Exceptional Flavours that are under rated or not known

I figured I’d start a thread regarding under rated flavourings, which are either not very well known or are just from obscure brands which many mixers may well not be familiar with, I’ve done a great deal of flavour testing over the last few years & have found some real hidden gems & wanted to firstly start sharing some of those flavours here so maybe others can benefit from them & secondly in hopes that other mixers contribute with the same - please do share those secret flavours you think are golden but little known of as i’m like most always trying to broaden my mixing horizons.

I’ll start with a few & add more when I have time.

I’d have to say the 2 right at the top of my list would be the Hangsen Cream & Hagsen Milk, both very similar in taste but the cream being ever so slightly thicker feeling & a damn site sweeter as well, I throw the cream at everything & would literally be totally lost without it, IMO it’s hand down the best / most versatile flavour ever & just soooo gooood, sadly now very difficult to get a hold of.

A couple of flavours from the German brand “Pure Flavours” are so good it’s hard to quantify when stacked up against the same flavours from other brands as they shine so brightly, again a brand that’s very problematic to lay your hands on, they also have some god awful flavours in the range, but IMO the below offerings are the best in class, with the peanut & honey just being something else - amazeballs!

Peanut - super accurate without the overkill or the red inner skin sourness
Honey - the most authentic un cat piss like honey ever lol
Elderflower - nail on the head
Blueberry - the most fruit accurate one I have tried & I’ve tested over 20
Eggnog - this is the nuts, sadly I think it’s been discontinued =(
Lychee - spot on

The cherry / cranberry / cream & hazelnut are also very decent

I just wish I could get hold of them again.

Then there’s this hidden gem only available from Vapable in the UK, from what I gather it’s a 2nd line of their own flavours “Tart Base” this is the flavour I had been searching for, it’s literally opened up a whole new world for me in my mixing as it’s that real sweet crust tart base, a little on the sweet side but otherwise it’s to die for & I have now got several ADV’s where I have put this to use.

CSC was a range that sadly did not last very long with Chefs vapours in the UK haing them as their own brand range just prior to shutting up shop, but the range was IMO a blessing when it happened as some of them are just so good, I have heard they will be making a comeback in the coming months but under a different name from a different vendor here in the UK (fingers crossed), so here are a few from that range I feel really are bloody good & likely not that well known due to what went down.

Rhubarb - best I have ever tried
Blackberry
Sponge Cake
Custard
Custard Cake
Forest fruits
French vanilla - very similar to the excellent CAP version but IMO a little better & needs only a fraction of the amount
Hazelnut cream
Lemon
Marshmallow - very good & actually tastes like it should which is more than can be said of most
Meringue - insanely good & accurate
Mint Cream
Peanut butter, though still not as good as the exceptional PF I mentioned above
Puffed Rice
Red Fruits
RY Castle
Tobacco gold - this was dropped from the range before the brand went tits up, though I do hope it will make a come back, it’s good enough to vape standalone & is just an all round exceptional tobacco flavouring
Waffle
yuzu

You do really have to do some digging / flavour testing of some obscure & hard to find brands to get a truly exceptional stash together & that task is a daunting one & very time consuming.

I’ll come back & get some more added, but please do post some up yourself as I can’t wait to hear others thoughts on some great flavours I may not know about - happy mixing!!

19 Likes

Great Thread …Ill add Oat and Rice from Hiliq . The oat is pretty potent so minimal use is needed to get an actuall oat flavor . The rice is unbelievable , not super concentrated but accurate and No fade.

13 Likes

Tobacco Fresh from Flavourhub in Canada, only good in MTL systems, sucks in direct lung but best flavour to get anyone away from cigarettes, probably one of my top flavourings and the reason I quit smoking. Still use it daily in a pod when I’m out and about and can’t drip. Actually lots of the Flavourhub house concentrates are really really good. I wish more people used them. Also Reka/Wrecka. I have around 20 and most are amazing. They are so potent and can be challenging to mix with but I love them.

8 Likes

Def fe sweet rice. Black & milk or black mile + also a fav of mine

7 Likes

Not sure I have ever seen this brand offered in the UK market fidalgo, I presume you are stateside?

4 Likes

I only vape DTL myself so not something that would be of use to me personally, but thanks for leaving this info for others to see.

Yes I agree the sweet rice is very good, though TBH I have struggles to find many uses for it, maybe time to think on it again.

