert store and introduced me to them for the first time. It was his favorite thing to do, introduce his kids to new food experiences. I think that man had flavor orgasms :rofl:

7 Likes

Science :grin:

7 Likes

Reminds me of one of the pizza places in ny that makes the best sicilian pies in NY also makes famous spumoni. L&B Spumoni gardens

8 Likes

40 FLVs flavors total, but a couple were replacements. Fiddy offered to mix them all up and send them to me and after my excuses for him not to he says, “Lol , you just want the flavors . I have the same sickness.”, he nailed it.

For the two week test.

I reckon we like it that way but deliveries here suck. Totally worth it tho.

7 Likes

Main land Italian’s don’t recognize the Sicilians as Italian. The picture of the pizza was invented in Detroit by a Sicilian restaurant owner. It’s actually called a Detroit deep dish pizza. You have gotten your trivia on Italian cuisine for the day. :joy:

5 Likes

Im italian and sicilian pretty much. My grandfather from mainland Italy and grandma from sicily.

The only pizza that matters is NY pizza :slight_smile: Pizza from anywhere else is fake pizza.

7 Likes

The Detroit pizza i know is different from sicilian. Sicilian is light and airy with sauce and cheese spread on top. I think detroit is a thick crust filled with sauce and different cheese.

6 Likes

I think the main thing both pizza styles have in common is the sauce goes on top of the cheese.
That’s what keeps both crusts airy and soft instead of soggy. :blush:

5 Likes

There we disagree! Chicago deep dish is the best. Beats a foldable piece of grease anytime. The butter crusted pizza was invented by Lou Malnatti while working as a the head pizza chef for UNO pizzeria in Chicago. Lou eventually left UNO’s to open his own restaurant and his family owns about 14 stores in Chicago and suburbs.

5 Likes

That spumoni looks off…Cherry , Pistachio and Chocolate wth is vanilla doing in there for the 3rd flavor…

This is what spumoni should look like if its Ice Cream

6 Likes

Depends on the crust. The Detroit pizza I know is a lite airy crust. It gets that way because it gets a time consuming 4 to 5 rises and spread to fit baking pan. Sauced. Cheese (mots) is spread end to end… When baked the crust comes up the edges. It is a thicker crust pizza. It was the original pizza from his home town in Sicily.

4 Likes

Deep dish pizza uses a crushed tomato and Italian spiced topping on top of cheese, on top Sausage patty, Green pepper, onion sit directly on the crust covered wit cheese.
Detroit deep dish is bread crust, tomato sauce then Sausage or whatever covered with mozzarella.

5 Likes

Most ny sicilian is sauce under the cheese. L&b is whats called a upside down sicilian

5 Likes