eVic VTC Mini review: Amazing

I just downloaded the zip-file from them - the 2.0 was in there…

OIC you have to get the whole package again. They need new monkeys in their programming dept. Seems like it’d make more sense to have the program update automatically. Maybe that’s just spoiled American me talking, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve just done mine @jojo and it took seconds. Using it in tc mode with ss and it works a treat. Duel coil 0.14ohm

notice the v2.0 thats the new one.

2 Likes

Ive got a duel ss 317l running at 0.14 ohm in tc mode at 440f and its vaping nicely at 40 w👍

sorry its showing 0.15ohm

I just tried with my Crown standard 0.25o dual SS coil - It works a treat! :smiley:

3 Likes

What you got yours set to? That’s what I’ve got on mine atm.

1 Like

It measured ohms to 0.26 - I set it at 245oC (473oF) and 55W :smile:

EDIT: I guess it could go 255oC (491oF) and 60W - it’s better actually! Might even have to go a bit higher :smile:

2 Likes

This is the part of TC that’s still very confusing to me. Balancing the settings against each other. I’ve got a stock “.25 dual SS” coil in here that I’d been quite happy with at 30-33 W in power mode. So then I’ve set the TC Wattage to 33.3W, and started the temp kinda low and gradually brought it up to about 550F and it seems OK. But would it be better to raise the Wattage and lower the temp? I feel like I might be missing the point.

Power mode and TC mode are two different beasts. I’d say try to raise it to 50 or even 60W and set your temp :slight_smile: The power determines the speed at which it will achieve your desired temperature.

3 Likes

The unit must be set in SS mode, then the resistance must be locked in at room temperature. I imagine you did all this but covering all bases. Then, yes, up the wattage and then play with temperature to find your sweet spot. It’s all about your preference and no one can tell you where to set it to please you. It’s time to play guy. Play till you find your sweet spot. Start maybe at 50w and 480 temp and go from there…

2 Likes

Set power to 50W and I’m still finding I like the temp around 520 to 550F. And my new Ti wire just showed up, so that’s even more to play with. I’m sure in a couple weeks this is gonna all seem so obvious, but right now it’s all new!

Also, for some reason that made me think of this:

2 Likes

Daath I tried the same thing and it doesn’t hit very well am I doing something wrong?

I had to go a lot higher on the temp (540F) to get a vape I liked. Air holes closed about halfway, if that matters.

Closed the air hole half way and I’m at 500 deg. and it seems better. The temp protection works very well.

1 Like

Is this not the case with all of us?

1 Like

This is really strange.
I vape my crown .25 coil down to almost nothing trying to get it to set off the temp ptotection, but befor it got to that point I put in some more juice because I didn’t want to maybe destroy my coil and now the flavor is far better and the power of the vaper is far supior to what I was getting before at the same setings.

1 Like

Dunno - I settled on 260oC (500oF) and 60W for my 0.25o Crown coils - works wonderfully and hits good! :smile:

1 Like

Dont know what transpired but it’s awesome now!!

540deg 65.1w

1 Like

About 470f for me with the stock .25 coil in on the crown. 500f , its just a bit too hot for me. ( personal preference again) :smile:

1 Like

good primed coils make a huge difference imo

1 Like