ELR Website certificate expired

Hi all,

It appears the ELR website security certificate has expired.
The following message is displayed when I try to access the site:

5 Likes

@daath will know about this …Correct me if im wrong Website Certificate is for secured transactions?? Does ELR even need one ? I could see a place like BCF worryingg about this . I guess it can be an issue of people who donate are doing an auto payment every month. I am not well versed in website stiff like this so I jave no clue

4 Likes

I think it matters because everyone will get these warnings every link they visit and it’s extra links to click on.

6 Likes

Yes it should be updated as this message will appear for all ELR members and visitors.
The certificate is a way to inform your web browser that the site you are visiting is the legit website server, in case it has been hijacked by some dodgy player.

6 Likes

This is a pia! I can’t even get on my recipe page without jumping thru security hoops.Was wanting to looking up some flavor notes. And got cert expired… Can’t rate or reply on recipes. Anyone know if this is permanent?

5 Likes

you can get to the recipe page’s you just need to click the advanced button then press
Proceed to e-liquid-recipes.com (unsafe)
it will take you to the page’s but they are not secure.

5 Likes

Welcome to ELR @S.t.e.v.e

4 Likes

Welcome to ELR @AU_ChainVaper, and @S.t.e.v.e.

3 Likes

Agreed. Firefox allows for easy entry in the meantime.

5 Likes

Thanks @SessionDrummer.
I am looking forward to mixing some tasty vapes!! Cheers.

4 Likes

It has had issues over the last few days. But, not worthy of shaming.

3 Likes

I was aware that it would expire. I had actually purchased a new one, but they are slow to process it. This has forced me to purchase yet another one, which fortunately was processed much quicker. All should be good now :slight_smile:

Sorry for the inconvenience!

14 Likes

@daath, been there, done that (slow processing !!!). Thank you for your FAST help.

8 Likes

Thank you @daath I can confirm it is no longer displaying the message - all good now. Much appreciated.

8 Likes

It’s ok. The weird security warning were just an oddity I thought you’d fix.

4 Likes

Yep, same happening on MS Edge, acting weird and not secure, DB not loading and things like that, looks like a certificate not valid.

5 Likes

Https sites actually encrypt all traffic between you and the server. So if someone were to hack your network they can only see you are visiting ELR but not what you view or the text you type etc.

6 Likes

I have been having ok with it this morning so I guess all is well thx

6 Likes

Many thanks @daath :clap::slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

There’s no shortage of thanks he’s owed by us.

9 Likes