ELR vs facebook, no comparison

oh, cool! There may be a use for FB yet! Are these groups invite only or just show up and contribute, don’t act like an ass, etc?

Some of them are by invite only, some just apply and once in just a intro post will get you going - there’s probably tonnes out there. VHB is mostly UK based, there was one linked here in another that was US based though

yeah I actually joined one and now that I think about it, the source may have been from here…kind of embarrassed to say I don’t recall the name. I haven’t really been active yet as I don’t use FB much.

Was it DIY e-liquid discussion? I joined too, but I’ve not been on FB a lot recently. When i do pop in, it’s pages like that i go to, as FB general just gives me headaches, lol

yeah I think so…and the (pretty cool) lady who runs it was saying something about introducing myself on the “pinned” post to show I am active…which I have NO CLUE what "pinned means or where to find that…so I may already be booted…lol. They are pretty clear about wanting active people and not people just ‘lurking around’ stealing recipes. All good…I just want to make some friends in the vaping community so…if not there, somewhere else then.

1 Like

And “Who” are you guys calling old?

2 Likes

Let’s hear it for lecherous old dudes!

1 Like

Since finding ELR, and joining in, I have learned more about DIY, and vaping in general, than I think a year of random googling would have taught me, I have already made some friends, and feel very at home here. I never imagined people who were complete strangers just a few weeks ago, I would be considering almost like family I never had. The amount of love and support here is absolutely amazing, and I am beyond grateful for it. I love ELR! As for facebook, lets just say, it has gone the way of MySpace, for me. I think I have logged in only once or twice for a couple minutes just to check messages, since finding ELR. The only DIY group I tried to join, simply declined my request to join, so whatevs, facebook had a chance, and blew it. ELR is my new home, 100%. Thank you all for helping me, and for making such an awesome community. The resources, and information provided, along with the peer support, make everything else I have looked at online look just plain silly, compared. This is definitely the best vape experience ever, so so glad I gave it another chance, and with the help of this community I haven’t smoked since, don’t even think about or crave it anymore. Now, I am just addicted to ELR instead, lol. Thank you all.

6 Likes

right on bro. As a new member I am pretty stoked as well by the general positive attitude in here and the willingness to try and protect us from poisoning ourselves or blowing our faces off. As I never use FB either, this will be my main place for interaction…

I too have been taking in information like drinking from a fire hose. If you look hard enough, there is damned near everything you need to know in here somewhere. I always hesitate to start any new threads as a lot of my questions are still basic ones, and I am guessing they are covered somewhere in here already…

4 Likes

HAZZAH for the wrinkleys!!!

3 Likes

Lol I ain’t wrinkly yet :stuck_out_tongue: only 28. Gettin some grays coming in, but its hardly noticeable yet, I see them tho.

As @Cagey75 guessed, VHM = Vaping Home Mixers and there’s a link to the Facebook group from our ELR ‘homepage’: Check cookies