Etiquette About Reposting Another Mixer's Recipe, With Attribution?

Holy moly, that was amazing. lol Cannot BELIEVE you pulled that out so fast. I’ve got the first 3 on my list already, Sugar Orchid I’ve never even heard of, but I’ll grab them all tout du
suite! Thank you!! And my sweet tooth thanks you, too!

And Cream Cheese Stone? Oh heck yeah. I’d literally vape that solo, LOVE it. Off to peek. And I bookmarked Christians’s vids for when I have enough Flavorah in stock to play at will. ty ty!

4 Likes

I tend to put recipes together so fast, because I have been mixing with the company for an extreme amount of time. Once you know your flavors and where you like them, you too will be just as fast…
Sitting in the mall, club, even standing at the delli… you will be going mhmm a touch of this and dash of that… :stuck_out_tongue:

Sugar Orchid is a very shy flavor, not too many understand. I do have one I can post up real quick… this is going into the recipe book that might enlighten everyone…

Sugar Orchid is pretty much a frosting part, but its not frosting… it’s not meringue… but used low enough, it is!!! meringue! used a bit higher, the paste bits come out, and when pushed… you will get pasty almond cream with a funky back taste… It’s one of my dear favs…

Meet Lemon Meringue… my way. :slight_smile:

In order to make it a bit clearer, what sugar orchid is… check out this vid

5 Likes

Oh that’s so funny. I get the Sugar Orchid now. I always think of those cake flowers (and wow, those orchids are truly amazing) as gumpaste flowers. And yes, that’s definitely a flavor I want in my arsenal, as its almost a crystalline sugar that melts on the tongue. :wink:

5 Likes

Anywayyzz…back on topic.
If you like a recipe copy it. Mix it. Share it with acknowledgement to the author. Don’t copy it for the purpose of profit without giving credit, like some of the shady rat-bastard dealers do. There’s a reserved spot in Hell waiting for them.

I’m guessing since you mention Attribution that you’ve been lurking on ATF. For reasons totally beyond me some people think that tagging their recipes with that Creative Commons license is some sort of protection against it being copied and sold at a profit. Maybe it is. Or maybe it’s just a tool to look cool. Honestly I’m not sure how all that bullshit would work. But I’ve never heard of anyone being dragged into court because he ganked a recipe off the internet and sold it to little Johnny down the street.
The second a recipe hits the internet it’s fair game for anyone to do with whatever they want. Just ask HIC!

7 Likes

Or me… but HIC has paid recipes… and has already had them released.
Loss of income is not always an easy juice to vape… :slight_smile:

my situation is a bit different. I sell to companies and my paid recipes never see the light of the internet.

7 Likes

While it sucks people steal and sell I am pretty sure that you cannot attach any copy rights to a recipe unless there is a significant propitiatory method used (cant recall the exact words)

6 Likes

I was referring to him putting little warning tags on his recipes not to copy and post to other sites.
That’s like me telling some user to correct their flavor name, and they don’t comply. What’s the recourse?

7 Likes

I get what you are saying Tz… don’t think I do not…

I say mix on if a recipe makes you drool, go test it out :stuck_out_tongue:
I just dont want to see paid recipes released into the wild and that was already cleared up here earlier :slight_smile:

why is the smilies broke??? who did that?? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

it is caused by the quick reactions plugin - if you make the edit section bigger it will show.

:grinning:

6 Likes

hmm testing for smiles… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :goggles:

ugg it’s a pop up??? :cup_with_straw: < Ima need something a bit stronger… go red soho cuppie!!! :smiley:

5 Likes

Here is my question, why does someone want to post someone else’s recipe even if you give credit?
Folkart and Shyndo have accounts here if they want to share here, they will.
I have recipes from Kemist that once were public, but are now private. As respect to him, I would never release his private recipes.
It is respect.

8 Likes

Most of us have enough integrity not to do that. But then again, paying for a recipe to me is akin to just buying ready-made. The reason for DIY, aside from buying the concentrates, is not to have to spend more money than is needed. In My not-so-Humble Opinion.

5 Likes

Most diy’ers really do not go around buying recipes…
Businesses on the other hand do, either for the ease of not figuring out a recipe, or to gather ideas for yet other juices they may or may not mix. It’s an odd thing, I do agree… :wink:

5 Likes

Agree with you, but let’s not forget the user who thinks he’s shrewd by making little alterations to the mix here and there…all while not having to be imaginative on his own.

6 Likes

A lot of people over at atf have profiles on elr, but they don’t post anything. I personally hate the formatting of atf on my phone so I don’t use it, but one of my favorite all time recipes on elr came from a guy who’s whole elr profile is other peoples recipes from atf…if he had never copied them and put them up over here then I never would have known about it, and that’s not a world I want to live in lol.

5 Likes

To be carved in stone!

3 Likes

lol… I hope you saw… Etiquette About Reposting Another Mixer's Recipe, With Attribution?

:partying_face::smile::upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I can see both sides of the medal, and we can also argue about the pro and cons on both sides.

On one hand I agree, if it’s on the internet it’s up for grabs. Private or not, you put it there in first place. If you wanted it kept “a secret/hidden” don’t put it on the damn internet :wink:

But then again, some people get very butthurt over this, and it’s understandable too, because you might give credit but the next person wont.

It’s the same as the forums, we help people, spend hrs in pms or even go into longer detailed posts, and not get “credit” or a thank you. That’s more of an issue especially lately tho.

Would I personally care, if it were my recipes? Nope, but some people and I’m not arguing about it being wrong or right, do get offended/hurt/upset often enough around here and everywhere else.

As others have mentioned, some of the guys you mentioned do have a ELR profile (name might vary) a lot of them are down to earth (not all lol) you could message them and ask for permission, or they post it themselves.

Again it’s on the internet and therefore up for grabs (theoretical and legally) but out of curiosity that’s what I would do. If they don’t want it here on ELR ( some rly hate this place unfortunately) then it’s up to you, too either accept that or ignore it.

9 Likes

Yes @eStorm

Very fair point.

I never thought about that. I find it, if it’s good, I paste all comments and give all credit.

7 Likes

I always make it a point to cross-post even though I mainly use atf for development now. Recently I saw the reaction someone had when he saw someone reposted his recipe here without attempting to contact him. He has no problem having it accessible. In fact he’s going to start cross-posting as well.

What pissed him off, & would me as well, was that he was never contacted.

You don’t need a paid account on atf to message someone. With elr having a discord no reason you can’t pop into the atf\dod\diy_ejuice server to ask. Also many (certainly not all) mixers have Reddit handles as well.

I think it’s just common courtesy to ask first. If you get no answer & it’s public domain (idc about license meaning, I’m talking about anyone with a browser can find it. you can’t trademark a recipe, ask a chef) then post with a link to said page & credit the mixer.

I use both sites and a myriad of resources. both elr\atf have their strengths\weaknesses. We’re all better mixers with feedback & the access to information, just try to be respectful.

4 Likes