Ethyl maltol SA

I apologize if it has been addressed before but couldn’t find an answer after a few searches.
I want to know what percentage to use as a stand alone flavor and if anyone does this. Does it need to steep?
I have ethyl maltol 10% TPA and it smells great and have wanted to see what it tastes like alone.
Also, how to get a pure cotton candy flavor “no blue raz” or anything like that. I once had a perfume that smelled of cotton candy that was pretty spot on. Also, the first juice I ever tried was supposed to be a tobacco, but I tasted and smelled more of a slight cotton candy rather than anything resembling tobacco. I just want that cotton candy vape and smell, it doesn’t have to even be very “sweet”, just that lovely smell and taste.

2 Likes

I think you are wright on whit etylmaltol, taste to me as cotton candy, plus it is over powerring to me if i use more than 5% whit other flavor

2 Likes

I love the smell and am ready to mix some SA!
I just need a recommended percentage for that. I am loving smelling the bottle though, while I wait. Lol

1 Like

Go for it ! start at 5% only one flavor yourisk is minimal, make small batch 10 or 15 ml at the time, and iguest that steeping will be minimal.:grinning:

1 Like

Thanks. I had no courage for this. Like who else wants to vape just ethyl maltol? :roll_eyes: I will make a 15ml of it cause I have some of those bottles ready. I guess I can just add more flavor or VG if it is not so good like that. Lol

Thing is to keep track of it to be able to replicate it once you get the wright mix!

1 Like

Yes, of course. Thank you!

Well I screwed up a bit already. :cry:

Damn VG and tiny necked bottle! Even with syringe, I squirted too fast and had a little overflow even with air in the bottle. With the nature of VG and PG, I am sure a lot of flavor came up! Maybe even some VG based nic! It won’t be the first time either. The VG plugs the syringe just enough to make it hard to push the plunger, then, even trying to go gently, it mostly squirts and overflows. :rage:

Dammit to pieces! I need to start over. WTH? How will I be able to deal with the VG in syringe with tiny necked bottles?

1 Like

Been there!! Sentence enhancers flow easily when VG runneth over.

5 Likes

:frowning_face::triumph::sob::sneezing_face::poop:not enough emoji for my frustration!

3 Likes

Im just gonna warm, shake and vape that part I made to get a little taste. I know it won’t be an accurate 5% mix. I just need to walk away from the mixing table for a bit…

1 Like

Yep me too, that is why i mix now only by weight, and got some equipment, there is a bit less pride to do a good job whit good tools, but i have no patience so… got this
https://www.diy-ejuice.com/Yorker-Tip-for-30-ML-60-ML-HDPE-Capped-Bottle-p/yorker-20.htm

Easyer to poor any of vg or pg

1 Like

I’ve called VG and narrow necked bottles some of the worst things I’ve called anyone in my life. Same for coils sometimes too. They get the brunt of my aggravation audibly, since I’d be wasting even more time by throwing them out the window and starting with new stuff to teach them a lesson. So they have to put up with being called all sorts of exceedingly degrading things. And I usually end it with “I’m going to vape the damned hell out of you to show you who’s boss, you stupid POS.”

3 Likes

My daughter was laughing at me! :scream:

I told her I will probably won’t have better luck making her a cotton candy perfume or body oil. She shut up then.

3 Likes

This little POS! Even with a needle in it. Press the plunger so gently and when the resistance suddenly disappears, and SPLOOGEZ out the top of the bottle with an airspace underneath! But the bottle wasn’t even full!

1 Like

I still love those little bottles for carrying and dripping with. So easy to use once filled.

1 Like

Yes but to mix in oooooOo i would not even try, the yoke is not comming off, bottles i get are always in two parts make it 3 if you count the cap?
I even do my test in a beaker and transfer once all ingredients are shaked to the bottle

The little nipple comes out, but the neck is still small. Like half a cm. It is why I was using syringe with a blunt tip needle to squirt in the VG. It is the bottle, nipple, and a childproof top. Even dripping drops one at a time, the VG tends to coalesce around the neck to cause a bubble and overflow.

Oh well, live and learn. I will pre measure and warm the VG next time. I do so love dripping my RDAs with those bottles. :heart_eyes:

Heh heh, little nipple…

2 Likes

Yes, the little nipple! This whole thread is full of that when I went over and reread it. :blush::zipper_mouth_face:

Well, just the descriptions of the squirting, splooging, oh so frustrating VG, and tiny nipples. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes