Etiquette About Reposting Another Mixer's Recipe, With Attribution?

If you want asked to you shouldn’t make the recipe public imo. As long as the mixer is given credit for the inspiration is where it ends for me.

6 Likes

Yeps, too true… also I do not think every single member “hangs out” on a discord… not possible.
I don’t.

Don’t want it spread from site to site or even shared elsewhere, do not publish it.
That simple.

If it is something you value… keep it to yourself. That way it is safe from anyone.

1 Like

Hello and thanks for this perspective! Was the offending recipe posting not credited to the original mixer? Or, was it just that he wasn’t contacted?

I feel like many others here that if it is properly credited and linked (esp. if outside of the site of origin) it should be understood that all respect has been given in the sharing of the recipe.

Contacting strangers can be a little intimidating. Giving props and a link should be the proper etiquette imo.

6 Likes

Great questions im wondering if this was thr lukeloop recipe ??? @Millions81 you make great points , how to post anothers rexioe has always been a question or an issue , if a recipe isnt yours and you want to share it then attch the mixers name , maybe link them if you can … Contacting a person for permission imo is over the top , try getting a hold of Wayne to ask him ( good luck )… When a recipe is shared by another mixer its because they like it , its a compliment to the original mixer , lets not make it more than that !!! ATF / ELR , You tube etc we all share a similar passion …Ive learned over the last few years that this topic will always have different opinions and that there will never be a compromise that will be accepted universally amongst mixers…

Plunderdrum , the only thing that was directes at you was the " great question" part lol

7 Likes

Good points, FV. I’d also add that many, many, oh so many mixers that post recipes on ELR will never read this or even open the forum in their entire mixing experience.

They may have no idea that there is an issue with etiquette and will just share anything, all willy-nilly! I hope nobody thinks “those bastards over at ELR have no respect!” Haha!

I think the mixers that do participate in the forum are dwarfed by those who simply use the recipe calculator and flavor database. One would need to leave a comment on the offending recipe to alert them to their transgressions.

5 Likes

Id hate that job lol…

3 Likes

I just mean that the offended mixer should leave a comment to ask that they either remove or give proper credit. However, i have seen many an asshole get offended by a request to correct something, so this may be futile.

6 Likes

Ahhh ha i read it wrong …hey im going to pm you about a recipe

4 Likes

Thanks for you first post on elr. Toes be toes. Yeah kinda not logical. But I do agree with the above, sending a bunch of messages between platforms may be difficult for many. This would include myself. Personally I don’t trust atf due to the crypto and lack of transparency.

I do agree that giving credit where credit is du is always needed. And don’t always agree with many of the items that occur with being frustrated/feelings. Feelings are hard. But if a post of a Recipe causes some much hurt I would be thankful that is the only challenge I am facing in life at that moment.

4 Likes

Since we are talking about reposting other people’s things … Yesterday I started a thread and posted Developed you tube channel w/o permission is that ok ??? Should have I contacted Graham or DIY or die or who ever b4 I did … I enjoy the show and think it can benefit other so i posted it , imo two very similar things ??? What does everyone feel about that ??? I’m only curious

5 Likes

I’m still not even sure what discord is and not much interested in finding out.

3 Likes

I tried it out once. It was like walking into a store in the mall meant for a much younger generation. The music doesn’t sound good and it’s far too loud, and none of the jeans fit!. It looks like it’s meant for gamers.

4 Likes

@Millions81, I had heard about a ATF recipe that had been posted here WITHOUT due credit, and it had been mentioned and discussed. I decided to re-post it, giving the author ALL the due credit he deserved, and tripple linked back. @lukeloop was kind enough to drop in, and share his appreciation.

8 Likes

I think this is the perfect way to post another person’s recipe… It checks every box imo

4 Likes

Don’t see how anybody on a U Tube can get upset. The guy gets paid by how many clicks he gets.

4 Likes