4 Likes

Ya , Its a Chinese Comapny…Ive only ordered Direct and I only know about these flavor because @juice_junkie_lover sent them for me to try years ago…Also @Beaufort_Batches recommended. They have a few other flavors but these 2 are standouts

3 Likes

So here’s a few more gems IMO, first up some of the “A-sense” range from Poland, I really need to try to get in contact with them & try to order a few flavours directly as we are sadly now without a stockist of them in the UK, this brand has some very special flavours IMO.

Shish & Tobacco (NET) -

I have just vaped the very last of what I had of this, maybe 3 draws left on a drying out wick & I am already missing it before it’s run dry, it is without doubt the most authentic straight tobacco flavour I have tried & go on with so well, normally straight tobacco is a litle much for me, but this one is fantastic, they need using a little high at between 6 to 10% & are more expensive than their regular flavours but so worth it, I really would love to try the other NET flavours they have in their range, I think another 2 or 3 tobaccos & also 2 hemp flavours which could be great or could be dire, I use the their Shisha & Tobacco in one of my ADV’s & just never tire of it (Go Go Tobacco Nutz) if you check my mixes.

Aloe -

This is something rather special, not a standalone flavour, but what it can do for softening & wetting up fruity mixes is fantastic, I sometimes use it in conjunction with the ever popular wetting aget INW Cactus & used in tandem they really do liven up fruity / drink / sorbet etc type mixes.

Black Tea (NET) -

Hands down the most accurate & pleasurable straight black tea flavour ever IMO, really lends itself to a lot more things than you would maybe consider it does.

Creme Brulee -

Without a shadow of doubt the best version of this from any brand IMO, it’s divine.

Cactus -

A genuine cacts flavour with some hints of lemon, not quite as wetting at the INW, but a lot more forgiving & can be used high enough to be more than just a wetting agent.

Lemon Splash -

A lovely profile this & can easily be vaped SA, it’s more of a sherbet lemon affair than a totally fruit accurate one, but it does what it does so well.

5 Likes

Next up a few “DEA” flavours, sadly again very problematic to sauce & not cheap either.

Chocolate -

I need this in my mixing life, it has to be easily the very best of the best when it comes to a real indulgent natural chocolate taste.

Mexico -

A RY4 with all the bells & whistles, easily a standalone flavour IMO & it really is the full package.

Sunlight -

This is an eastern dry roasted cigarette flavour, but don’t let that put you off, it’s the real deal IMO & ticks all of the boxes

7 Likes

Natures flavors has some very under rated bangers like danish and butterscotch

7 Likes

Sasami Waffle Dough which is a great flavour that @Frunkster gave me the heads up about. I have only used it in a couple of recipes and it’s extremely potent stuff but used correctly it’s a damn good plain waffle without that awful fake maple syrup (Cyclotene) note that most waffles have.

9 Likes

Yeah that’s another banging flavour James, strong is a bit of an understatement though, my 10ml is going to last me a very long time.

2 Likes

A couple more off the top of my head

Nutmeg (real flavours) -

insanely good & so accurate, needs using very low as it gets waxy but it’s one I would not be without, my egg custard (main ADV) would just not be half as good without it.

Gamma Octalactone (TPA) -

This stuff seems to be very little known about which I find rather odd, only available direct from TPA/TFA it’s IMO a well guarded secret in the industry, it’s an enhancer for cream & really delivers, one little 15ml bottle should also last a lifetime as you need to dilure the hell out of it

7 Likes

I know so many people are sensitive to gamma octlactone . All they taste is coconut from it. I am not

2 Likes

Just have to be careful to not add it to flavors that already contain it.

Yes , Absolutely…

3 Likes

Yes I’ve heard some taste coconut from it heavily, I am lucky to not be affected, if I were not affected by the god awful vomit taste I get from some flavours it’d be a blessing though, still no idea why / what is the cause.

Being ok with the gamma / coconut sort of makes up for my strawberry blindness

3 Likes

& just how would you figure out which do contain in is the question??

3 Likes

NF Brown Sugar (Organic) is definitely an under rated flavor!

5 Likes

Strawberry blindness sucks. Even worse though it half strawberry blindness. For me it comes and goes randomly. Nothing worse the tasting full strawberry for a while and then it randomly cuts off for months. I still taste the strawberry but like very weak. The heavy vividness and bright notes shut off somehow.

4 Likes

Besides researching and diving into what the flavors have in them im not sure…There are flavors like Yes We that i havent seen but am sure it contains it…Like all Flavor Compounds too much can make things worse.

I learned about gamma when i was wanting a mouthfeel like the fudge Creamsicle and was told they contain gamma…

1 Like