EU vapers. How much nicotine have you stockpiled in preparation for the TPD?

I’m getting forgetful in my old age lol

1 Like

I’m afraid you don’t understand what I’m saying if you say you’ll specify in percentages instead of per mille. Have a look at the label on your nic concentrate. You’ll find the concentration mentioned in mg per ml. Then do the math: what percentage is this, and how many mgs of nic would be in a ml when it would be “3% nic”?

Keep in mind: a ml of water = 1 gram of water = 1000 mg of water. 48mg (a strong concentrate’s amount of nicotine per ml) would amount to 0,48 percent, not 4.8 percent. Now imagine having an e-juice with your 3% of nicotine. The numbers are different for VG and PG since these are heavier than water, but to keep things comprehensible let’s assume they were the same weight. You’re then talking about a nicotine level roughly 6 times the amount you’d find in the strongest concentrate I can get on the EU market atm.

It’s a common mistake though. to talk about a “3 percent nic juice”, etc. I still write DIY bottle labels mentioning a percentage every once in a while, TBH. I’m glad there’s laws against buying raw nicotine, I guess, because half of us would be dead if we’d have to handle it :slight_smile:

But yeah. Sorry for being a bit of a smart ass.

Ah no, I think it is you that didn’t understand. The sarcasm may have been lost in there somewhere, but if you would like to know just how many fucks I give about pedanticism. Have a quick google of −273.15°C and that should tell you the number :smile:

2 Likes

You can buy cans of argon gas and apply it to your bottles of nic yourself. Wine aficionados use it to keep wine in a good condition after opening the bottle. Look up “private reserve argon” on Amazon or E-bay etc.

1 Like

If you’re referring to “I’ll make sure to specify the next time I’m talking about nic percentage of a finished mix”, then you’re completely right, I didn’t notice any sarcasm there. It could also be explained as a dumb comment on what I said, and I’m afraid I underestimated you and assumed the latter. Sorry about that. In my defence, this is the internet and the probability of encountering a dumb comment is huge. I didn’t have to google that temperature in order to understand it’s a witty way of saying you don’t give any fucks at all about pedanticism. I guess I shouldn’t be too worried then, but if I did irritate you after all: I’m sorry, didn’t mean to. As a last thing, I’ve given up alcohol and cigarettes myself and could have never done it at the same time. I have huge respect for people who do, and I wish you the best of luck with it.

1 Like

With high quality NIC, I cannot taste any difference. I would be leery of using a LOWER mg. 100% PG NIC as you would be using more of it, and that would reduce how high VG you could mix. With the 100mg however not much is needed so not much of an impact.

I shall look this up now. Anything to ensure a good shelf life will be of great help. I rebottled a lot of the nicotine as it originally came in 1 litre pet bottles so I already exposed it to more air than I’d like. Fortunately at -25°c any reactions will be slowed so much I think it should last a decade.
I only use 1-3mg per ml strength for my juices and 10-14mg for the other halfs so what I do have will go a very long way.

I’ve just bought my first batch of lubrisolve VG. I’m still currently on darkstar VG but I use 75/25 and 80/20 mixes so I’ll let you know if I notice any difference in taste between the darkstar and lubrisolve VG once I get started on it (I’ll try and do a a couple of bottles of same recipe today and just vary the VG).

Do you add any purified/distilled water to your Max VG mixes? as I find it produces a much more vapable finished mix when using Max VG

I have used Lubrisolve and Lucemill VG on a regular basis and found them along with the Pink Mule VG Nicotine and Purified water produced a decent Max AG base.

I have switched to Special Ingredients VG now as it is made using coconut/palm oil rather than the usual rapeseed or Soy versions that are readily available and I have used previously . Which for my tastes the Special Ingredients VG gives me a slightly more sweeter finished to my mixes meaning I very rarely add sucralose to any of my mixes now,

4 Likes

I’ve never heard of pink mule before. Just looked them up.

Had to edit this entire comment. Upon first glance it looked though pink mule nicotine was around £7.50 for 500ml. But I made a mistake. It’s considerably more expensive than darkstar. Got all excited for a minute and was going to order another few litres. :grin:

500ml 72mg nicotine works out at £54.40 from pink mule
So 4 times more expensive than darkstar.

Darkstar has the cheapest Nic that i know of within EU. In Germany the cheapest 72mg i found is 50€ for 500ml
Unfortunately Darkstar doesn’t ship outside UK which is a bummer for us EU citizens that want Nic for a good price.

3 Likes

Pink Mule is by far the best quality nicotine I have ever tried in Europe. Unfortunately since Brexit and the pound crashing the price has increased by 25-30% from this time last year and has gone beyond my price range also.

My stockpile mainly consists of Gosmokefree (sold out now) and Darkstar’s nicotine in the freezer at the moment whilst running down my final stocks nicotine from Pink Mule from last year at the moment.

2 Likes

All this brexit stuff will hopefully recover in due course. The pound is fortunately still far stronger than it was back in 2010 or so (I remember getting 1 euro to the pound when traveling, was ridiculous).
I have wondered about the quality of darkstar nicotine as it does have quite a biscuity smell to it and apparently nicotine shouldn’t smell. However I’ve never noticed it once mixed up as a smell or taste (which is good).
I think darkstar get their nicotine from the US so it’s surprising the US nicotine prices are higher (from what I can see).

So how much have you got stored away? Have you fully stocked up or plan to get more before the end of may?

1 Like

Do you know if it’s due to EU shipping regulations or just their policy ? You could potentially have someone in UK take delivery and then forward it on to you. Although at those weights shipping prices could be quite high and I’m guessing a lot of couriers probably won’t carry it.

Are you well stocked up ready for TPD?

1 Like

I have 4.5 litres in the freezer and just over a litre in my cupboard, which I am using first. Will look to get another couple of litres nearer May (hoping Pink mule will reduce prices to get rid of stock) by then? As I mix for friends and family also.

Never had any smell or aftertaste from either Pink Mule or Inawera nicotine bases. I guess that is why they charge a premium over some of the other independent vendors, whose QC isn’t always as good imho when it comes to colour and smell of there bases, for whatever reason maybe?

2 Likes

As far as i know it is just policy but as i understand it they are looking into shipping outside UK.
Since i am using Nic at low MG in my liquids i’m all good on Nic. By the time my Nic is about to end i have probably gotten over to 0mg liquids anyway.

2 Likes

That would definitely make sense. The less work it takes to produce a final product the less it’s likely to cost. So I would expect a premium nicotine to be colourless and odourless due to more refinement.

That’s a good amount you’ve got put away there.
I’m hoping once the UK has left the EU we’ll introduce our own policies for vaping and maybe we’ll be able to buy high strength nicotine for mixing again. Either way I wanted to make sure I had enough to cover 10 years. I have a feeling the amount of bottles friends will want after the TPD will go up. So it’s good to be prepared.

2 Likes

No worries whatsoever, you didn’t irritate me at all. I had a slight eye rolling moment but that was about it lol. I appreciate your words too, so thanks for that.

2 Likes

It’s shipping regulations. Anything over 48mg can’t be shipped by air. It’s same in the US, anything over that has to go by surface mail.

2 Likes