ELR vs facebook, no comparison

Seems to be a lot of ol’guys out here feeling the same way and living the same lives. Sounds like a song ’ momma’s got her facebook, daddy’ got his ELR’, haha.

4 Likes

In my opinion ELR blows Facebook away but, this does not work well for my lady on ELR…

I could lie a little and say this was for my sweet ladies Alisa and Amy, but my true lady would never see it if posted here on ELR. See my lady does not Vape, never smoked cigarettes, does not chat with all you guys, nor does she know ELR is any different from the PTA. Truthfully I doubt she would care. To her it’s just my work and I don’t smoke because of Ecigs. That is it. So, I posted this on FB so she would see it this morning when she checked in. I guess there is a place for Facebook. I don’t mind visiting, but I wouldn’t want to live there. True that, and nuff said…

6 Likes

Somebody call The Who!

Sorry I completely missed this post!

Yes, I don’t think they like me over there :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

There loss, not ours. :yum:

5 Likes

Agreed, their loss. Thanks again @daath for this site. Really enjoy it.

3 Likes

Facebook is the devil and the root of all evil for the younger generation. (I am part of that gen by the way).

Besides. My Fb account is for family contact and my nephews. Since I hope to never worry about them smoking or vaping id prefer them not to see their uncle vaping. Sure, it’s cool for my personal situation and can spend hours talking positively about it, but I’d rather not get someone into it if they don’t need to.

1 Like

Lol!!! I quite enjoy Facebook (and I’m old) when it’s used properly. There’s absolutely too many pictures of what people are having for dinner but there are some useful groups out there.

I’m in a group for homebrew and it’s absolutely phenomenal. That’s because of the rules they have. The main one is that you never get “go and google it” type of attitude to new members. Everybody dives in with a helpful attitude. You’d get the boot if you told somebody to google it. Ignore it if you don’t like it is key.

I’m also admin on a group of nearly 13000 people. It’s a politics site so can get a bit nasty at times and it’s like juggling jelly sometimes but there’s always the block button.

I do however prefer a forum like this as it is much easier to follow things although I do prefer inline comments so you can talk within a comment and they don’t get mixed up within the whole post. A lot of folk don’t like them though I do appreciate that.

Edited: Just noticed how the online works on this forum. It’s so fancy it does both!!! As I said I’m old!!!

1 Like

4 Likes

Absolutely bang on. :+1:

I have fb to as others have said to keep up with family. Most of the time it’s just a pain. Actually read here on ELR. But tend to be quite. Keep on mixing.

1 Like

Being a fellow 'ol guy, I feel compelled to reply. I agree 100%. I get on Facebook less and less every year. Although I rarely post this forum has been a Godsend for me in my DIY journey. I come here often to read through these threads.

3 Likes

I use Facebook and belong to a few groups but husband is on every chance he gets , we’re OTR truck drivers in our fifties with 20 gig data to burn. I love making my own ejuice and he plays with the hardware, it’s kept us cigarette free over six months now maybe longer … so hard texting getting bounced on the road sry but I do prefer it here over Facebook

2 Likes

I am with you 100%. I have found facebook full of useless information from foolish people, whereas here it is straight up wisdom from the humble and wise. I have been here a very short time but already feel my time is spent MUCH more productively here rather then FB where I get to see who had what for breakfast. I registered onto this site a few days ago and I don’t think I’ve logged off yet…lol. And I am also not a spring ckicken anymore so…that may also have something to do with it…shrug

5 Likes

Don’t use FB then, simple :smiley: I only use it to keep in contact with friends and family who live a distance away, it’s great for that. My page is private, only seen by people I choose, and I only add people who matter to me.

I don’t get the comparison?? This is a forum … not a group page, completely different. I have found a few decent vape groups on FB too though. Why restrict yourself?

1 Like

Ironically, Wayne Walker has just joined the VHB FB group that I’m in :smiley:

VHB? He joined VHM too :slight_smile:

Yeah, I didn’t know there was a VHM also :smiley: but he has indeed joined VHB today

what are VHM and VHB?

VHB = Vaping home brewers

I’m not sure, but I guess VHM = Vaping home mixers?