Emergency Food Subs

Okay so since panic has taken over … here’s some subs for ya

Evaporated milk buy it and use as regular milk by adding one can of water to one can evaporated milk. No it won’t taste the same but if there’s no milk on your grocery store shelf, it will work.

Emergency Bread: https://urbansurvivalsite.com/simple-survival-bread-4-ingredients/

• 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
  • 2 teaspoons of salt.
  • 1 cup of warm water.
  • Package of dry yeast.

Here’s how to make it:

1. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the flour.
  2. Add the package of yeast to the flour.
  3. Slowly add the warm water while stirring it all together.
  4. Cover the bowl with a damp towel and leave it in a warm place for one day.
  5. Scrape the mixture onto a floured piece of wax paper.
  6. Knead the dough and shape it into a ball while using flour to keep it from becoming too sticky.
  7. Put it into a greased Dutch oven.
  8. Use a knife to cut an X into the top of the dough.
  9. Set the Dutch oven in the sun until the dough doubles in size (about an hour).
  10. Put some hot coals above and below your Dutch oven.
  11. Check it every five minutes until it’s nice and golden brown.

Collect rain water to drink .

4 Likes

This is pretty much tongue in cheek, right? Unless I’m missing some big news of some sort?

6 Likes

Well you can do all this but yeah people are freaking out. I live in the country. I can kill deer, turkey and hogs. Have well water so not worried about that either. Milk, actually was looking up the idea for baking and ran across it so thought I’d share. Honestly, Phil, it’s not Corona I’m worried about it’s panicking humans that will buy out a grocery store LOL

9 Likes

I always want to make ice cubes, but when Grandma died she took the recipe with her.

I bought a can of powdered water, but I don’t know what to add to it…

16 Likes

ROFLMAO I have about a years worth of canned veggies but I like canning stuff for fun

5 Likes

No Emergency Beer ?
Now I’m freaking out!

9 Likes

LOL well we make fig wine but it takes a minute but here’s your beer https://www.instructables.com/id/Make-Beer/

6 Likes

Over here in Australia everyones worried about their bums! :rofl: Stampede for toilet paper in the supermarkets.

10 Likes

Thats funny …last night i had to go to Wal Mart and there was only a few rolls of TP left…

7 Likes

Thank god I’ve got a huge bag of organic cotton!

8 Likes

Somebody’s scheduled for a Klingon invasion! :rofl:

9 Likes

I’ve seen pictures of Walmart and Costco out of TP in WA. Luckily we got 3 big packs a week ago so we’re set. Otherwise we’ll make pulp from pinetree pines and have fresh ass smelling asses.

7 Likes

Why in the world doesn’t every home have a bidet wand attached to their toilet? They are super easy to install and super useful in cleaning your bum.

Tell me this! If you got shit on your face… would you just wipe it off with toilet paper and call it good? Really! :thinking: Uhhh… no you wouldn’t. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: You would WASH your face.

11 Likes

Thank you. I wasn’t even aware of Bidet Wands. I’ll be getting one asap. Years ago I rented a house that had a bidet. I was young and didn’t even know what it was. My friend’s mother from France had to tell us what we had. I always missed that thing :smile:

6 Likes

I’m with you until I read Michele’s response about the virus. So, is this what’s happening now? I just returned from vacation with family and every single one of us got sick as soon as we arrived at our destination. I’m home now, sick as a dog and not able to return to work. Believe me, Covid-19 did run through my mind for a second. The night before leaving Florida the news was reporting cases there and talking quarantine. My nephew was in Italy on business and just made it back before they started quarantining there. Idk what’s happening but I’m glad I’m in my own bed at home. And hoping that pg can only help :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Well for me it’s because my kids would use it like a water gun. Also because I didn’t know that these existed and I would probably use it as a water gun as well.

7 Likes

As a teenager I asked my dad why he had stacks and stacks of newspapers in the garage. He said when the great “Toilet Paper Shortage” comes, we would be rich. I just thought he was lazy.

13 Likes

who is laughing now lol

10 Likes

You’d have enough gum trees near you? Then you can have a pretty eucalyptus smelling bum. :rofl:

8 Likes

To not waste flour and salt, the yeast should be proofed. Add a 1/2 teaspoon of sugar to some of the warm water. Stir to dissolve and add yeast. Activity should be observable.

If sugar is not available, follow some wild bees back to their hive. Take and use some of their honey.

Just my 2 cents

8 Likes